Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

This is like reason #101 why you shouldn't loving have classified info on unsecured machines.

This entire scandal really amuses me though because it's always fun watching a rich person laugh off a raft of felonies that would send me to jail for the rest of my life.

Yeah powerful people getting away with serious crimes sucks but what do Patreaus's crimes have to do with Hilary's email server?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Job Truniht posted:

Yeah, you can definitely go through rounds quick. I have no doubts about that, but nobody is going to start a mass shooting at a gun range.

There was a mass shooting at a gun range a couple years ago IIRC.

This shooting is clearly a false flag meant as a warning to him for daring to try and discuss The Truth. :freep:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

pathetic little tramp posted:

New Jeb campaign logo idea:

¯¡_(ツ)_!¯

Holy poo poo. :eyepop:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Rhesus Pieces posted:

That sounds loving disgusting.

Just like Four Loko.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Young Freud posted:

A former student of Francis that is in a same-sex relationship, at that.

It's good to know even the Pope has a Gay Guy Friend though. :buddy:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

You're talking about an entirely different person with that article.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Ran Mad Dog posted:

I mean, the way that image is presented and the items shown brings back fond memories of Columbine, is all.

I don't know what's reminding me of it, but I can barely recall an arrangement nearly exactly like that one years ago that the shooters used to "show off their goods" to the net before they went out and killed a bunch of people. It probably wasn't Columbine though, I have no idea which one because there are so loving many school shootings at this point.

Bitching about that display would be like bitching about a PADI certification ad that includes a mask, flippers, and dive knife in the picture. It's an NRA duffle bag showing a gun and equipment you should be using at the range. Just showing a picture of the bag and nothing else would be half-assed marketing at best.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Rhesus Pieces posted:

lmao

How is Jeb so loving bad at this?

I'm honestly not sure Jeb wants to be president beyond "well my dad did it and my brother did it so I need to or I'm the failure of the family."

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Anyone who says they enjoy working at a prison should probably be executed for the good of humanity.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm sure gaolers who hate their jobs will take much better care of their charges.

They won't be eager to move on to the next prison beatdown when they hate doing so or being around the prisoners, so yeah probably? You'd have to put some effort in to making our prison system worse.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

You assemble a team with a salary cap and the players cost certain amounts based on past performances. It sounds like the people inside were either getting the salary numbers early or flat-out manipulating them so they can assemble their dream teams.

Both sites use the same exact data so betting on the "competitor" site is just as lucrative as betting on the site you work for. It'd be wonderful if this poo poo actually got the dumb fantasy sports gambling loophole closed but it won't.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

Bystander opens fire on a shoplifter in a crowded parking lot in Auburn Hills, MI. Luckily, no one was hurt this time.

This is an excellent example of what concealed carry classes tell you to never, ever do. Also an excellent example of the fact that the public is too idiotic to be trusted with loaded guns.

If/when they find the shoplifter I'd put money on "well they were found because of the damage the bullet did to the car" poo poo to try and make the woman gun a hero instead of a liability.

Dead Reckoning posted:

They're not shaking Toyota down. That whole unit in the Treasury department exists to investigate how terrorist groups fund and supply themselves, and since there isn't a new Japanese car dealership in Raqqa these days, they're asking Toyota to help them figure out how the trucks got from the factory to ISIS territory, like tracing a gun used in a crime.

I'm guessing it'll go something like this:

:911: Hey Toyota how's the investigation going?
:japan: Hi America. As best we can tell it looks like the trucks are procured through Saudi Ar-
:911: Oh uh nevermind...
:gop: BENGHAZI YOU SAY? BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI!!!! CLINTON FOUNDATION! WE NEED AN INVESTIGATION!

Luigi Thirty posted:

http://read.bi/1JQyU1i

That drug that had the 5000% price increase that he said he was going to lower the price of? It's the same price.

I really hope this guy's found face down in a ditch someday.

Talmonis posted:

So what happens if (when), in one of these "Open Carry Campuses" two drunken college hicks draw down on each other over perceived slights? Or worse, the inevitable unarmed black guy being shot for startling one?

If it happens in Texas the black hulking thug supercharged on 'skittles and iced tea' will be shown to have once done something juvenile and as such we can see he was no angel.

