Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

http://nanowrimo.org/participants/tequilajesus

Looking forward to this. Though I must say I'm also looking forward to FYAD's annual thread mocking us, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Juanito posted:

I used the snowflake method to come up with a plot summary, that will help me stay on track, I think.

Basically I started with a one sentence summary, then made a one paragraph summary. Then made a paragraph out of each of the sentences in the original paragraph summary, and just went from there.

Now my summary is 3 pages and 1400 words.

Thank you for this idea. My outline is ballooning outward and it's helping me brainstorm.

Are we trying to organize local meetups or is that a bad idea? :gooncamp:

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

IT BEGINS posted:

Now I remember why I haven't won yet after years of trying - my writing is bad and I still find it very hard to translate the scene as I see it in my head onto the paper.

Same problem here. It's hard to keep powering through when I know the words behind me need editing.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

At 2604 words. It's only 4:00 in Seattle, so I should probably try to at least crank out a few hundred more before the day's end. If I'm not getting ahead on weekends I likely won't make it to 50k. But I need a break.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Argh, internet is out and I like to use Google Docs for writing. Will have to use One Note or whatever lovely program Windows 10 comes with.

e: My outline is online, too. God drat it.

LiterallyATomato fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 3, 2015

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Always something. Last night the Internet went out, tonight my car breaks down on the way home from work. Gonna be a late night if I want to hit my goal.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Things aren't going well. I'm at under 5k words. My car blew up and work has been busy, so I've written next to nothing for days. I'm going to try and catch up today/tomorrow, but I have a feeling I'm not going to make it.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Ok, back on the horse. Wrote several thousand words tonight. Have tomorrow (or today... man it's late,) off, so I plan to do many thousand more. By the time the weekend's through, I should be almost back on track, I think.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Qu Appelle posted:

If it doesn't have to coherent sentences, one could write a script that pulls words from a dictionary library, and prints them out into a file.

I've read worse novels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Ended at 16670. Just over 1/3 of goal.

BUT this was a totally sustainable pace for me, so I think I can do this every month. Should be done with a first draft in another 4 or 5 months, I think. And this is the longest piece I've ever written, so I'm proud.

• Locked thread