Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

ndiana GOP’s House Leader resigns after texting sexually explicit video of himself cheating on wife to everyone on his “Contacts” list

http://www.salon.com/2015/09/30/ind...dium=socialflow

It's always nice to have a hearty laugh with my morning cup of coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

this_is_hard posted:

In some fields, government jobs not only pay better but offer way better benefits and hours. You're less likely to get a 6 figure government job, but more likely to get a $15-25 an hour one with benefits that FAR outstrip what you'll get in the private sector. Government jobs are sought after because of the high floor more than anything else. From what I understand, unless you know Assembly or dirt on someone in power, the 6 figure jobs are pretty much nonexistent

the $15-25 an hour jobs all require a college degree, require trolling USAJOBS.gov for months (itself a form of hell), and generally pay a fair wage for extremely competitive jobs. and to top it off, unless you're ex-military you have a slim-to-none chance at even getting an interview nowadays.

it is wholesale myth that public sector workers in the DC are overpaid w/r/t private sector jobs. there's just as many fields where the government "overpays" as there are where the government "underpays," IT/comp sci, and security/defense related to name a few.
[/quote]

I don't have a degree and my government job pays over $20/hour. I filled out the application on the county website, got called for testing, got called for the interview, and got hired.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

this_is_hard posted:

I don't have a degree and my government job pays over $20/hour. I filled out the application on the county website, got called for testing, got called for the interview, and got hired.

a county municipal job is not the same thing as the federal government DC jobs Jeb Bush was referring to, hth.
[/quote]

It is still a government job. If you mean "federal job", then say "federal job".

• Locked thread