Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Lurdiak posted:

Ok everyone, Ustream is doing that thing again, so the stream will be here again for tonight. You need to register to chat, I'm sorry, it's annoying.

Live in 30!

Yay, I'm on my tablet and if I load Connectcast as a mobile site, I can't access the chat, and if I connect to it as a desktop page, the player won't load. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Jenny Angel posted:

My fiancee's started to tune in to Scream Stream only to watch The Outer Limits, I'm incredibly okay with this

The best thing about The Outer Limits is, if you've forgotten / never watched the episode, guessing what the Horribly Depressing Plot Twist is.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I just want to say that the stream is awesome (why isn't Outer Limits on Netflix, dammit) and I'm mad that I didn't notice this earlier in the month and previous years.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Choco1980 posted:

Natasha Henstridge is used as the physical form for the main computer program in charge of everything and acting as his personal assistant. Then he starts dating her, and she goes all Fatal Attraction on him.

I'm not entirely convinced that that's the appropriate logline. She doesn't go Fatal Attraction on him as much as he treats her like a fling after getting his rocks off.

That episode will always be memorable for me because my first experience with OL was watching the finale to this episode. I vividly recall the confusion I had. "So this guy is crying, then there's a special effect and happy version of the same guy comes out of him? And then we pan out and it's been a wasteland? :wtc:"

As for The Descent, I liked it more than most people in the chat. I guess I understood and integrated what they were trying to do into my opinion more.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Was going fine until the chat lagged out on me, tried reloading, now getting a ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED spitback.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Bug was funny-scary, Conjuring was stupid, and our Outer Limits episode was Tempests, the second-best episode of the whole series, second only to Sandkings. Great to see people reacting to the ending to strongly. :dance:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Frailty: 5/10. Shot fantastically, acted wonderfully, every 'twist' you could see coming a mile away.

You're Next: 7/10 due to blender kill. Unfair review, as I was zoned out during most of the movie playing Burnout Paradise, but Death By Blender ups the numbers.

Outer Limits: 10/10 because it's Sandkings. Can't really review the second episode of OL we watched, as I was on soup-making-for-sick-girlfriend duty.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Oct 25, 2015

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Well, I was planning to nap before the stream and risk missing the first film, guess I have to stay awake to make sure I get there for It Follows. Especially since I passed on getting the BR because of the paucity of special content.

(Oh and I totally rented a DVD of Bug today. It has a commentary. :munch:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
We're now here due to frame-droppage in ustream and connectcast.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Just a heads up for later streams: If Lurd wants to maintain a 2013 movie is a "real vhs just recovered", don't ask when he'll be dropping the gimmick in the chat. He doesn't like it.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 1, 2015

• Locked thread