Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I just got back into magic. Haven't played much since the OG Zendikar. Limited is my jam, but I wanted a budget standard build for pick up games and super casual standard tourney's here. I had a look around at budget standard decks, but I was pretty underwhelmed. Here's what I came up with. Any obvious omissions or dumb deck building choices (apart from it bring an assault formation deck)? I'm pretty rusty at this.

Deck: Untitled Deck

//Main

//creatures
4 Dragon's Eye Savants
4 Jaddi Offshoot
2 Benthic Infiltrator
4 Sidisi's Faithful
4 Tide Drifter
4 Archers' Parapet

//spells
4 Assault Formation
4 Day's Undoing
4 Anticipate
3 Fascination
3 Dispel

//land
4 Yavimaya Coast
9 Island
7 Forest

Display deck statistics

I don't have any fetches. Don't plan to get any fetches. So, manabase is gonna be pretty limited. Is day's undoing too cutesy? That's a lot of dig, lot of gas, and the downside seems less severe for my deck since I'm going to be sitting behind a wall of walls. Dig through time doesn't seems great here, and dig kinda sucks right now in standard from my browse of gatherer. I considered a more spell heavy deck with 4 ofs elusive spellfist and benthic infiltrator with lots of pump, but intuitively that seems pretty inconsistent.

Gareth Gobulcoque fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread