Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've found that using Google drive and a Bluetooth keyboard to get my daily word count out of the way in my lunch break works wonders for me. I'm currently ahead, not factoring in today's needed words, which I will get to in a little while.

I love NaNo. I wish I could feel this motivated to write when not participating in this stuff. Now, if only I can keep my head up and my spirits high, since I'm working on the second 50k words of this novel... Can't let the middle bog me down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

magnificent7 posted:

My main character now has a super power.

I had to do something. I can not write another story where main character does nothing but reacts to poo poo. "What? Oh my god! I can't believe that just happened! She said what?"

At least I'm excited about my lovely story again.

Super powers are rad. What super power?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is it just me, or are they not doing anywhere near the amount of emails and cool pep talks as last year? Last year, it was like two or three pep talks or cool emails and site messages a day. This year, one every two days if you're lucky.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
47320, which is actually...

87,203. Heh. Did the first half of the second draft in a failed Camp NaNoWriMo earlier this year, and now am closing in on my projected 95K aimed wordgoal for the second draft. This poo poo pays off.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Validated at 50034, which brings my full novel up to about 90k. I feel like a boss. First successful NaNo since 2013. And, this makes me feel like I made up for my failure attempt at writing this in 2014. This second draft has gone really well, and i wouldn'ta done it without the write everyday mentality of NaNoWriMo. I'm gonna keep on it, and see if I can get this draft done before December ends.

• Locked thread