Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.
Well. It's been a few years since I attempted this, but I just realized that my very first NaNo was ten years ago so maybe it's a good time to give it a shot :shobon:

I was sixteen years old, learned of its existence on Livejournal about five days in, sat down and farted out something wretched and cranked out word #50,000 at about 23:58 on November 30. Pretty sure I cheated like hell, too.

Ah, what the hell. Let's do this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.
I have kind of a vague idea of what I might do maybe, as well as the three main characters for the ~adventure~.

Which is better than most years.

I've done a lot of writing stuff since my last Nanowrimo, and have cranked out upwards of 3-4k words per day sometimes, so I'm feeling cautiously optimistic. Of course, I wasn't employed or doing school things at the time, but I'm just going to ignore that because reality is for quitters.

Sidenote: I really wish we could change our usernames on the Nanowrimo website. I would pay real dollars for the privilege of taking away the stupid username I made as a teenager.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

What the hell is it about Nanowrimo?
Earlier this year I sat down without an idea and crapped out a dumb (and boring) story that got to 25,000 words in about a week. Right now I'm at exactly 1,685 and struggling.
This is what happens when I make a plan, see. I write out the plot points way too quickly and run out of story before I hit 5,000 words. I haven't even gotten to the adventure part yet (a group of young adults trying to escape post-apocalyptic Canada before President Trump erects a wall between the Canada-US border) and I'm already bored. :qqsay:

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

A new character that I did not plan happened in my story. My main character was supposed to be a ~lone wolf~ until later on, but suddenly she has A Best Friend right from the beginning. She's getting her very own character development arc and is going to become a better person and be all strong and stuff.
She's gonna die :toot:

• Locked thread