Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34397272
well trump actualy went there. I am kinda not surprised.

A true Christian :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Crowsbeak posted:

Time to bring back finish reconstruction.

ftfy

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

zoux posted:

They don't have an article up on it yet, so that's all I know.

If only there was a good guy with a gun on campus...

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/10/breaking-mass-shooting-at-umpqua-college-in-oregon-10-dead-gunfree-zone/

The Stupidest Man On The Internet knows what really caused this tragedy.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Hence his moniker.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Zelder posted:

I want to ban...

every gun

:agreed:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Plenty of gun fetishists probably wouldn't have a problem shoving a rod up their rear end, gonna have to be more creative.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

zoux posted:

Maybe if several thousand people died in a single shooting at NRA headquarters but apart from that, nah.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
How come Kreider hasn't been posted yet?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FourLeaf posted:

CNN now talking about 4chan. Very weird.

Great, now Wolf is going to start using Spider-Man images between his segments.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Lessail posted:

Guns are more important than lives in America

#GunLivesMatter

edit

infraboy posted:

In all these cases of mass shootings there has never really been a law-abiding-good guy that is part of a well-regulated-militia with his own firearm to stop a shooting before/during/after it starts so i'm not super sold on people just needing to carry one all the time as some kind of personal protection. The shooter will always have the element of surprise.

Not all the time.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/texas-good-guy-with-a-gun-shoots-carjacking-victim-in-head-then-runs-away/

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 2, 2015

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

CommieGIR posted:

They did this test in Texas where they setup a scenario simulating a workplace shooting.

Not a one of the concealed carry guys were able to stop him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY3WiO9s

In case you were curious, no you should not read the comments.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I heard the shooter at that college busted in the room and said, "Kept you waiting, huh?" before killing everyone.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/john-hanlin-sandy-hook-truther

In other news, that Sheriff that covers the county yesterday's shooting was in and also sent the letter to Biden is also a Sandy Hook Truther.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 3, 2015

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

JehovahsWetness posted:

Jeb, the might have a bit more punch *if you hadn't signed a pool fence bill as gov* (sponsored by DWS!):

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2000-05-26/news/0005260161_1_pool-safety-new-pools-ibern

This is almost as funny as Jindal's "volcano studies" statement.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

STAC Goat posted:

That's amazing. How is Jeb SO bad at this politics thing?

Dude reeks of an entitled rich kid that's had everything handed to him. His responses to reporters questioning his statements are always so standoffish.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Suppose Boehner steps down and the GOP and/or House are so split nobody gets elected Speaker. What happens?

Speaker Pelosi!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Yeah but so is Trump but he does it in a way that has many people wondering if he's in fact a loving campaign genius.

Trump was never part of the upper class twit club, he's always been new money. The Bush family is very much a part of that world.

That's what makes Trump the perfect weapon to destroy the GOP. He doesn't have the built-in loyalties that all the other rich people do.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Like someone from the Air Force could've helped anyway.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SUPREME_COURT_NEW_TERM

quote:

Abortion, birth control and race are among the most divisive issues the Supreme Court will confront over the next nine months, amid a presidential election campaign in which some candidates are talking pointedly about the justices and the prospect of replacing some of them in the next few years.

The court's lineup already includes, or likely will:

-Regulation of abortion clinics in Texas that could leave large parts of the second-most populous state without any abortion providers.

-Yet another battle over President Barack Obama's health care overhaul, involving the religious rights of faith-affiliated colleges, hospitals and charities and the provision of no-cost birth control to women covered by those groups' health plans.

-Another round from the University of Texas over the consideration of race, among many factors, in college admissions.

-A challenge over drawing electoral districts in Texas that could affect representation of immigrant-heavy urban areas.

-A fight to strip labor unions that represent government workers of their right to collect fees from non-union employees who benefit from the unions' work in collective bargaining.

Cool, I guess next year will look alot like the last few years at SCOTUS.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Could they have chosen a less flattering photo of her? :pwn:

Looks like one of the puppets from Spitting Image.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FlamingLiberal posted:

Because they will do literally anything to ruin Obama. Anything.

I can't wait to see how he's treated after he leaves office. I can totally see the right trying to get the Dems back for how Bush was viewed (not that they haven't been trying to do that for the past seven years).

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

CommanderApaul posted:

She looks like an unpainted Jigsaw mask.

Good call, that was exactly the image I first though of but couldn't remember the source.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
But I can't run a deficit at my house, why should the government be allowed to?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Gyges posted:

*refinances mortgage and car loan while getting a new credit card and bitching about student loans*

Jokes on you, I used all that credit to buy gold :smug:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Hollismason posted:

Wouldn't it be weird if we did have a economic collapse and Bitcoin became alternative fictional currency. Like Bitcoins being seen as a legitimate currency because of economic collapse would be loving weird.

