Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

edit: oh and the NYTimes has found so little dirt from the Hillary Emails releases that they have started discussing the spam she got:

quote:

But it does raise questions, because the State Department itself has been subjected to relentless attacks from Russian cyberespionage experts.
I like how this writer inadvertently gives a completely justifiable reason for why the Secretary of State should have access to a separate and publicly unknown email server.

Also got to love the "just raising questions!" concern trolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Rhesus Pieces posted:

He actually loving doubled down on it when given a chance to clarify:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJp4WhIASVk

Is he purposely killing his campaign or is he really this stupid?
Haha. I love how he interprets the questioning of his phrase of "stuff happens" to mean that the reporter is unaware that "stuff" can also mean "things".

He should have just committed, and said "poo poo happens". It actually comes off more offensive that he censored himself when making such a dismissive and fatalist statement about people routinely being murdered.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Gravel Gravy posted:

Pretty much this.

Worked this way with almost every candidate 2012 until everyone begrudgingly just accepted Romney.

Except Ron Paul, he was never popular.
The problem this time around is that there is no clear "Romney". If you look at any of the candidates individually, they're all quite easy to dismiss as not really having a shot. But one of them has to win...

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Gravel Gravy posted:

I suppose so.

How I recall it is the media cycle just went candidate to candidate, vetted, and when some scandal was uncovered they moved onto the next one. THey settled on Romney because he had fewer skeletons (that they knew of) in his closet.

Romney was just a vanilla bean in a suit and there are a couple of them in this iteration.
Romney was dominant over the others throughout the summer of 2011, and always polling strongly and number two when the others got to the tops of their roller coaster rides. There is nobody even remotely like that this cycle.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Nolanar posted:

Do primary opponents really end up on the winner's cabinet all that often? Obviously there was Clinton at State under Obama, but she was already really prominent and there had to be an effort to show unity after a pretty contentious primary. Why give away a post to some wet fart just because he managed 0.8% of the vote in Iowa?
Because presidential candidates are often prominent members of the party, and are not usually sitting in Congress? It's always a risk when appointing a representative or senator to the cabinet, because the seat they were holding is then usually subject to a special election, and the other party could potentially get it.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

I'm pleasantly surprised that the police didn't also arrest the husband.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

This is Trey Gowdy's official portrait.

Smart move wearing a tie that shifts focus away from his face.

• Locked thread