Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
"What should I have in the board for Atarka Red" is a difficult question to answer because its completely different depending on whether they try to play DeMars list (which focuses on pumping guys) or just go wide.

Ultimate Price and Radiant Flames are cards that are good against either version, I think. As bhsman is saying, if Ultimate Price had been a super common card at the tourney I think he would have been in a lot more trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

AlternateNu posted:

Atarka Red is basically the only decent deck that doesn't run one of those three cards.

Trying to put one together that doesn't have Polluted Delta is pretty hard too.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Basically like regular control, except with a little more crushing defeat and a lot more Ulamog.

3 Fathom Feeder
3 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
4 Oblivion Sower
3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

4 Spell Shrivel
4 Complete Disregard
1 Clash of Wills
1 Planar Outburst
2 Hedron Archive
1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
3 Titan's Presence
2 Utter End
3 Ojutai's Command
1 Secure the Wastes

2 Blighted Fen
3 Swamp
4 Polluted Delta
2 Prairie Stream
3 Plains
4 Flooded Strand
1 Sunken Hollow
6 Island

SB:

3 Duress
1 Transgress the Mind
2 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
2 Negate
2 Despise
2 Dispel
3 Languish

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I play more eldrazi than you in my g/w deck and I still don't like titan's presence. You'll find it a dead card more than you like, and if you only have 1 big eldrazi in hand you can't cast it or presence becomes a dead card agan. I'd run either more utter end, silkwrap to help with faster decks more, or quarantine field.

I used to have 4 lol. Its a good to great card if you draw Ulamog in your opening hand, but yeah its a miserable topdeck. I could definitely see going down to 2 and increasing the Clash of Wills instead.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

With 23 sources of exile in your deck I feel like you can probably support some processors. Ulamog's Nullifier or Wasteland Strangler could be good.

Yeah, it was an iteration on a previous deck I was playing around with that was a Silkwrap/Stasis Snare deck that pulled them from the enchantments to enable Nullifier, Blight Herder and Strangler. I felt like that version was too cute, so I took the Processors out but then I was playing around with it last night and was like "there's no loving reason I'm playing all this exile without the Processors" so one of the versions I fiddled with just replaced stuff like Shrivel and some number of the Disregard for actual good cards:

Creatures:

2 Fathom Feeder
3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
4 Oblivion Sower
3 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy

Planeswalker:

1 Ob Nixilis Reignited
1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Spells:

1 Hedron Archive
3 Ojutai's Command
2 Clash of Wills
2 Titan's Presence
2 Complete Disregard
3 Scatter to the Winds
2 Utter End
2 Languish
3 Dig Through Time

Land (26):

5 Island
2 Plains
3 Swamp
2 Prairie Stream
2 Sunken Hollow
4 Polluted Delta
4 Flooded Strand
2 Blighted Fen
2 Shambling Vent

Sideboard:

3 Duress
1 Transgress the Mind
1 Secure the Wastes
1 Negate
2 Dispel
1 Languish
2 Despise
2 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
1 Planar Outburst
1 Quarantine Field

I will say this version has proven to be far better, and getting a control mirror is pretty awesome with both Ulamog and Oblivion Sower. Sower in particular can get loving ridiculous amounts of mana in a mirror with opponents delving lands. The matchup would probably be awful against go-wide aggro but so far everyone is very much on the "out of nowhere combo win," which is fairly easy to 2 or even 3 for 1.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 29, 2015

• Locked thread