Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

How well optimized is Vermintide? I have a GTX 745 which is a poo poo card but I plan on upgrading in the next month or so should I hold off until I have a new card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Betas haven't run great, but they're getting better.

You could always just buy it and refund it if it runs like poo poo.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
Or buy it and play on 1024x738 and then get to see actual nice graphics when you get a new card.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Another 4GB patch just hit Steam. Maybe they'll put the servers up for a couple hours again?

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
Two brand new missions are up right now. Supply & Demand and Smugglers Run.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

ps am no frog posted:

Two brand new missions are up right now. Supply & Demand and Smugglers Run.

Must be the two missions available for the 14th Beta. Lousy job, not paying me to play video games...

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
New missions are pretty fun! One of them ends with a L4D2 style scavenger hunt.

Also, man, getting the "max targets hit" animation with a charged greatsword swing is the best feeling. So many limbs go flying.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Dezztroy posted:

New missions are pretty fun! One of them ends with a L4D2 style scavenger hunt.

Also, man, getting the "max targets hit" animation with a charged greatsword swing is the best feeling. So many limbs go flying.

The market mission's really great. I wasn't feeling the sewer level at all, probably because it's another drat sewer level.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I never even realized, but the patch a couple days ago added a server browser.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Played with the knight/soldier guy for a bit and I might be better with him than bright wizard or waywatcher. Opted for the sword x shield instead of the hammer. I slaughtered all the skaven

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the shield is actually pretty drat powerful; its charge attack doesnt do much damage, but the knockback plus huge range means you can really lock down a lot of foes.

the ability to just block so long forever doesnt hurt either. you can even block bullets (for a very limited duration)

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

The sewer levels is fairly short all told but I can see it being a huge hassle on higher difficulty levels. There are two hold your ground spots that are in a square room with no real cover except the winch in the middle that starts it all so you get surrounded super fast.

The Market mission is cool and very similar to the L4D2 mall mission with the gas cans.

They have also jncreased the chances of getting loot for the class you are playing from the rolls at the end of the rounds. I didn't get many rare weapons before but there seem to be better effects on them as well as the heal chance or w/e.

Clan rats also feel like they have a smidgen more hp than the beta everyone knew about.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Tiler Kiwi posted:

the shield is actually pretty drat powerful; its charge attack doesnt do much damage, but the knockback plus huge range means you can really lock down a lot of foes.

the ability to just block so long forever doesnt hurt either. you can even block bullets (for a very limited duration)

Stamina gets more important with each difficulty level up. You can get though the lower levels without using block or push if you feel like it. I suspect that at least one shield user will be standard for nightmare and cataclysm runs.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
Strange, I started up the game just now and only have Horn of Magnus available. Did they change something, or is it just me?

Also, where is the server browser?

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

The default key for the server browser is L when you are just in the inn.

Did you beat the horn of magnus after the reset the other day? I think they are locked behind it but I still had progress saved from Saturday or whenever it was that the servers were up unexpectedly.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

They have seem to have the Skaven increased their non-mob states too. Just cleared out a small wave of them and the last one looked at us and turned tail running for another group which was pretty awesome. Typically before this patch they'd only do that if they were found alone for the first time never pulling a "gently caress this" after their fellows were killed

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
Woo, got a blue trinket which gives +50% luck, which I assume affects dice rolls. I hope this current incarnation sticks through to release, as I like getting better dice rolls.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
The loot has to be rigged. The vast majority of the stuff I'm getting is for the dwarf. I've gotten like 10 different hammers.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
Game thinks you should play as the dwarf, why aren't you listening?

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
How's the performance/optimization? I have a lovely rig that can run most things at low levels. I had little problem running Shadow of Mordor. Not looking to run it at max or anything but just in general if it's well-optimized.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Skandranon posted:

Woo, got a blue trinket which gives +50% luck, which I assume affects dice rolls. I hope this current incarnation sticks through to release, as I like getting better dice rolls.

