Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739676&pagenumber=762&perpage=40

Dad chat link. Phone posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
It's amazing that they're creating the totalitarian State they claim to be against. I know it's always projection, but gawdamn.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I'd like to have a dollar for every war crime we've committed. I'd be very rich.

Depends how you price it. If you treat Hiroshima as one war crime you're going to get quite a lot of bang for your buck.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Crain posted:

That too.

But American media taught them that "guns" are the solution to their small penises.

I think that they actually taught the media that. Gun fetishists have existed before America, and certainly before American media. You're blaming the media for reflecting back what society tells it.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
They're as flabbergasted as the rest of us at the blatant replacement of reality with fiction. They've been confronted by the fact that a man they are contractually obligated to pretend is sane and responsible is neither and they have no idea how to communicate that to their audience. The Republicans are deep in the woods, the media is there with them, and the Republicans have just started speaking in tongues.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Hmmmm...

What is it with Republican legislators and having affairs with each other?

They've got the same fetishes. The deep kinks that non-Conservatives would never understand or condone.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Hollismason posted:

What if this was Boehner's plan all along to show the Republicans that they couldn't get their poo poo together to actually elect a Speaker so they better be happy with the one they got and stop loving with him.

Nah, the willingness of the omnicide caucus to leak the affair was a shock. Also, who is he going to convince? The moderates like him, and nobody else cares. Man could hold a pistol to his temple and he'd have 30 people calling for him to pull the trigger.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
It's because he's loving another Representative. He'll end up resigning over it, and presumably she will as well. It was really almost indescribably stupid of them.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Maybe. I'll admit I'm just openly salivating for more chaos and shattered lives in the Republican caucus. They're certainly smart enough to have covered their tracks, but a man can dream.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's nice to see that a black man like Carson is regurgitating the old Neo-Nazi/white supremacist notion that gun control caused the Holocaust. We're really making strides with multiculturalism in this country people.

I cannot wait until we've got white supremacists talking about Yaccub. (If you immediately wanted to tell me I spelled his name wrong then trap sprung mfers.) Had a dude on the subway get highly offended when I told the ending to the story when he was in the middle. I do want to say that I heard the affair stuff from a guy who knows a guy, but it was actually Gawker. Is there a general gooncensus on them, they've always seemed pretty legit to me but if people have something against them besides the format I'd be interested in hearing it.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Riosan posted:

No doubt they would pull the knives out on Saint Reagan himself.

E: Ryan was your VP nominee in 2012, so what the gently caress. What is happening in the House

The omnicide caucus is feeling their oats. Ryan wasn't their VP after all. We are in interesting times, and it is glorious.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Monkey Fracas posted:

Man the worst thing about the current situation is there's really no end in sight.

Equitable redrawing of congressional districts following the census?
Campaign finance reform?
Oh gently caress God Is Real and he smashes the Tortilla Coast restaurant with a meteor while the insurgent deep-red weirdos are in there?

What can end this (highly entertaining) madness?

Americans realizing that conservatism as a concept is deeply broken. So nothing, really.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

DOOP posted:

Is there a House rule against loving or is it just optics of having an affair. (I'm assuming one or both are married)

If two single congresspeople did it, would anyone care/get in trouble/resign?

Two singles would depend on the party and the cant. Your Dems'd be fine, especially if it was outside of work. Repubs'd have to get married sooner rather than later. If it was two dudes or ladies they'd for sure have to get married with a quickness.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
If this is the prophesied split though, then the base divides and the world changes for the better.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Potential BFF posted:

So when do the fine folks seated at the dark table with the Grey Alien and Einstein's brain decide that certain unstable elements need to be "accidentally" poked with prize delivering umbrellas? Being held hostage by stupidity is lame.

They don't exist and being held hostage by stupidity is our natural state. That we're occasionally able to overcome it is to our credit.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

Speaking of fuckin' Chuck, did the floor shitter's insane legal filing get covered here this weekend?

It did not.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Joe shouldn't announce and he should shut his mouth before he shits the rest of the goodwill the base has offered him down his leg.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
There is no reason for him to be revising history and rebuking Clinton if he isn't running. The reason people act like he's going to run is his current actions are even less explicable if he isn't.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Mitt Romney posted:

I think Ryan knows he's not going to get anywhere in Presidential politics and that being Speaker is the most power he'll ever get. I think he desperately wants to be speaker and he also desperately likes being begged to do so.

I suspect he'll slowly decrease his demands and accept whatever he can in order to become speaker.

I think you're mistaken. He's very much a minimal effort maximum reward kind of guy, and W&M is plenty powerful without the danger of actually having to work for a living. Plus, I think he really would rather be with his family than wrangling his caucus. He's a politician with restrained ambitions. Hard as that is to believe, he isn't feigning reluctance.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Silver Nitrate posted:

The same HSUS that is under investigation for raising over a million dollars for Oklahoma animal disaster victims then only giving 100k to people in Oklahoma? Yeah, whatever.

A sudden rain of frogs? A tornado made of dogs? A brief sprinkle of polliwogs?

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

fool_of_sound posted:

Jeb Bush is going to murder/suicide the Donald.

Pretty sure the reverse is why Big D ran in the first place, so it's only fair.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

RevKrule posted:

In what world did the GOP think that a major presidential contender from either party would accept free untested food from just some rando that shows up with it? I mean seriously, would they expect Bush or Rubio or Carson to accept this?

This just smells like an assassination attempt waiting to happen and if I let a staffer just let someone deliver that, they would be fired so loving fast.

Nobody expects poisonous food from political rivals because it's not a viable tactic. The last major attempt to poison people for political gain in America was in Oregon (Rajneeshees) and it didn't work out well. I mean, pretend for a minute that Hillary was poisoned. All the other candidates are vulnerable to the same thing, plus there is no way an election that had that occur is going to be legitimate. Assassination is the work of desperate outsiders, not people who are legitimate candidates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

blunt for century posted:

Years ago I thought that everyone participating in the debate should be required to drink at least enough to blow a .08, for hilarity and accidental honesty.

Not sure what would be done about AA candidates or potential muslim/mormon candidates in this scenario though

Get everyone stoned instead. Hit the joint before you answer the question. Smoking styles and paranoia/lack thereof will tell electorate quite a bit. No vapes, though wizard pipes are allowed.

• Locked thread