Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Weird that you had never seen your own dick.

:iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got 101% in Donkey Kong 64.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I got 101 percent in Jak and Daxter, but that only counts Power Cells. I didn't actually 100 percent it by getting every Precursor Orb.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FactsAreUseless posted:

I got 101 percent in Jak and Daxter, but that only counts Power Cells. I didn't actually 100 percent it by getting every Precursor Orb.

i was pissed when the normal end of the game was like we need all the things collected to open this portal, and then you collect them all and the real ending is the just portal opening

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

i was pissed when the normal end of the game was like we need all the things collected to open this portal, and then you collect them all and the real ending is the just portal opening
It was a real cop-out, but Jak 1 had a ton of production issues because they ran out of time. They only put the Power Cells in the game because they needed to finish it early so were just like "gently caress it, collectathon."

It's also why there's that lovely power cell in the Spider Caves that requires you to use a move the game never tells you exists.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luminous Cow posted:

the only game i ever bothered to 100% was castlevania aria of sorrow. gently caress the mandragora soul

I did this one too, the super fast flying spark things were what pissed me off. I am glad you mentioned it because I can't think of any other games besides mario world that I 100%ed.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This is why Jak 2 is the best game in the series. It has issues, but it's the only one that didn't have a ton of problems in production.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is why Jak 2 is the best game in the series. It has issues, but it's the only one that didn't have a ton of problems in production.

i fuckin hated the fake gta city poo poo and quit the game because of some of it

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh, AvP 1, because every level you beat in challenge mode opens up a bonus level, which are all levels from the alien or predator or marine campaigns but played as one of the other characters, with different objectives or in reverse, which I thought was the coolest thing in the world and still think is pretty cool. Each bonus level you beat in challenge mode unlocks cheat modes. The worst challenge was 20 live marine head bites and I think there are only 22 marines on the whole level.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i think jak 2 is like the first game i just said "gently caress this" and refused to keep playing, instead of like just getting bored or forgetting and playing a new game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

i fuckin hated the fake gta city poo poo and quit the game because of some of it
That's fair, it's definitely not for everyone. The city idea especially was real dumb. The actual missions were mostly great though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Assassin's Creed developer, playing Jak 2: Okay, keep the big empty city and the rear end in a top hat main character, but lose the good platforming and replace it with... yeah, forced stealth sections.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
are the jak and daxter games worth playing

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ArfJason posted:

are the jak and daxter games worth playing
Yes. I am a huge fan.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
also i just remembered i 100%d driver san francisco and id do it again!!! (because they dont reset dares on new game plus)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I remember enjoying the first one but for some reason they went "dark" for the sequels and Daxter would get horny from boobs and instead of being a solid platformer you stole cars and shot gunned police.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

they went "dark" for the sequels and Daxter would get horny from boobs and instead of being a solid platformer you stole cars and shot gunned police.

yikes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Daxter would get horny from boobs

Me as well.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i keep picturing the gay rear end elf main character going niko bellic on some pigs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never seen such a ridiculous turn for a sequel and I wonder why they did it. 3 was like a mad max game, you drove around a desert and it had a lot of so-so car combat.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason posted:

i keep picturing the gay rear end elf main character going niko bellic on some pigs

He has trouble getting horny from boobs, do to being a fruit.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Wormskull posted:

He has trouble getting horny from boobs, do to being a fruit.

boob > rear end sorry if anyone gets offended but its true

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
daxter knows whats up

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I remember enjoying the first one but for some reason they went "dark" for the sequels and Daxter would get horny from boobs and instead of being a solid platformer you stole cars and shot gunned police.
There's a lot of great platforming in 2 and some in 3, but 3 frontloads its worst content: like two-thirds of the first half of the game are vehicle missions or minigames

2's tonal shift is weird but the game is good.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
a really good game that probably isnt worth 100%ing is rayman legends because you'd have to finish the main game content like 5 times before you get the very last skin (a golden teensie)

either that or absolutely kill it at the dailies like i did :cool:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fag and Daxter

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jak 2 and 3 also get points for really committing to and taking seriously an insane nonsense plot.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There was a Daxter platformer for the PSP too that was pretty good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i just 100%'d the mgsv side missions but after mission 45, my heart will never be complete

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

not being able to 100% Spacestation Silicon Valley was hosed up

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think the only game I ever 100%-ed was Far Cry: Blood Dragon, and only because it was insanely short.

I also got all the achievements in Oblivion but only because iirc they were just for the main story and for becoming head of each faction.

One day I hope to do it for a good game, but I lack the attention span.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i have 100% completed a bunch of games because i'm a strong gamer. off the top of my head:

• Dynasty Warriors 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7
  • Samurai Warriors
  • Warriors Orochi 1, 2 & 3
  • Sengoku Basara 3
  • Dark Cloud 1 & 2
  • Beyond Good & Evil
  • Burnout 3: Takedown
  • SSX, SSX Tricky, SSX3, & SSX (2012)
  • Persona 3 & 4
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  • Dragon Quest VIII
  • Muramasa: The Demon Blade

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
as a kid i always thought the snowboarding games were gay because snowboarding seemed gay and tony hawk was better but i saw a vid of ssx are there any on an easily emulatable console

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
and uhhh for another 100% game spelunky, that no gold run was a bitch

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

i hoe this new pc can run p4 cause i think thats what ill do next does pcsx2 handle the ssx well

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i was the opposite.. i never got into tony hawk games because just doing tricks over and over and over in the same small area seemed boring to me. SSX added the racing component that this gamer needed

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
weird thing is that originally tony hawk was to be all downhill stages where you had to find good lines to trick on then at the end there was a couple pools to play the last 30 seconds on but that only remained on a couple stages

which reminds me i 100%d every tony hawk with every character

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
not post 4 because gently caress stupid drive on car minigames with bam margera!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

ArfJason posted:

i hoe this new pc can run p4 cause i think thats what ill do next does pcsx2 handle the ssx well

if you have an intel processor you're pretty much good to go on persona 4 now

• Locked thread