Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

This actually sort of my fear. The county has moved left in a lot of ways and she could still stay stuck in the 90s due to a sort of political Stockholm syndrome.

I have a feeling that Hillarly is more left of Bill but is afraid of alienating people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

greatn posted:

They should make Lincoln Chafee speaker.

He's have to read bills though.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

oh my god

is trump throwing the gloves off finally? he's throwing haymaker after haymaker today

It's weird because Trump has some really interesting moments of political insight.

It's just wrapped inside, you know, all of his Trumpiness.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

They arrested a guy in South Carolina for heroin trafficking. you'll never believe what they found when they got to his property.

:stare:

Logistically, how can one person use all those guns?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Also, the Medciare Part B going up was for 30 percent of Part B participants because there was no COLA adjustment this year. If there is COLA incrase, then the premiums are taken from the COLA but because there is no inflation, in trigger an increase.

This was from a law from 2005 I think.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

One major problem is that the COLA depends on CPI-w was a measure of inflation and that doesn't in any way reflect how retirees actually spend (most glaringly only 6.15% of the index is healthcare related, and 19.4% is transport).

I agree with you but to put that at the feet of Pres. Obama is silly.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Aerox posted:

A couple hours ago someone leaked a giant ~100 slide internal Bush campaign Powerpoint presentation to US News outlining goals, strategies, and data. Internal polling data, ad strategy, vote goals -- really interesting stuff and I'm sure he's livid it got leaked.

I haven't had time to dig through the whole thing yet but there's good stuff in it.

As someone who has done this for a years, they have some good stuff in there but:

1) There is a lot of DON'T PANIC! going on in there which means they are hearing from not only donors but long time grassroots supporters.
2) I don't know why they are obsessing over Trump's quote on GWB. My general feeling is that this won't be an election on national security and quite frankly they are taking the wrong lesson away from that line of attack. The more they dwell on it the more it's a story.
3) They are clearly worried about Rubio.
4) Jeb is still not polling well in key states and is 3 or 4 candidates behind, so their net favorability and 2nd choice means nothing really.

Anyways, that's my thought.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

evilweasel posted:

Yeah "look, once you add up first and second choice voters in New Hampshire...we're still getting shithoused by Trump and Carson and it's not even close, but we beat a bunch of other no-hopers!"

What;s even worse for those numbers? Huckabee's votes will (most likely) go to Carson, Rand Paul's probably go to Trump. Bush's natural 2nd and 3rd choicers are Christie, Kaisaich, and Rubio. So numerically speaking it doesn't look good.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

evilweasel posted:

i did it i did it i did it

i found the single most pathetic slide on there

that might be a typo but i choose to believe that jeb can barely beat Clinton even among republican voters

That's actually really weird results if it was republicans because they basically all say, yah clinton has the expierence and cares about me on some level. I just don't trust her. And if that's the case, Bush is fuuuuuucked in a general.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Riosan posted:

This is almost word for word what I've gotten from everybody I've talked to, D or R. She's got the resume, funding, and name recognition, but she's disingenuous and untrustworthy. Then you get the people like my mom who still hate her and Bill for the Lewinsky scandal.

I'll never understand it.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

Ok, this is pretty hard for Jeb! to survive? right?

He is banking on more people paying attention after the new year and that will somehow launch his campaign. Or that Carson and Trump will flame out because of the, you know, insanity. However, JEB! still needs to articulate some sort of reason he is running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Aurubin posted:

What would drive Webb to do that? Pettiness? An overriding desire for unrestricted military adventures? Or is it simply bluster?

He was polling at 1 percent in the Democratic primary, he won't have any effect on the election.

• Locked thread