I'd rather kill myself than deal with the level of smug that would emanate from the nerd set if that somehow happened.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mystic_Shadow posted:

It's just one of the pages from the Republican Strategy Handbook; turn your weaknesses into strengths by trying to rewrite the narrative.

This only works if your base actually wants you to win.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Privilege bubble. He honestly thinks he's running a good campaign.

That explains why he seems so put out whenever a reporter questions one of his statements.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Venom Snake posted:

At the end of the day the MSF is still pulling out from the country, so mission accomplished everyone :911:

Of course they are, Skull Face is in Africa now.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

joeburz posted:

lol did this really happen because this owns

We had an issue at Ft. Hood back in the 90's where an artillery lieutenant got his coordinates backwards and ended up shooting a live Howitzer round into a farm outside of the base and killed a few cows. Lets just say that live firing on Hood got a bit more strict after that and I don't think was an officer for much longer.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Why the hell is he even running at this point? He's got nothing to offer in the primary and his own state hates him.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
We can only hope

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/texas-university-campus-carry-shooting-anniversary-charles-whitman

quote:

Twenty-five-year-old Charles Whitman climbed to the top of the clocktower on campus and shot 43 people, killing 13. Texas Monthly's oral history of the afternoon called it the "first mass murder in a public space."

And, as the university's alumni association publication reported Tuesday, the 50th anniversary of his rampage will be the day Texas' campus carry bill goes into effect.

I have a feeling that the gun lobby is trying to rub it in the anti-gun crowd's face at this point. They're just show-boating with timing like this.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

duz posted:

Well it was one of the few times civilians firing back helped improve the situation. Because he was out of range of the handguns the police had and the students had hunting rifles in their vehicles that they went and got to provide a distraction while the police snuck up on the shooter. Kind of the opposite of the point they're making with the open carry movement, but any victory I guess?

I was going to post that scene from Slacker where the old UT professor explains the Whitman shooting, but it's not online :negative:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Trabisnikof posted:

So is TPP passage a done deal due to fast track? Or is it doomed due to Obama!

Yes.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah what we really needed was a *real* black man as president.

One like these guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2tLyqfJd54

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2573731

quote:

During an interview with radio host Sean Hannity Thursday, the former speaker told the host that while he isn’t pining to retake the position he vacated in 1999, he would not be opposed to serving as interim speaker if he had the 218 votes necessary. […]

“Why are you laughing at my idea?” Hannity told Gingrich. “This is a serious proposal.”

“I’m not laughing at it. I’m saying to you — I’m trying to be totally honest with you,” Gingrich told the host. “If you were to say to me 218 have called you up and given you their pledge, obviously no citizen could ever turn down that kind of challenge. This is why George Washington came out of retirement — because there are moments you can’t avoid.”

:newt:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Hooded Reptile posted:

Make bobby jindah the speaker. do it.

That's one way to get rid of the demons in the capitol building.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.chron.com/news/local/article/Man-on-far-North-Side-mistakes-wife-for-intruder-6563251.php

quote:

A man shot his wife to death in their home early Saturday on the far North Side because he thought she was an intruder, according to the San Antonio Police Department. Debora Kelly, 48, was pronounced dead after she was shot after 4 a.m. in the 3500 block of Bent Hollow. North of Loop 1604 near Evans and Bulverde roads. Kelly's husband, whose name has not been released publicly, told police he heard noises coming from the front of the house and saw a flash of light. He thought someone was trying to break into the house, so he got a shotgun and fired one round at the supposed intruder. Police said the man then realized he had shot his wife. Kelly had a gunshot wound to the upper body, according to police. Officers tried to resuscitate her, but emergency medical technicians pronounced her dead on the scene. The man was being interviewed by detectives Saturday morning. He had not been charged as of 9 a.m., but charges could be filed as the investigation proceeds, police said. As of Saturday afternoon, SAPD spokesman officer Douglas Greene said police haven't ruled anything out yet as detectives are still examining the scene. "Our investigators are very particular on preserving the scene to bring together pieces of the puzzle and see if it lines up with the statements of shooter," Greene said.

Another good guy with a gun saves the day!

:patriot:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Hollismason posted:

Before I even clicked I knew that would be Dave Brat.

Brat is such a scumbag. His face alone is reason enough to not trust him, but then he opens his mouth and :gonk:

edit

Of course he has a phd in economics. That explains so much...

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 12, 2015

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Spiffster posted:

Jesus Christ listening to the Freedom Caucus supporters on the diane rehm show was painful. All this show did was confirm all my worries that they are stuck in cyclical logic that will not break and confirmed that they believe another shutdown would be great for the republicans. It got to the point where Diane was egging them on to shut it down. There is no :psyduck: big enough for this cognitive dissonance

"I take offense at being called extreme right wing" :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Armyman25 posted:

You're a "loud pipes save lives" kind've, guy, aren't you?

Oh man, can we please get into a bike safety derail?

• Locked thread