I think that luck influences the items you find in level and skaven spawns. In other words, it make the AI director nicer or meaner. I could be wrong, but I think that is what makes cursed dice cursed, they lower your luck (and thus slightly increase the difficulty) for the rest of the level.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Are there any checkpoints in the middle of levels where you restart if you lose? L4D had 4-5 parts of each campaign so if you lost you were only losing 10 minutes tops, but the campaigns in this seem almost as long as a L4D campaign but with no checkpoints.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Skandranon posted:

Strange, I started up the game just now and only have Horn of Magnus available. Did they change something, or is it just me?

Also, where is the server browser?

For what little of the beta I saw there was a progress wipe. It may not be unreasonable to think that you may need to complete certain missions before unlocking other ones, given there is some semblance of linear story (hence Horn of Magnus having the prologue label).

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Are there any checkpoints in the middle of levels where you restart if you lose? L4D had 4-5 parts of each campaign so if yowoulu lost you were only losing 10 minutes tops, but the campaigns in this seem almost as long as a L4D campaign but with no checkpoints.
Every time my party wiped or bugged out the game would bump us to the start. So no check points as far as I know. Also when you say L4D campaign I assume you mean the full level(or movie as they called it) or just the sections within said movie. Cause the vermintide tide missions(15-25 minutes) are way shorter that a full L4D movie(an hour).

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Off work today do decided to be a bad person and buy a key off g2a. Looking forward to trying it out, I absolutely adored L4D

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Wait, G2A is selling closed beta access keys?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

NeurosisHead posted:

Wait, G2A is selling closed beta access keys?

Yeah, for two euros about

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

I dont know posted:

I think that luck influences the items you find in level and skaven spawns. In other words, it make the AI director nicer or meaner. I could be wrong, but I think that is what makes cursed dice cursed, they lower your luck (and thus slightly increase the difficulty) for the rest of the level.

Huh, that's interesting as well, but not quite as exciting as improving loot. I figured it was for loot dice rolls because the loot game is called "Renalds something" and the trinket mentioned having the luck of "Renald" (replace Renald with the correct spelling of whatever the luck/gambling/theif god is in Warhammer). I guess we'll just have to wait for some more concrete info about traits when things finalize.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Played a few matches, the game literally is Wahammer L4D down to the enemy types huh.

Melee combat is pretty fun if a bit floaty with the lighter weapons, but the guns and grenades feel good. Still, not sure what makes it kinda blah for me. It's fun but it doesn't really seem to have that "desperate struggle" feeling that L4D did. Perhaps I just need to play harder maps

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

So what day does the preorder beta start? All this talk in the thread makes me want to punch rats

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

So what day does the preorder beta start? All this talk in the thread makes me want to punch rats

Friday, I believe

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
Friday 8am EST. Punching rats is fun (or would be, if there was an 'unarmed' weapon, now I want a Fist of the North Star mod)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So this game looks pretty fun. How well would it run on a GTX960m with an i7 5700 2.7ghz processor?

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

So this game looks pretty fun. How well would it run on a GTX960m with an i7 5700 2.7ghz processor?

Probably fine? I have a 4990K and GTX 970, and running on almost everything on high, with no noticeable frame rate issues. 960m should be able to handle it fine if you drop a few settings.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Skandranon posted:

Probably fine? I have a 4990K and GTX 970, and running on almost everything on high, with no noticeable frame rate issues. 960m should be able to handle it fine if you drop a few settings.

Ok, sounds good. It is a mobile card so I was expecting a drop anyways, but this is reassuring.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

How well will a 560 Ti run it

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
According to the release announcement, the minimum required would be a GTC 460.

Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q9500 @ 2.83GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 940
Graphics: GeForce GTX 460 or Radeon HD 5770 /w 1GB VRAM
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 20 GB available space

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/warhammer-end-times-vermintide-pc-release-date-ann/1100-6430865/

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Skandranon posted:

Friday 8am EST. Punching rats is fun (or would be, if there was an 'unarmed' weapon, now I want a Fist of the North Star mod)

Maybe whoever did this one could do it

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
sack rats are the best enemy in the game

MINE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Having Steam crap out when you're minutes away from finishing a mission on Nightmare is the worst.

• Locked thread