Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
In it to win it

http://nanowrimo.org/participants/omnikin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I've got a good lead on the meaty bits but plan on spending a day or two in the next week fleshing out the plot. I've never written this many words before so it's kinda terrifying thinking about November

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Nethilia posted:

Back in again.

Been participating since '05 officially. Won every single year since; the year I got laid off ('12) I hit 165k.

I refuse to lose.

http://nanowrimo.org/participants/nethilia

I wasn't sure why your word count in 2012 was notable until I saw the 1, Three+ times the requirement is unreal

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
A paltry 900 on the first day but had a real poo poo day at work and was not in the mood to write anything. I'll accept the nervous start and settle in for the next two days off from work.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
2634 after a morning push with coffee. Should easily be able to stroll to 3.3k tonight which will keep me on the daily average, would love to push to 4k if I can. I'm excited to feel my prep work get fleshed out. I was worried that the ideas and scenes I've planned out would be kinda slim but it's been easy to open them up. Two days in and I feel I've already learned a couple good lessons/techniques for pushing out the more serious material in my head after November is over.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Finished at 5700 last night, added another 500~ this morning before work. Planning on stretching out to 8k later if I can find the will after a long day

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
7753, still tooting ahead of schedule. The subject of my novel is closely linked with some poo poo I've been dealing with since early May so it's been incredibly cathartic as well. I'm just hoping the protagonist's big breakdown scene at the end of Act 2 doesn't gently caress my head up.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Just cracked 10k, which is disappointing considering I was at 9k on Thursday I think. Oh well. Had a rather busy four day stretch with work and family plus I got to catch Spectre in one of those newfangled RPX theaters last night. Maybe I'll throw some sibling revenge twists into the next 40k words. Two days off now, time to catch up

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
11k and taking a break for a few hours. Did about 2k so far this morning, want to double that before the night is out. Then I'll only be 1.5k~ behind with a lot more time to catch up tomorrow. Dream sequences!! Romance!! Intrigue!!

This is loving hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Finished the scene I wanted to wrap up today with, topped 13k. Looking forward to some acceleration for the story tomorrow. I feel like getting into the juicy bits will help the words flow faster than setting up my world.

• Locked thread