Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Yo, is Deathmaster Snikch in this game? He's my favorite Skaven ratman.

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Only played on normal (and easy one clear of the first level a few nights ago) so far, but a friend and I grouping with two randos were having a challenging but fun time clearing the 3 levels available in the beta. Game seems less frustrating than L4D/2 ever were, despite potentially losing 15+ minutes of progress on a wipe. Every white or green piece of loot so far has felt hard won and meaningful, and I'm really excited for release.

Hopefully this game gets the sales numbers it deserves and sees more content after release.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Pubbies pickin' up grimoires on hard.

Makin' me real sad getting to the last stage and losing.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Red Mundus posted:

The elf's floofy scarf or whatever confuses my simple brain and I keep thinking he's a rat. I'm not the only one because occasionally after a large battle I've seen my teammates take a swipe at them.

I confuse the dwarf for a rat all the drat time.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Grondoth posted:

Yeah that happened to a bot once. It seems terrifying, the Packmasters are WAY worse than Smokers ever were.

I've found packmasters are crazy because at any given time you only have one or two precision ranged to kill it with, and because when it's dragging someone away, it uses them as a shield for your shots. Very dangerous if they get into an area with corners and stairs and whatnot, they can drag you for ages with your teammates struggling to actually get it in view.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

I want raid levels where we fight special named skaven like Deathmaster Snikch or Throt the Unclean.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

All I get are Waywatcher stuff, and occasionally Witch Hunter. I really like the elf, but I like Kruber too, I just have no good items for him except a mace/board that doesn't have anywhere near as satisfying a playstyle as the 2h mace he starts with.

*plinks away endlessly with trueflight arrows*

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

I want a Lizardman with a polearm and possibly javelins for a ranged option. Make it happen.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Tried a few games to get the hang of mace + shield on my soldier, found it very difficult. Ranged classes are so much easier to manage.

Sucks because I just got a sweet blue hammer + shield for the dwarf... 5% chance on normal hit to restore 5% health, chance to restore ammo to ranged (drakefire pistols) on kill.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Just finished everything through Garden of Morr, and goddamn the new levels are very distinctive and awesome. I love the spooky graveyard full of Mr. Skeltals and all the skulls. This is my submission for Skull of the Week (I missed screenshotting my real favorite but I'll post that next time I go through the level).

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Around elves watch yourselves.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

I just had a pubbie dwarf finish literally the entirety of the barrel event on nightmare horn of magnus solo, and then walk over to where the three dead idiots (myself among them) were waiting to be rescued, an eternity away. Dude was a shield crushing, headshotting, skaven-mutilating machine. He must've taken not a single hit from over 3 swarms, and all he was doing was spamming the charge attack with axe/shield.

He carried me and two pubbies to a 2 tome 1 grimoire victory. What a champion. This post is to you, bud.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

WH40K: Space Marine is probably the answer I'd give if someone asked me "what game would you choose if you could get a high-quality sequel to any game ever, no questions asked?" Game was fun as gently caress.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Drakefire Pistols are what happened when they decided to condense the entire bright wizard class into a secondary item for the dwarf. They're amazing.

(I have an orange quality pair that have a chance to split into two projectiles, -40% spread, and berzerking :getin:)

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 9, 2015

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Everyone here complaining about Horn of Magnus, while I'm trying to convince people to stop playing Man the Ramparts over and over. Yes, it is a fun map and can be done quickly. No, I do not want to play it five times in a row but you're the only people nearby running Nightmare matches, christ.

Thought I was the only one that had encountered this. I like Man the Ramparts a lot, but after the second time completing it with the same group, they wanted to do it AGAIN, and I noped right out of there.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Reinstalled this last weekend and played a few games. Had forgotten how visceral and fun it was. The quest board is a great addition, really ties the room together. Threw down some bucks for Drachenfels, but haven't tried any of its levels yet. I could play Wizard's Tower over and over and over again and not get bored of it. Maybe my favorite level in any videogame.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

attack from shadows!

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Hm. Two trinkets on the bounty board today. 20% heal when using medical supplies on an ally, and 60% reduced globadier damage.

If I have mostly terrible trinkets, which one is better to go for?

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Jeez, I can't remember the last time I actually got an orange or better from a 3 tome 1+ grimoire nightmare run.

