Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

I completely loving forgot that NanoWrimo existed until about 4 hours ago so I jumped in headfirst with no plan and no thought for how I'll manage the remainder of the semester at school on top of a 50k word goal. But hey, I did it once before so maybe it'll work out again!

It's 10 minutes to midnight and I got in 2500 words in those 4 hours. Not a bad start, but I already feel like I'm going to be far behind by the time week 1 is over.

e: Profile, in case anyone wants to buddy up: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/panda_hero/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Skipping the last two nanos means there's been plenty of time for the inner editor who tells me I'm terrible at writing to resurface. (Not that it's wrong :v:) I wrote 2000 words around 2 AM this morning bringing me up to 6k, but I'm having a hard time breaking out of perfectionism and "this isn't as good as it could be" and letting it actively bother me.

I'll try and write more by the end of the night, but I have a feeling it's just gonna get worse.

• Locked thread