Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Im in again! Fourth year going, hoping to be the third year to win. (I only lost last year because I got too busy writing for my day job... Aka publishing super romance on Amazon...)

Also, this year is crazy because I will finally be publishing the thriller I wrote the first year of nano during the middle of the month...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Okay... I'm in too!

http://nanowrimo.org/participants/tgwriter25/novels/falling-867630

Fourth year in a row, and while I didn't remember to valid every year, I'm looking to win for the forth time straight. Going to go out and party tonight, and then be in the coffee shop first thing tomorrow morning to try and get ahead. Weird challenge to myself this year. Doing my first 50k entirely on my iPhone 6s+, with an apple keyboard... Just because why the hell not?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

5,000 words to start off day one. I only put in about three hours all told, and got busy doing other things today. (Grocery shopping, meal planning for the week and cooking for the week building a meditation hut, hanging with friends etc). I'm starting a second book in the series, even though I have about 10,000 words left to write on the first book. Fortunately I outlined the whole trilogy before I started, so I at least know what I'm writing and it works, it's just a little odd. Since I plan on going above the usual 50,000 away, my goal is to get a bit ahead on book two and then go back and finish book one...

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Just under 10,000 now. I'll be there before I stop for the night...

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

15,000. I'm liking my 5,000 a day clip.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

20k currently :eng101: Stoked I'm still keeping up the 5k a day pace. Who knows how long I'll keep lasting at this rate, but if I continue for much longer it looks like I'll be knocking out a couple of first draft books, not just one!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

25K. Halfway there! I'm stoked it's continuing to go this well. Defiantly going to go for at least a 100k this month. Who knows? Maybe even more....

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Am I the only person who feels like showing friends/family is a bad idea when you are not finished?

I'm about to show my family something I wrote for Nano... 4 years ago. It's been rewritten about six times, and I'm properly editing it now.

Looking back, that first 50k are barely the same except... The spine is there. The core mystery and the set up for the rest of the series are there. It's just all the set dressing, and side characters and side plots and other stuff that have been cleaned up in the time since. Give it time. Rewriting is where the magic happens...

But that can't happen till you get those pesky first 50k down on the blank page first.

LionArcher fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Nov 6, 2015

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

looks like I'll be hitting 50k this week sometime... I got slowed down by a twenty four hour bug yesterday, didn't get any writing done at all. If I finish by Friday though, I'll defiantly be shooting for a 100k month. The rest of you who are worried, don't be! You can do it!

If I can spit out a fifty thousand word paranormal romance novel about people who are in coma's which puts them in purgatory trying to wake up so they can be with people they love and there are fallen angles and wraths and demons and poo poo, so can you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

hit 55,000 for the month, far less than I thought but at least I won. Turns out a flu for a week will really slow your ahead of sched process. Congrats to all and good luck for those who are trying to beat the hour of midnight!

• Locked thread