...and yet there are people who would unironically argue it to be true. :negative:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Like Jesus said: Shoot the other cheek.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Top Gear's segment on them is pretty great though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWKz7Cthkk

These things are tough as gently caress and it's a shame they aren't made and sold in the US.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I would like to propose the new thread title:

USPOL October, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Gunchat

USPOL October: Gunchat Megathread

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

ComradeCosmobot posted:

The :siren:s are not even ironic at this point.

The sad thing is, Drudge almost certainly can tell it's satire but knows if he posts it as the headline that shitloads of people will mumble it around about her as a negative.

showbiz_liz posted:

No, I read this story, she just has to punch a human in the face on live TV to prove she isn't bound by the Three Laws of Robotics

Clinton vs Romney: The Rock'em Sock'em Robots Debate

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

SquadronROE posted:

So now that McCarthy is out and Paul Ryan is too far to the left, who is left?

Paul Ryan, obviously. :rimshot:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

JonathonSpectre posted:

What in the gently caress was Lincoln Chafee doing there. Have you ever seen someone who's fumble-loving up so bad that you are so embarrassed for them you just want it to be over so you don't have to see them fumble-loving up anymore? That was him every single time he spoke; I was just mumbling "shutupshutp" and wishing he could get off camera and not get called on again. Was he aware there was a debate tonight, or did he get told about it an hour before the cameras came on? :iiam:

:v:"Why did you vote for this awful thing?"
:downs: "Well you know I just got there and my dad died..."

Christ that was painful. I wish Cooper would've just asked him to leave because that was some comically bad excuse-making.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Execute the assholes who come up with this poo poo. Throw them in a few crow cages along with the medication gouging rear end in a top hat and let everyone see them suffer a fraction of the pain they cause others.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

What could they possibly blackmail me with?

OMG YOU TEXTED A DUDE ABOUT MEETING UP TO gently caress!

And then your employer, having been sent all your texts and emails, fires you for reasons definitely not related to the contents of messages that they disliked.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

euphronius posted:

Trump could have his own debate at this point. I'm sure Cruz and Carson would show up.

The RNC is likely terrified of exactly this happening. They'd, at best, be able to tell people who show up that they're being cut out of future RNC debates but that'd backfire horribly for them and they know it. If the debate ran the top 5 it'd be what; Trump, Carson, Fiorina, Rubio, and... Jeb?

You know Trump watched the DNZ debate and saw how it was 90% Clinton/Sanders and wants the RNC debates to be the same instead of the 10 man clusterfucks where nobodies get to take up time he (and Carson and the RNC's current Chosen One(s)) would have instead.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Don't First Kids usually have secret service assigned to them? Not that I'd be surprised to see the secret service let her go to a party (or want to crash the party too) but either way who gives a poo poo?

mdemone posted:

I wonder which chucklefuck will be the first to convince himself that making GBS threads on the President's daughter would be a Good Career Move.

Rush Limbaugh already proved this to be effective back in the 90s. Can't wait for the trash to get spewed about Malia being some drunken harlot or whatever.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

BonoMan posted:

"Bicycle Mounted Holster."

That's like some lovely hipster band name. Also someone has a bicycle mounted holster which just makes me hate life.

I could see that as a viable thing if you're biking on trails a lot out there or down in to the Rockies where "oh hey a grizzly/cougar I guess I should bike away" as your only option means you're dead dead if it decides to follow you and you don't have a lot of open ground to haul rear end across (even then I give the cougar good odds at being able to run you down). Biking through (sub)urban areas not so much.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Radish posted:

In Virginia we recently had a Blue Dog quit his seat in order to allow the Republicans control in exchange for his daughter's judicial spot and I assume some other kickbacks. Blue Dogs are a cancer and I'm glad the Tea Party ate them.

John Roberts sees nothing wrong with that. There's no contract signed in blood therefore it's just coincidence and not bribery or corruption.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Radish posted:

I dunno, Winter Soldier seems like it was a thinly veiled criticism of the NSA and other intelligence agencies that end up doing bad stuff in their mission of absolute control.

