Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
such a weird crop of champions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Jst0rm posted:

whats the story behind that conor pick? I always assumed he was faithful to his girl (maybe thats his girl lol)

he went to a strip club and paid a woman to dance on his lap. PM me if you want to know more about this activity.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Gus is overrated

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ditch posted:

Embedded #3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzRpGFWQPJA

Rashad around the 6 minute mark is definitely the highlight.

it's good to see Rashad back doing his thing.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I have no idea why Jon doesn't have one of his hanger-ons drive for him when he decides to get blasted on whatever on any given night

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
other than being an egomaniac retard, :ortiz:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
If the very idea of Ryan Bader being a contender doesn't tell you something about the state of that division then well, I don't know what to tell you.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

CarlCX posted:

Shogun is 2 for his last 6, one of those two is now a middleweight and after that victory he too was knocked out by a middleweight. Shogun is the #7 light-heavyweight in the UFC.

Shogun rules though

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
it's just fun to say LHW is awful because then you get tangents where people start bringing up Bryan Caraway with so much enthusiasm you can hardly believe it

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

evil spiff posted:

Somebody with a good Fight IQ(TM) tell me why Gustaffason will lose. I've only seen his recent card appearances, and he looked solid to me. Not that DC isn't, but I'm stupid.

Well he considered retirement after getting thrashed in front of 30,000 of his countrymen for starters. He might be mentally checked out.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Man people turned on Hendricks real quick. I remember when he was generally well liked

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Dana White promising title shots is about as reliable as Jon Jones saying he's a rehabilitated man

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

this was my thought as well.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
really though someone who knows what's what re: weight cuts was this a case of Johny being a lazy fat poo poo with his diet or something else that he couldn't account for?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fatherdog posted:

There are a whole host of causes of both intestinal blockages and kidney stones. However, one of the possible causes for both of them is dehydration, and if Hendricks kept his weight down better he wouldn't have to dehydrate as much or as long.

So you can't say definitively that this was because of his weight between camps, but it does seem likely that it wsa a factor.

that works and I kind of figured as much.

Bubba Smith posted:

Benson Henderson just said on twitter he would gladly fight Woodley on 2 days notice and asks for Woodley to call his bluff on it.

gently caress. yes.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Marching Powder posted:

Me. I've been extremely vocal about hating him since the gsp drug thing.

now THAT'S a real reason to hate on Bigg Rigg.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Aurain posted:

Those girls they had to play young Rousey look so much like her it's unreal.

it's her sister, apparently.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

FishBowlRobot posted:

Even though you're joking, would that be the funniest thing for Jones to do? Should he come back and immediately take the LHW belt back or should he make a run at heavyweight and deny DC/Alex a rematch for awhile to gently caress with them? I know I know, he'll choose the first one.

dude Jon coming back and making DC cry again only to immediately move to heavyweight would be the coolest loving thing he could ever do.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Jon Jones would wreck Mark Hunt so bad he'd wish to relive his childhood all over again

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Cher even being aware of MMA, let alone supporting it, is ten shades of awesome.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

The Sphinxster posted:

Is Cher from the 209? That seems more likely to me.

As a former resident of the 209, no, no she is not.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
uh, because they are significant.

what's to be confused about?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I hope Ryan Bader continues to win fights convincingly just to further be ignored as a legitimate title contender.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Ryan Bader has essentially been Alpha Male'd without actually ever getting copious amounts of cracks at the title and it's great

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

CarlCX posted:

Ryan Bader is eventually going to be the man who retires Shogun and it's going to be tragic.

don't say these words.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Pretty appropriate how the Fake Wrestler Extraordinaire Phillip Brooks fulfilled his obligation by training at RufusSport by getting injured in camp

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I really, really don't want any drama involved with my favorite Nor-Cal bros

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Cruz is gonna have some pretty good zingers when the TJ fight draws near

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

yeah

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

CommonShore posted:

The talent gap in W135 compared to other divisions is a bit overstated, too.

W135 has one great fighter, a few decent fighters who really have no hope of dethroning her, and then a garbage fire.

HW has two great fighters, one pretty good but declining fighter with multiple losses to one of the great ones, an old man on a winning streak, and a garbage fire.

205 has a champ, a "champ," and then a few decent guys who have lost to the champ and the "champ," and then it's a garbage fire.

155-185 are shark tanks.

145 has four great guys on top of the heap and then it's a mess.

135 has Brian "Seedy" Caraway pushing the top 5, and actually in the top 5 if we remove fighters who are hopelessly inactive, injured, or no longer fighting in that division (Barao, Assuncao, and McDonald). Let that sink in.

125 has one great fighter, a few decent fighters who have really no hope of dethroning him, and then it is a garbage fire.

see, all fighters are bad.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

CommonShore posted:

I was actually thinking JDS but yeah, I should have added Hunto as a separate item there. I wasn't sure how to classify him.

You can classify him in the garbage fire because that's where he belongs

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

1st AD posted:

Joanna Champion is better at fighting than Travis Browne hth

I wouldn't be so sure

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Ronda is the Ronda of this generation. She put it best when she rematched Miesha and said "I'm an Olympic athlete, and she's a high school wrestler."

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I just mean you can't compare her to Royce or Fedor because it just doesn't apply

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

caposa ‏@GrabakaHitman 2h2 hours ago
Sportscenter guy: "What can fans who have never watched UFC expect to see at UFC 193?"

Joanna J: "They can see blood."

Joanna Champion is just the best.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
the only issue I have with TJ leaving Alpha Male is that he's going to need to bundle up in Colorado, and his days of being shirtless are almost surely behind him

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
if someone could post that gif of TAM "pranking" team Cruz by working out naked in their dressing room i'd greatly appreciate it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
watching someone play video games sounds like a good way to spend my free time.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bundt Cake posted:

did you miss their last 100000000 title fights

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

I'm not a huge Ronda fan, but that's a really great quote. Props to her.

ronda seems like the kind of universally liked fighter unless that sandy hook comment digs itself deep inside you skull, otherwise she's loving great in just about every way.

• Locked thread