Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Trabisnikof posted:

There is over 300 million capitalists in America, you can't realistically expect to get rid of capitalism!

We just need a really big wall to line all of them up against

and some guns

really big wall and some guns

Trump is gonna build a really big wall perhaps this is his master plan

Trump/Marx 2016 :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

“We’re all wearing down our knee pads praying he’s the nominee,” Reed says of Grayson.

:raise:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Zwabu posted:

The segment included a number of clips of McCarthy speaking, and there is something WRONG with the guy. He has some kind of weird verbal dyslexia or something where his grammar is all hosed up and he uses inappropriate words, words that don't fit, all the time.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/watch/shock-as-mccarthy-bails-on-speakership-541436483647

Yeah it seems like uhhhhhhh maybe if the job title starts w/ the word Speaker, one important qualification might be the ability to put coherent sentences together. Like not even good sentences that say good things and advocate sane policies that benefit the country, more like what nouns and verbs are and what's up w/ them.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
it doesn't make a lot of sense for lots of reasons i guess but I'd be happy voting for a Clinton/Sanders ticket :unsmith:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

AlternateNu posted:

This is loving baller if true.

ya it's true and he snagged the coveted Hulk endorsement. Not jk :woop:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Lessail posted:

JEB is a fuckboy

Dick on display from winter swimming.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Serious question: is there any reasonable way for America to leave Afghanistan without it being a humanitarian disaster? I mean right now with American support the government can't even hold onto cities, and I assume that if the USA left that all the local kleptocrats would pack up the treasury and flee before the collapse, while everyone else who cooperated gets massacred. But America staying indefinitely is unacceptable too.

What's the best solution? A power-sharing agreement with the Taliban? Trying to merge the country with Pakistan?

No, correct, probably, definitely, definitely.

There is no best solution, the whole thing is an obscene clusterfuck of epic proportion. I say we annex the whole thing. Yeah it's terrible and dumb but so is every loving other thing we do so who cares. There's our stable middle east ally , the 51st state, eat poo poo Guam/Puerto Rico :patriot:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

I agree with his demands.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

MC Nietzche posted:

As demands go his were disappointing. I was really, really hoping before clicking the link that Trump was demanding a higher bar for debate entry.

Trump is negotiating and that was the opening bid on the subject, Cruz and Rubio and Carson will agree to join the Trump debate if there is an agreed upon higher bar for poll #'s to get in :twisted:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

Seriously I'm at the point now where I think it looks like Trump is gonna be the guy. And I was sure that was maximally impossible when he announced. This is so goddamn crazy.

That plus the GOP House situation makes this basically the Biblical end times. How's the ol' Middle East these days?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Trabisnikof posted:

You guys are fools if you think Carson's book tour won't look a lot like campaigning

Is his book about the holocaust?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

paranoid randroid posted:

i both believe malia played beer pong and salute her for being cool despite her major dorklord of a dad trying to, like, destroy her life with his president bullshit. good on you, first teen.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Hollismason posted:

Isn't there a lot of weird misogynistic stuff with the President's office as well? Other than the First Lady thing. It's going to be cool as hell having her as a president.

It's so weird that the office of the Leader of the Global Patriarchy would have sexist or misogynistic trappings!

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
The WBC is right.

About a thing.

How many signs of the apocalypse are we at now?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

In honor of Halloween here's 33 bone-chilling quotes that have called something or other the "beginning of the end" of the Trump campaign.

This is lovely. Nobody has any idea wtf is happening.

fool_of_sound posted:

We're living in a post sanity world.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

OAquinas posted:

Dammit. I was 16 and foolish. :argh:

Well isn't that special.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

for some reason.

katy_perry_elmo_shirt.gif

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

JonathonSpectre posted:

I'm a political junkie that spends hours every day reading about this poo poo and I could not stomach more than half an hour of the fantasy-land fairy-tale horseshit being flung around that stage. I had to turn it off because I felt physically ill. That's not hyperbole, I genuinely felt sick to my stomach at what I was seeing. That anyone takes any of these snake-oil selling hucksters seriously is an unbelievable indictment of the Republican party. None of these lying mediocrities is fit to run a local animal control department, much less the entire United States of America.

DnD is extremely liberal and we like to make fun of the Republican clown show, but Jesus loving Christ it's really really important if we're going to have a two party system to have two parties that are at least loosely based in three-dimensional physical reality and one of them is decidedly not so at the moment. The dangers of politics-as-religion, where everything is based on beliefs regardless of facts and evidence was on full display tonight for two hours and anyone who could sit and watch it has better anger management skills and a much stronger stomach for deliberate dishonesty than I do.

gently caress these people for what they've done to our politics.

same

Have you considered becoming dead inside? It seems to be helping me deal w/ this feeling.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
who is the man reading the huck book while sitting in front of a goon book on msnbc

e: wtf is a jeb lund

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

PupsOfWar posted:

jeb lund had a good line where he noted that trey gowdy is what would happen if dewey crowe from Justified had eschewed blue-collar crime and instead become a failed mathlete

in that moment I realized jeb lund, while looking lame, is cool.

I don't expect things to be cool or good so it is nice to find out about something that is good and also cool, thanks

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Brigadier Sockface posted:

He was an old LF and Helldump Posting Superstar

oh poo poo that's cool

e: sorry about shitposting I just realized this is the d&d thread and not rsf. It's also good. A lot of things about this election are cool and good, what's the deal w/ that?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Macys posted:

No, you don't understand; he's American by birth, but Canadian in soul. Like being gay or transgender, but for nationalities.

The PC police will get on me for this but I don't think America is ready for its first Maple-American president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

SumYungGui posted:

I want a dragon for president dammit,

• irrational desire to hoard gold, literally has gilded skyscraper tower lairs
  • collects young wives like he's the motherfuckin Ice King
  • breathes rhetorical fire
  • literally bringing about ragnarok b/c he feels like it
  • Sir Marco, armed with the legendary Sword of Chang, is still about to be melted into a lump of charcoal by his wrath

vote for the midgard serpent himself, Donald Jormungand Trump

crazy cloud fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 31, 2015

• Locked thread