Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
In again for 2015. I'll save my toxx for the LW November topic, though. Write more words, goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Oh yeah. My Nano username is the same as my SA username, so let's be ~pals.~

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
I've got a very loose outline at this point. Haven't decided all of the central actors yet. So basically I have a beginning and an ending, but I'm still in ???? mode about the middle.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Tiger posted:

Just the same escalating situation for the entire book.

Check out The Road sometime.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Bacon Terrorist posted:

1465 words total for The Wages of Tin and I'm slowly coming round to the whole 'ditch the inner editor and just churn it out regardless of quality' mindset.

Write now, edit later. Nice title, by the way.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah, tense slip is something I struggle with when I'm trying to spit out loads of words in only a little time. It's hard to not go back and fix it as soon as I notice the error. (But hey, the gently caress up will still be there in December. Leave it.)

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Parkour Lewis posted:

I just decided to do something very stupid in my novel, but I am now determined to do it, and am currently thinking of ways to pull it off and it maybe be not quite AS stupid.

Edit: Is there an IRC channel for this on Syn? I joined #NaNoWriMo but no one was there so I registered it if anyone wants to go hang out and talk about bad writing. Can't promise I'll be active there every second but I'll try to check it often as I can.

If you've entered Thunderdome before, there's #thunderdome. Otherwise, you might try #longwalk. It's quiet, but the people who pop in are either trying nanowrimo or have toxxed a certain wordcount for the month.

I fell a bit behind last night. Tonight will probably be the same story. I'm pretty wrecked this morning.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Ah, I'm a day and a half behind now. But I feel pretty recharged after taking a break last night. Pretty sure I'll be able to rock some words this weekend.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

zonohedron posted:

Also, I am behind for the first year ever and I don't know how to deal with it :supaburn:

The power is within you.

Write more.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

TequilaJesus posted:

Things aren't going well. I'm at under 5k words. My car blew up and work has been busy, so I've written next to nothing for days. I'm going to try and catch up today/tomorrow, but I have a feeling I'm not going to make it.

You'll be fine. Even if you had 0 words, you could still do it. Don't panic. Just write.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

cash crab posted:

:) I didn't write for four days and I still managed to get back to a 1400 a day average. You can do it.

I'm doing the same. It's not a deep hole.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
One tip for Scrivener that I think some people miss -- there is a project-level find and replace function! You don't have to go scene by scene.

You can also add project level notes and scene level notes.

Tags I'm still up in the air on. I haven't figured out the best way to utilize them.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

magnificent7 posted:

I've got a long night ahead of me. I'm at 20,137 after skipping a few too many chances to write. I doubt I'll get up to 27K tonight, but I'm hoping to cut the gap in half, and pick up the difference tomorrow. Because I'm just that methodical after the fact.

Eyy we're at about the same point.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

magnificent7 posted:

The biggest obstacle? "Imma get online for just a sec to update my word count hey what's up on FB/SA"

HOURS LOST.

Pretty much!

This is stupid, but the thing that has been helping me catch up is writing (well, typing) with my eyes closed or while looking away from the screen. Obviously you have to be comfortable with touch-typing for this to be useful. I'm too self-conscious to do dictation, so this has helped improve my speed.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Had a word war against Ravenkult and Angel Opportunity. Two 2.5-hour stings broken by a half hour break. It was pretty awesome. We all hit 8k. I'm back on track for the month at just over 35k.

:woop:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
100,000 words per day seems, uh, unlikely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Done at last!

• Locked thread