Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Fried Chicken posted:

Talk about the guy who is making it a competitive race?

And the man's doing a heck of a job at it too.
He beat Obama's individual donation record and has virtual fundraising parity with Hillary; for now.

Last I heard the national polls had them closing in on each other. Perhaps single digits? Could be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I though number of votes mattered most.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Individual donors seems to me like a pretty reliable count of active voters, likely to participate in the primary process. In addition, No one is saying Bernie is smoking Hillary. But the race is closing and its closer than most people thought it would be. Bernie is achieving more and more milestones, so its getting harder and harder to write him off. That is the summation of my observations.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/10/01/444951689/bernie-sanders-raises-26-million-in-third-quarter-nearly-as-much-as-clinton

Here's an article that says your graph is wrong and he's raised 26 million in the 3rd quarter alone. How is it your graph only has him down at ~16mil

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

It's not my graph and probably because it hasn't been updated. Add $26 million to his graph and add $28 million to the HIllary bar I guess.

Whats up with all the Bernie hasbara in this thread all of a sudden.

So you posted a misleading graph. Why don't you edit your post and delete it?

edit: look i'm editing mine to remind everyone that this guy either didn't do good research or cherry picked a misleading graph.

edit 2: and even though its super easy to change it and remove it, he refuses because he's inherently dishonest!

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Debate and Discussion indeed, gentlemen.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

Being really whiny and super defensive about your candidate doesn't do you, or Sanders, any favors. It just makes you annoying.

Oh right, I'm the bad guy because I casually posted something positive about Bernie in the US politics thread and called someone out for posting misleading information. The chase out has been acknowledged. Dissenting opinions in this thread beware. Glad it only took until page 2.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RuanGacho posted:

This kind of government conspiracy nonsense is only possible because of the huge amount of people who live completely uninvolved with their own governance, 5 minutes in any government building would clue you in that mass conspiracy is impossible.

Except I've seen government buildings on TV and they're loving sweet. Super high tech command center where everyone is dressed incredibly sexily and are all loving slammin' (each other, amiright). There's a ton of glass everywhere and all the doors open automatically and make that cool hissing sound when they open. There's usually an elevated office with frosted glass or something where the head guy stands leering out over everyone while he pontificates on his labyrinthian plans, spinning his spiders web. In season 2 he'll turn out to be a traitor but in season 4 it'll turn out he was just deep under cover. Anyway, those guys have their poo poo together and are up to all kinds of wacky poo poo, how is that not indicative of reality?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Luigi Thirty posted:

For every intelligent person in any military there are 10 people who would have signed up under MOS 1488 Combat Racist.

This is hilarious.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Artificer posted:

People signing up for careers due to a highly unrealistic view of what they think they will be doing in said career, only to realize that they were wrong too late to back out due to financial responsibilities, fear of unemployment or shame, or some other reasons, is hardly rare.

I'm sure there are some intelligence agents who found themselves "forced" into doing acts that they would have been uncomfortable with.

I signed up to be a 35M Human Intelligence Collector in the Army without realizing until after I signed the paper that 90% of that time that means "Interrogator." So now I'm a trained and certified Untied States Army Interrogator. Good times.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Relentlessboredomm posted:

or at this point end it as quickly as possible... Can anyone relay to me a vision for what Afghanistan is supposed to look like when we finally pull out?

We've been at war in Afghanistan for half my life. Its been an insane amount of time.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't see what all the fuss is about. This reminds me of all the hoopla about the "Collateral Murder" video. Sure the Apache pilots murdered a whole bunch of completely innocent people, including children; but, that was a group of military aged males walking around together in a war zone! What did they think would happen!? And then you drive a van up to try to "rescue the victims?" Those people were stupid. Now they're dead, and that's kinda sad, but also totally ok cuz war is hell. These things happen.

What was MSF doing in a war zone anyway? Don't they know its dangerous? Don't they know literally anything goes?

edit: also "D&D debates whether bombing a hospital is a war crime" is a pretty interesting read. Just the idea that they could have been shooting at the right kind of Afghans legitimizes the whole enterprise.

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 7, 2015

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

mlmp08 posted:

At least the US has the decency to admit a bad thing happened and we own the call :smith:

The Tillman's feel the same way. It is good that the US always admits to and owns its mistakes.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

mlmp08 posted:

lol I never said always, I'm not totally stupid.

Nah, I hear you. This whole incident is just a lot more "US military accidentally attacks organization with more credibility than them, are forced to admit mistake" and a lot less "Military comes forth with admission of responsibility."

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

mlmp08 posted:

:ironicat: considering your claim that "the US" knowing about a hospital's location is the same as every US military member knowing where a hospital is.

Every sigo just felt a disturbance in the force.

I feel like soldiers and airmen operating in a given theater should know where some important landmarks are. That is not an unreasonable presumption. Like, "oh hey, just watch out, cuz that's the school, that's town hall, and that's the hospital." Now I understand that with airmen its very different because they probably operate in a number of areas depending on the mission. But the people calling the strike in? They know where their base is, I'm sure they know the location of a few other local landmarks. You don't spend time occupying another country and not become a little familiar with the area.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

QuoProQuid posted:

President Obama is halting the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan.

I know Obama was hesitant to make this decision, but events in Kundunz probably forced his hand. Nonetheless, it is probably more in the U.S.'s interests to maintain a force than the alternative. It won't be politically popular, though.

Literally a forever war. There will never be a "good time" to withdraw. 14 years of war so far and no end in sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Literally The Worst posted:

bernie sanders will not get the nomination, because he's a white supremacist

great name/post combo!

• Locked thread