There was nothing thinly veiled about Winter Soldier having Captain America trash the US spying on its own citizens while being blind to actual threats.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Bills of Attainder are cool and totally legal. Good job, Texas. :downsbravo:

It's amazing watching racists fall over themselves to tar this kid. "He didn't invent anything" and "he took apart a clock and people act like it's an accomplishment" are some of the nicer comments I see all over the place.

Kro-Bar posted:

I don't think anyone cares, but Jim Webb is thinking about making an independent run.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/jim-webb-mulls-running-independent?cid=sm_tw_msnbc

If Webb pulls a Nader and gives us a GOP President while they still control both chambers of congress there's no punishment known to man that would be harsh enough for him.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Buffer posted:

Seriously though, I think Schumer would choose Bibi over Obama / Sanders / Clinton, mainly because he has, and that's an extremely serious problem if he's going to assume leadership.

There's no shortage of Israel Firsters among the Dems and good loving luck weeding them out, especially more senior members like Chucky.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Peztopiary posted:

Joe shouldn't announce and he should shut his mouth before he shits the rest of the goodwill the base has offered him down his leg.

Most people don't have a dumb cult of Biden view like a bunch of D&D goons do. The only thing Biden would have going for him is "current VP" and Clinton's still got a better shot than Joe "I say stupid poo poo constantly" Biden.

Inglonias posted:

Yeah, but I don't like Fallout, so...

What kind of broken person doesn't like the Fallout games*? :mad:

* we're going to pretend Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel never existed.

JosefStalinator posted:

My uncle's anonymous friend said Joe is still considering running, and may make a change of announcement within 48 hours.

Why would someone at Nintendo be privy to this kind of information?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Hulk Krogan posted:

He's claiming Hitler only wanted to deport the Jews until those wicked Palestinians convinced him he should kill them all instead.

It's especially hosed up when you consider that Bibi and quite a few others in the Israeli government would be completely ok with a Final Solution for the Palestine Problem. Like the only thing that's kept the Palestinians from being exterminated down to the last person is that even the US would turn on Israel if they did so (directly).

Bibi is unironically an Israeli Nazi and I really hate the fact that nomatter who gets elected next year they're going to be chummy as hell with him compared to Obama.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Kill the Cook. :commissar:

Artificer posted:

That lady looks sad. :(

He's "washing" clean pans from the looks of it, and you know any mess he's making he'll leave for someone else to clean up.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I hope Hillary Clinton nominates Sydney Blumenthal to Sec Def or some other cabinet position when she wins.

Chief of staff.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Fried Chicken posted:

Stepping up from Wednesday's record seizure at PP offices, Texas has now subpoenaed the records of planned parenthood patients who donated fetal tissue

Can't they tell Texas to gently caress off with that request since it seems very, very illegal and intended entirely to intimidate and terrorize those patients?

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Well I'm sure it's totally not so that those names can be "accidentally" leaked in some widespread fashion, which would totally be what those goddamn sluts have coming be an unfortunate situation all around.

It's Texas. They'd probably create a searchable database online and authorize it under the Those Dumb Sluts Were Asking For It Protecting Babies Act. There's no loving way the names don't get out if PP turns over the info.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Silver Nitrate posted:

Reptiles: http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/exotic_pets/facts/dangerous-exotic-pets-constrictor-snakes.html?credit=web_id85539248 "Allowing private possession of these dangerous reptiles threatens public safety, environmental health, and the welfare of the animals themselves." "Pythons, boa constrictors, anacondas, and other large snakes should not be kept as pets"

The Everglades are a good reason why most people shouldn't be allowed to own non-intrusive animals. In general people are lazy assholes who ruin things in the name of convenience.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

Holy poo poo. The War on Drugs might actually be working!

So can the feds charge the Arizona and Texas officials with any crimes for ordering these drugs? I'm highly skeptical of people involved being totally in the dark about their illegality.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

Speaking of which, the Catholic Church just ended it's three-week Synod on the family with a minor recommendation that divorced Catholics should be permitted to participate more in the Church. This conclusion falls short of completely accepting divorced couples and tolerating gay marriage, which Francis was hoping for.

