Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Technically I'm cheating a bit because the novel I'm writing is going to have the first two chapters done before November due to needing them for an assignment for my advanced fiction class, but I'm throwing my hat in with that novel because holy poo poo I need to start making serious progress on it.

http://nanowrimo.org/participants/cascadebeta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
1,200 words done for day one! Already doing better than last year. My novel is a story of a high fantasy arch-typical hero and a modernized fantasy world where a disenfranchised youth discovers the hero's journal and starts being able to perform the magic done by the hero as she reads through the journal.

Wrote a very good bit between my present day protag and her best friend and learned a fair bit about both characters and how they play off each other. It's starting to feel like the makings of an adventuring party, which is a great parallel to the high fantasy part of the story in the past. It's a bit short, but it's a start!

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
2,203 words today and a chapter done, complete with a chase sequence and a bit of magical discovery. This poo poo ain't hard. :v:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

RedTonic posted:

Write now, edit later. Nice title, by the way.

I second both of these sentiments.

My title (A Gambler's Tale) is still a holdover from when my high fantasy protagonist was the main character and had an entirely different magical affinity. I know I need to change it but I have no idea to what. I mean I should probably worry about it after I have it written but ya know.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Left my laptop at home today. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait until I get home from work and totally not want to write or write during my lunch break. Kind of thinking the latter.

• Locked thread