Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Tokubetsu posted:

It was loving brutal in those early days. Dropping a hundred hours into the game but only havent parts for 2 guns you use.

No idea what items are gonna be like in this though. My only experience was with a BW staff and it sucked compared to the starting one.

The worst thing was the ten million electric centers that kept dropping to the point where I think they joked about it in the dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Warhammer is kinda ridiculous so I don't see a problem with having whatever characters you want in the group.

Add in a sea guard, dark elf, orc, bretonnian yeoman, lizardman, whatever.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Kanos posted:

This. Blocking clanrats and slaves only eats a single point, or half a shield, while shield bashes cost 2 points, or a full shield. Trying to block a rat ogre or stormvermin will instantly guard crush you regardless of stamina.

One of the interesting things about blocking is that actually blocking normal skaven staggers them as much as shield bashing them. You don't need to hit bash too often to keep them back except if they are flanking you.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

hooman posted:

I've been really surprised by how much success you can have when you play to roles. We had a swarm attack during a set piece on hard, with two of the characters down, just the Solder (myself) and the Elf (pub) remaining. I thought we were pretty boned but we held off the entire swarm and took pretty much no damage through myself sword and boarding, drawing all the attention and taking occasional slashes when I wasn't needing to block and the elf darting in and out slaughtering from behind me.

A good shield guy is a real asset and makes everything go much more smoothly- it's just not the most exciting role.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Honestly this game needs Hoxton. I mean, gently caress it, it's the end times, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Still needs Hoxton- his accent is lore-friendly.

• Locked thread