Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

RoboKy I will never forgive you.

Not for missing the bone charm but for what you did to my Covert Action LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The Outsider never fails to disappoint. :allears:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

CirclMastr posted:

RoboKy I will never forgive you.

Not for missing the bone charm but for what you did to my Covert Action LP.

Everyone should watch the Covert Action LP especially now I've ruined it.

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Posted mostly as a reaction to the big fight halfways(?) into the video were you only used your sword.

I was trying to build up adrenaline so I could show off more of the angry kills. That was pretty much it!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I love how nonchalantly the Outsider just moved when Daud was quite clearly trying to ignore him.

That's not a bug, that's very obviously in character for the Outsider.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Oxrush Gas Route: Youtube Polsy

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
We present to you, Orv's Murder Concerto. A twelve-minute rendition of brutality, chaos and mercy (killing an old dude is mercy, right)

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Coolguye posted:

Oxrush Gas Route: Youtube Polsy

is it my pc or was that video strangely dark (visually)?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

double nine posted:

is it my pc or was that video strangely dark (visually)?

Combined with the UI I think Orv just has different video settings.

Orv
May 4, 2011

AlphaKretin posted:

Combined with the UI I think Orv just has different video settings.

Yeah I decided instead of resetting the brightness like I have for every other video I'd show what I actually play with the settings at. It looks real good when you're playing it, but it's a bit hard to watch if you don't full screen it in a dark room. Sorry about that. There's also the part where I recorded at a different resolution than my new monitor is playing at. :ssh:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

It's a lot easier to hide your gently caress-ups from yourself when you can't see anything.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

man I always set the brightness for games a bit higher than recommended. gently caress moody atmosphere if I can't see what's going on. (I may also have a really glair-y screen)

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

double nine posted:

man I always set the brightness for games a bit higher than recommended. gently caress moody atmosphere if I can't see what's going on. (I may also have a really glair-y screen)

Likewise. Devs, I appreciate your devotion to atmosphere, but kindly gently caress off if you expect me to squint at everything to make out what's actually happening.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Dareon posted:

Likewise. Devs, I appreciate your devotion to atmosphere, but kindly gently caress off if you expect me to squint at everything to make out what's actually happening.

I had to up the brightness in fuckin' Quake of all games, so it isn't even a new phenomenon.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Low Chaos Finale

Delilah's Masterwork:
Youtube Polsy

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 29, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I liked Corvo's blade trembling in the last scene there. Is there a special game over if you let Delilah go through the ritual unhindered?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The low chaos ending really was "Bond villain gets their comeuppance for being dumb and overconfident" as all hell.

All that was missing was a one-liner from Daud to top it off.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Bruceski posted:

I liked Corvo's blade trembling in the last scene there. Is there a special game over if you let Delilah go through the ritual unhindered?

Yeah, it's a game over, but it's just the usual 'you have met your demise' screen that instead says 'delilah succeeded' or something of that nature. Very boring.

AradoBalanga posted:

The low chaos ending really was "Bond villain gets their comeuppance for being dumb and overconfident" as all hell.

All that was missing was a one-liner from Daud to top it off.
I practically giggled when I realized how hilariously unaware she was of her surroundings.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So what was the painting you use to neutralize Delilah? I never got a look at what she turns into that's worse than death.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

It's a painting of a tower in the void. Not unlike the thing you end up standing on when you enter the painting. The entire thing is pretty meta.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So,what are ya guys moving onto next? Transformers:Devastation? The Godawful Prime game? Battlefleet Gothic Armada? Whatever it is,I'll be watching the poo poo outta it.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Well met, guys! Thanks for LP'ing this awesome game.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

VolticSurge posted:

So,what are ya guys moving onto next? Transformers:Devastation? The Godawful Prime game? Battlefleet Gothic Armada? Whatever it is,I'll be watching the poo poo outta it.
Daud is interested too.

It was going to be :allears: but that wasn't working great and didn't match the scene in the video anyways

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Pearls were, and are, believed to have medicinal properties so eating a bunch of them for Granny Rags's ritual isn't nearly as weird as a lot of the other stuff she has you eat.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Thank you all for watching and following along in the thread! Revisiting Dunwall and trying out a different way of playing the game was a fantastic experience personally and I hope we all entertained you. I also hope Coolguye finished the intermissions sometimes. I might have to join him and co-commentate to get the poor sap through it.

VolticSurge posted:

Fish Noise posted:

Daud is interested too.

It was going to be :allears: but that wasn't working great and didn't match the scene in the video anyways

Considering I have the next LP all but ready to launch outside of letting my rigid autism structure get the op blurb right (first episode is already done, commentated on, encoded and raring to go and the second episode is now ready for editing) I'll drop you all a link in here when it goes up sometime later in the coming week.

So please look forward to Let's Play Thi4f: The Case of the Looping Gonads!

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Orv
May 4, 2011
And I helped!

Thanks everyone for coming out to watch us fumble around and insult each other for a loving year straight.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Fish Noise posted:

Daud is interested too.

I approve of your art and your art direction. I also approve of Coolguye's imagination for setting that scene of glorious bastardry up in the first place.

Orv posted:

And I helped!

Thanks everyone for coming out to watch us fumble around and insult each other for a loving year straight.

It's real hard work to sit down and be entertained for hours on end, but your insults always make it worth it.

Good luck with your next project, guys!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Thanks so much for this amazing LP. The whiff will live on in our hearts forever. :v:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

Daud is interested too.

alright seriously i need to talk to you about what it takes to get you to show up in like, all of our threads

the correlation between you posting and me laughing my rear end off is like 100%

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I'm still wondering how you manage to whiff so much with Time Stop. It's almost an art form in and of itself.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Hurried panic.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I hope you can whiff in whatever game you guys do next.

Because it never gets old.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Whiffguye

Orv
May 4, 2011

SpookyLizard posted:

I hope you can whiff in whatever game you guys do next.

Because it never gets old.

You can, but it's not nearly as satisfying.

Spudd posted:

Whiffguye

Paging Geop, Geop for name change in LP.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Speaking of Coolguye missing things, I PMed him this awesome speedrun to see if it was OK to post here and never got a reply so what the hell.

Dishonored speedruns look loving bonkers.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

AlphaKretin posted:

And then there's Dishonored brutalityruns, which teach you that you can hold up a dismembered torso between a tesla coil and yourself to Crysis Tree Stealth your way past them.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

AlphaKretin posted:

Speaking of Coolguye missing things, I PMed him this awesome speedrun to see if it was OK to post here and never got a reply so what the hell.

yeah sorry about that, you PMed me one day i was working like 15 hours and i forgot to respond at all

you did the right thing by posting it in spite of me, friend :)

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Orv posted:

You can, but it's not nearly as satisfying.

Paging Geop, Geop for name change in LP.

This is disappointing but I'll have to deal with it.

You really need to do a game where coolguy can whiff on elves.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

I like to think speed-running is an alternative moral choice to High and Low chaos runs - Corvo doing what needs to be done in the quickest, simplest way, barely paying attention to the political bullshit going on around him, emotionlessly going from point a to point b to save Emily.

In the next game there ought to be a guard that mentions, with pride, the time Lord Protector Corvo jumped on his head that one time as Corvo was rushing out the prison or along the bridge or something.

Or Corvo doing the clock-punk version of idlely checking his phone during an Outsider speech.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I mean a pocket watch is very steampunk and makes you look like a total douche so I'm sure corvo's got that covered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Wait wait I feel like we are missing something in the thread.... Oh Right.

Coolguye...

Low Chaos Interludes.

That being said another great LP guys I look forward to your next one.

• Locked thread