Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

Seltzer posted:

I'm aware they're mocked and rightfully so. I just find it funny that people that love those guys don't like Hendricks because he's a "whiner".

I think it's a combination of his whining, struggling with making weight where his solution was to lose Dolce and own a steakhouse, and trying to beat Lawler by sticking his head in his crotch for as long as possible. It's a recent trend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

Bubba Smith posted:

Benson Henderson just said on twitter he would gladly fight Woodley on 2 days notice and asks for Woodley to call his bluff on it.

I'd be down to see that match tbh. UFC probably won't do it since they need Bendo to be healthy to headline that November South Korea card AND they probably enjoy embarrassing Hendricks at the moment. But that would be a better option than automatically giving Woodley a title shot and his show + win money for nothing.

That's insane and would be cool but I wonder if Woodley would even take that fight.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

Bluedeanie posted:

I think the money came from the fact that he was able to parlay his podcast listenership into big sponsor checks for his fights moreso than actually earning a lot for the podcast itself, which obviously is not something he can do anymore and is why he was so outspoken to the Reebok deal.

Not that it makes his retirement any less good and pleasant for us.

It was well before the podcast. When he struck his big money deal he was considered a prospect and slaying old, big names and started getting paid big for being on the main card in many of his fights. Even if the Reebok deal didn't happen I really doubt Schaub's sponsorship deal for fights would sustain its value (6 figs) with where he was in the division though.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

If Aldo dominates or ends Conor fast, I wonder if he would take the opportunity to completely destroy Conor's stock and LW title hotshot in the post-fight interview by saying it was his easiest fight and/or how he's nothing but talk and a joke. It'd be a huge gently caress you to his "9-figure contract" claims and cutting the line to fight Cerrone/RDA before Khabib. It'd also be a big gently caress you to the UFC's revenue potential; and he'd probably enjoy that. On the flip side he'd get booed so hard by the crowd that he'd actually start to draw for once.

Then Frankie can come in as the American hero and take what's rightfully his.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

Seltzer posted:

I've only ever heard of the flag being taken down at the end of the day at government buildings and schools. Like seriously what insane person ritualistically takes down a flag everyday. I can only imagine what Kennedy thinks of those little wooden stick flags people put in their lawn for the fourth.

Well, when the person doing that with the flag spends their entire day on the porch in a rocking chair it's actually not that inconvenient of a chore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Because I'd like to think that people aren't so silly as to give a bunch of money to a dude who makes a whole bunch more than most people.

Something about not losing faith in humanity.

There are royalty in the middle east that donate lots of money out of appreciation for streamers in known amounts upwards of $20k USD (stated by pro-gamer Jordan 'c9.n0thing' Gilbert on JRE) and I don't see how there's anything wrong with that happening to tiny punch-man DJ. Plus he can rake in more sponsorship dollars on Twitch by wearing his XBox apparel or whatever. I haven't watched his stream so he's probably already doing that though.

Don't hate on his alternative stream of income. Honestly, good for Quinton as well especially while he's in the legal battle and can't fight.

• Locked thread