Last ten runs like that? Blue. Every single one. gently caress me this is just ridiculous. Only the bottom two items are blue, the rest are almost always orange, and then without fail I roll snake eyes.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Nehru the Damaja posted:

It's a part of the game everyone gets. It's as "base game" as it gets unless you want to do a bunch of gymnastics to say "okay you bought this part that everyone gets for free but not that part that everyone gets for free."

If I buy a cow from Mr. Fatshark, and he's like "oh hey, you could buy this milking machine to get more milk out of Bessie here," and I say "no thanks, Mr. Fatshark," that's the end of our transaction. If he comes along the following day to take some of my milk because I didn't buy the milk machine, there is a problem.

Except that for most people, the quests and contracts DLC was not even a consideration when purchasing the game. It was free content added later.

But really, there's no need to even argue this. People whining about DLC contracts should just buy the DLC. The content is worth it, and if you can't afford a $9 purchase every, what, 6 months? 3 months? However frequently Fatshark releases new content? then you might have bigger problems than occasionally being unable to do key contracts.

Honestly, Fatshark is bizarrely generous with their DLC policy. They don't dare split their playerbase so if the host owns the content everyone can play it. That's nuts.

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 23, 2016

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Lunethex, prior to grouping with you today the highest level player I'd ever seen in game was 472. What the gently caress.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Sometimes when I think I'm decent at this game something really humbling happens, like a Roger, horde, 2 globadiers and packrat all within the first two minutes of a nightmare Supply and Demand run.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

just spray it directly into my mouth, fam

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

All three runs I tried tonight crashed around the halfway point of each map, sweet. Beta~

edit: yep, two more, same poo poo. game is unplayable

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 1, 2018

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Remember to hold block before you start reviving, folks.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

I never cared for the Grudgeraker in the first game. Drakefires were just better in every conceivable way. But in this one it feels like the Grudge has no damage dropoff, unlimited target piercing, and the usual ridiculous damage. I shoot towards a stream of rats and they all die. I don't even want to try Ironbreaker I'm having so much fun with this loving thing.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Third World Reggin posted:

iirc it also has lineman which means monks and berserkers are nothing and it just goes right through stormvermin

I am really enjoying veteran ranger atm

Yup, it plows through armored stuff like a champ. I can actually kill specials at long range because it's so potent and just one or two pellets hitting per shot is enough.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

but I'm worse than any pubbie you could ever get stuck with

I can't tear myself away from Bardin's Ranger subclass, but I will say his active seems like...not great. The smoke doesn't seem to stop them from seeing me, and mostly it just seems like it was designed with a sniper playstyle or something in mind, where you'd be able to just shoot from range for the duration without having to worry about being flanked. But I don't play that way so I just don't end up using it much. I imagine it'll be way better once I've got the talent that turns it into a 20 hp heal, but for now I use it once or twice a game at most.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

A Bug posted:

It will stop them from seeing you, but doesn't stop any that are currently swinging at you. It also doesn't stop you from getting hit if they swing at someone else nearby and you're in the way, such as when reviving someone who's getting wailed on. It will also drop if you move too far since you'll be out of the smoke bomb's range. It also boosts your damage done, so it's real good for popping before emptying as many gruderaker shells as you can into a rat ogre.

It increases your damage? I didn't know that. As for the revive, I think it would be clutch as hell but you can basically guarantee revives with block anyway.

Anyway, I don't mind that the active is a bit clunky for my playstyle. Grudgeraker plus Last Resort feels so good that I'm willing to give up a really impactful active in exchange for this consistently devastating playstyle.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

the grudgeraker is really goddamn good and it's great enough to even make me want to use it now and then even if i'm playing the ironbreaker and don't have the innate boosts to ranged going on. it seems to work kind of like a real shotgun in that it has actually decent power at medium range and i can reliably pop off specials that round the corner if need be.

It's powerful in every possible situation. Hordes, armored enemies, specials, near, far, whatever. Having only two shots is barely a downside unless you're completely surrounded and that doesn't happen all that often.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

Did they nerf Salty's pistol? It feels completely impotent

The sidearm with the rapier does feel pathetic. I headshot a warpfire thrower 6 times and it didn't die. It kept getting staggered, and each time I heard the crit sound I was like "finally, this is the time it'll die." Nope~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

JBP posted:

Wasn't it great before the new patch? I haven't used it but my mate thought it was decent.

I didn't try him before the new patch, so I have no basis for comparison. It still seems to one or two hit fodder but maybe it's got poo poo damage dropoff or something.

edit: Reddit delivers

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 4, 2018

• Locked thread