Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Volcott posted:

We should take action of the half of the solution that won't be fought against tooth and nail by the NRA et al. If the GOP votes against that too, then they are truly Those Fuckers.

I can't really imagine the GOP objecting to a modest expansion to health care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Boywhiz88 posted:

I don't remember a particular GOTV public app but both campaigns in 2012 had apps with similar goals. The DNC's worked a LOT better than the RNCs. I think it was called ORCA? I'll look it up

Orca was the GOP one, the dem one was Narwhal.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Father of the shooter says its ridiculous that his son was able to legally stockpile 13 different weapons and if he hadn't been able to, this wouldn't have happened at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0hXpA4_3Jw

According to the comments that guy is a crisis actor. Wheeee.

Edit: Argh, beaten.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Quorum posted:

We're still in the stage of things where a bunch of really furious and tense people are writing, reading, and digesting a series of vaguely panicked after action reports. Once that happens we will know more about where this falls on the spectrum from "tragic accident that should never have happened" to "flippant disregard for laws of war." Immediately jumping to "kill all the bloodthirsty baby eating soldiers" seems like gilding the lily a bit. Someone, likely multiple someones, hosed up. Hopefully we can figure out who and how and what degree of flippant disregard for civilian casualties there was.

What's the lily here? Dead doctors?

moller
Jan 10, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

e: Hey Toyota, why do 10 out of 10 Mujahideen fireteams ask for the Hilux by name?

(Seriously Hiluxes have been right up there with hummers, blazers, and escalades as far as "vehicles invariably driven by dangerous pieces of garbage" for like 30 years because they're drat near indestructible)

This article is written in such a way that seems to imply that the author and "US officials" aren't aware that consumer pickups in general and the highlux in particular have been the vehicle of choice of irregular armies on multiple continents for, like, 40 years. I mean there's an African war named after them.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

moller
Jan 10, 2007

And here I am, thinking of Arthur Brown.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Am I misremembering or wasn't the Senate and House controlled by the Democrats in 2008 and 2010 was when it started going down hill. Meaning Obama could have put through what legislation he needed.

Democrats are basically idiots.

Something something Lieberman.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

pacerhimself posted:

From this we are able to determine the volume and circumference so it's not like it's useless info

You mean area right?

I suppose it could be a sphere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moller
Jan 10, 2007

SumYungGui posted:

I feel like I'm getting unfairly screwed here. All we get is the hosed up, lovely parts of Shadowrun with corporations becoming their own government and writing more profitable laws that countries have to follow. I want a dragon for president dammit, not binding arbitration that can be boiled down to "gently caress you, got mine....and now yours".

Yes, cyberpunk became reality. But only the bad parts of cyberpunk.

• Locked thread