Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
It only took 10+ years, but CBS finally figured out how to interrupt the local broadcast with a scrolling weather warning without reverting the picture to grainy standard definition

Another #firstworldproblem solved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

haljordan posted:

Do you get the annoying siren sound and the fake female computer voice telling you "IT'S GONNA RAIN!!!!!!" every thirty seconds? loving weather.
The siren probably broke since it has been raining 5 straight days with 3 more on deck. I think we will have a foot of rain in 7 days when it is all over.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Holy crap, kickoff 10 minutes BEFORE the scheduled time on NFL.com .

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
drat how did Flacco hold on to that? (edit oh he didn't)

Athanatos posted:

What would it take to kill TNF?
Not watching it I guess. I usually don't but for some reason I tuned in tonight.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Goddamn these guys never stop talking. Do they get paid by the word? I guess I'm not double screening games so it is more noticeable, but good lord, let some silence in fellas

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
If Hardees would do breakfast all day it would be the greatest thing to happen to fast food since god invented Cook Out

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

NickRoweFillea posted:

I want a Cook Out in west Tennessee so bad
I can walk to one in under 10 minutes or drive to it without even hitting a stop light.

Piggles posted:

I'm not one for fast food but I've yet to find a decent breakfast fast food.
If they have a Hardees where you live go there. Jerry Richardson deserves to own the Panthers based on those biscuits alone.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

haljordan posted:

I read once that 1 out of every 5 beers sold in the U.S. is a bud light. That makes me a sad panda
I got a 12 pack in my fridge :) Call me a proletariat all you want, I like it.

WTF are these announcers talking about? Don't let it get to third down because then Flacco will throw? If they don't convert he will throw it anyway you dumbski

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
How many Thursday Night Football games have been good? Does it average to 2 a year?

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

axeil posted:

More like 2 ever. I can't even think of one off the top of my head.

I tired to google to check. There are slideshows all over the place for "worst thursday night football games" but I did not see a single one for good ones. I guess Bleacher Report can't make a 25 page slideshow when there is only 3 total examples.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Jerome Bettis is one of the best examples ever of "play for popular team/be friendly to the media" getting you more respect than you deserve.

Some dumbass playcalls on both sides. That Ravens touchdown was a bad call that worked out and that Brown play just now....good job boys

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
If Brown doesn't run forward soon we might have to remake

HEY DEVIN

--------------->

edit

goddamnit how can I not find this on google image search

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Yep, players love the Pittsburgh turf Jim :rolleyes:

edit

whoops nevermind, thought the ref made him slow up more

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I could have advanced the ball 8 yards off that punt. Then I would fumble as soon as someone touched me, but I can run forward first.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
How has Steve Smith not been arrested like 25 times for random assaults and stuff? You didn't hold the door for me? *BAM*

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Petite Dinklage posted:

There's a gas station near work I stop at sometimes and there are two guys who are always there (at different times) buying 15 lottery tickets at a time and scratching them off at the counter
There is a guy who just looks like a degenerate gambler I almost always see at the store near me. Every time he is sitting in his busted Crown Vic scratching a ticket or in the store buying one. I go there three times a week and he is there at least once.

Being a degenerate craps player in AC or Vegas is one thing, but a degenerate scratch lotto ticket in a random city is weak

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Petite Dinklage posted:

Like buying sports tickets and then just sleeping through the game and checking the score on your phone after you wake up

This story from the Grantland article about sports score phone lines is awesome

quote:

La Greca recalls getting a call one afternoon from a man claiming to be in a limo heading toward Atlantic City. He stayed on the phone for three hours while La Greca gave him the blow-by-blow of an entire Cubs-Astros game. La Greca remembers wondering, How much does he have on this game that he’s spending three hours on the phone at 99 cents a minute?

No crutches on the sidelines....god I hate the Steelers :rolleyes:

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

my favorite thing ive bet on is me and a couple other dudes at a house party drafting people based on who was most likely to vomit first. made a cool three bills
Here is the best bet we ever did. You know how they let autistic kids play at halftime of basketball games sometimes. We bet on the game and we're up cheering and screaming the entire time, sweating the poo poo out of it. The team I backed had this girl who was like Moses Malone in her prime down low, she killed his team. Probably had 6 points and 10 boards in 10 minutes.

The looks we go, oh my god, if hell exists we are heading straight there for this alone. It was worth it though, I never had so much fun for a halftime show. I highly recommend doing it next time you have a halftime show like this.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
That TD was 50% Mike Vick gunning for road grader of the week. Great block.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Loooool you goddamn lunatic hahah
We still bet on the autistic games when they happen, but it will never top the first time. My friend was standing up there screaming TEN IS KILLING EM, LOOK AT HER!!! COME ON REF...

yep he yelled at the refs during the special olympics halftime show.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

axeil posted:

Wanna hang out with your friend.

Do you actually watch the special Olympics and bet on it now?
No, only when it is the halftime show at a game we are at. Although if we stumbled on a special olympics game on TV we'd probably bet on it.

If you do it you gotta be way into it though. Just pray no coworkers see you hah.

I love when announcers say a QB has to get rid of it even when the defender has a 6 lane highway straight to him and the QB has like .33 seconds to do something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
WTF how did the announcers not see that was tipped before the replay?

• Locked thread