Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Suppose Boehner steps down and the GOP and/or House are so split nobody gets elected Speaker. What happens?

Elections continue until one side can stop the other from elected. After three exchanges, they can no longer go for field goals and need to get a majority of birth password.

E: both parties but that is way too good to go back and edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SgtScruffy posted:

What if Obama, after leaving office, declares his one Post-Presidency Focus is to end gun violence, and then he becomes the head of the Brady Campaign? I feel like with his campaigning and fundraising and organizational ability, he'd actually be able to get some poo poo done.

After all the OBUMMER TAKIN ARE GUNS chat, nothing would give me more delight than seeing him successfully take people's guns. :getin:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Epic High Five posted:

Nicholas Cage writes on the constitution

Why isn't Nick Cage the guy who gets paid to write amendments, that's the real scandal here

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Teflon Don posted:

There is literally nothing wrong with Popeye's

Strange way to spell Bojangles but

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

PostNouveau posted:

-He was once a Jewish Democrat, and then convered to Mormonismas an adult ala Glenn Beck

Mormonismas is the worst holiday, you have to leave out like a glass of water and some butter sandwiches for Mitt Romney

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Crowsbeak posted:

It really makes me start to think that Athens had the right idea with ostrakismos, but expand it to include confistation of 90% of all assets.

If we're going to go full Athens it's going to require putting ostracism to a popular vote and I really really really don't trust the American voting populace with that power.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Today, on twitter:

Chuck Grassley's Wide Stance

joementum lives, forgets how twitter works

I maintain the reason Joe's been absent for so long is he drank himself into a stupor to avoid coming to grips with the fact that Donald Trump is going to win the Republican nomination.

On that note, pass the scotch.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Radish posted:

When you have a hammer everything looks like a nail. When you have a bicycle mounted holster every unaccompanied dog looks like crazed hell beast.

TFR has angered Pet Island. This will be the impetus to finally enact gun control.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Azathoth256 posted:

Is that source Karl Rove?

Hold on, we're getting word that it isn't

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sardine Wit posted:

Where there's a will there's a way

Why is that clown debating Hanover Fiste? Does he have no clue what he can do when sufficiently annoyed? :ohdear:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Yeah, it would be like making GBS threads your pants as your end-zone celebration.

Please don't compare the House democrats to my Oakland Raiders tia

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zeroisanumber posted:

They'll drag on and issue a nothing report in a few months. Their 11-hour shot at Hillary was the climax of the right wing Benghazi witch hunt and it turned out to be a big nothingburger.

And in fact turned out to be a fantastic opportunity to dunk on the Republicans and get her numbers/narrative back.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

uh oh spaghettios

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

This was a serious problem the writers of the Deus Ex relaunch had to deal with, they talk about it in interviews.

I dunno, Shadowrun is still going strong. Until we finally get that datajack, cyberpunk's still on the menu. :unsmith:

• Locked thread