Ultimately, though, the conclusion is probably a victory for the Pope given how, within the last few weeks:

- A group of conservative bishops, led by Cardinal Dolan of New York, accused the Pope of manipulating the Church and its functions to meet his interests;

This guy needs to be executed excommunicated because he's the living embodiment of everything people hate about the Catholic Church.

achillesforever6 posted:

I like to think this means a bunch of old white cardinals are going to try to assassinate the pope

Conservatives would be besides themselves with joy if Francis died because they sure as hell aren't going to pick a replacement like him and hate what he's doing. We'd end up with another Palpatine instead (or they'd just make him pope a second time if they can).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Yeah it's pretty obvious Trump tried to expand his businesses in Florida and despite raising money for the Bush's they still cold sholdered him.

edit:

Looking at the family's net worth The Bushes are not the dynastic family I thought they were. For whatever reason I thought they were at least Billionaires. The Kardashians have more money than the Bushes.

That's because they're a political dynasty, not a monetary one.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

She's been giving the best performances of her career to date lately. She has been a lot less stiff and artificial this campaign than she was in the past and presumably now has the benefit of learning from prior campaigning experience.

She just needs to avoid the absurdly blatant and insultingly stupid pandering she did in 2008, like when she'd try to use faux local/regional accents when addressing a crowd and instead came across as goofy.

Three Olives posted:

Except he is saying he doesn't have the votes to pass it even with Democrats. Which is absolutely insane if true.

If it's true it's either because the Dems want to watch it all burn (nope) or because any debt bill has stupid poo poo attached like defunding Planned Parenthood and other things the GOP knows the Democrats see as a total non-starter.

Zeroisanumber posted:

He also likes to say that he wasn't hounded out of his job by Ted Cruz, but we know that's a lie too.

What makes you think Boehner sees Cruz as anything more than a pudgy-faced idiot who doesn't even know how the senate works?

This article was worth suffering through just to see the term Teanderthal. This article is so angry I can feel the hate through my monitor. :allears:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Err why would you cut this kind of deal with terrorists? I don't get it. This is an insanely bad deal.

Also that Carson authoritarianism is a thing of beauty. So what happens when the "extremist" thought is right-wing?

Reminder that the only reason we still have Social Security/Medicare is because when Obama offered to cut and cripple them in the past the fringe of the GOP wanted more.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Ahahahahahahahha. How prophetic.

Can't wait for his supervisor to explain why they arrested the girl for filming it.

Obviously she refused to turn over the video evidence so she had to be arrested for being a dirty snitch resisting arrest.

Fried Chicken posted:

He has to be at the debate in Boulder anyways, so it was clearly just a stunt to give him something to talk about at it

Though can you imagine if he skipped it to be doing his filibuster? Trump opened the last one telling him he shouldn't be there, he could open this one ripping from that

Rand is hosed if Trump decides to go after him for comment. IE: "Why's Rand Paul here? I thought you said you'd be filibustering a spending bill. You have a better shot at success on that stage than this one."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Looking forward to seeing how things go with future Speaker of the House Paul (D) Ryan.

Hollismason posted:

People have been talking about this being the way the Republicans can win back the Presidency but they still have not done this at all.

I almost look forward to seeing the GOP outright steal a state or two due to abusing bullshit systems like Crosscheck. Hopefully it doesn't win them the election though, and someone fucks up hard enough that we get to see some oppressive rear end in a top hat(s) thrown in prison.

Ditocoaf posted:

Wow, that seems like the clearest "gently caress you, HFC" a politician in his position could give. Doesn't he still need their support to get the job?

He doesn't need them if he's taken the suicide route of getting some Dem support for Speaker.

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

I'm sure he'll be back on the job with another department in no time. He's not being punished in any meaningful way, and he won't be. Not in this environment, not in this country.

Other departments won't be able to hire him if the DoJ investigation decides there's something to charge him with. It probably won't, because he's a white cop while the victim is black and female, but it'd be nice to see him face some federal charges for what was excessive force at best and outright assault at worst. "She shouldn't have disrespected him" is such a loving perfect example of what's wrong with law enforcement in this country. Giving someone a hard time doesn't give them justification to beat your rear end in to the ground. If it did you'd probably see the Geek Squad curb stomping people at Best Buy. The only reason the sheriff's firing the guy is because it was caught on tape and he has no possible way to defend the guy's actions. No video? The cop would be at the school working right now.

• Locked thread