Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its no big deal
Apr 19, 2015
I had a few ideas for the month of October. Threw them out November 1st and did a quick outline that day. Wrote over 3,000 words today to get basically caught up at 8,000 total.

This is my first time attempting NaNo and my first dedicated effort to writing a novel/novella. The motivation is great so far. Hoping to get ahead for when I inevitably lose inspiration. Great fun spewing poo poo into my iPad though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its no big deal
Apr 19, 2015

RainbowCake posted:

A new character that I did not plan happened in my story. My main character was supposed to be a ~lone wolf~ until later on, but suddenly she has A Best Friend right from the beginning. She's getting her very own character development arc and is going to become a better person and be all strong and stuff.
She's gonna die :toot:

This is similar as to what I've had happen. My original main was a dude living alone. Now it's a young woman living with her little sister and grandmother... And cause I'm lame as hell, it's the zombie apocalypse. Poor Nan. :ohdear:

its no big deal
Apr 19, 2015
I just cranked out just under a thousand words to go over 25K. I'm over the halfway point and it feels great.

Which means no guilt watching The Daily Show. That's how that works right?

E: I made myself stay up after watching and got more lovely words down. Hit 26,700. I keep realizing that to make this "good", I'll need to go back and add in so much more detail and stuff to make plot points stick and feel satisfying. I don't think I'd have this much if it wasn't for NaNo making me say, "It's poo poo and will probably still be poo poo after many revisions. Make more poo poo rather than making this poo poo into slightly different poo poo. You have a (lovely) word count to get to."

its no big deal fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Nov 17, 2015

its no big deal
Apr 19, 2015
I didn't have a novel planned out at all. Decided I'd do it November 1. Came up with an idea November 2. Started writing November 3. November 30 and on my first attempt at NaNo, I've done 50,149. Super, super stoked on having done this. Thought for sure I'd just stop part of the way through.

• Locked thread