Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I hope there's an ogre party member at some point. Especially if its a gut mage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Skandranon posted:

Just got a grudgeraker with 90% chance to penetrate, can't wait to try it out in a similar situation.

They should let you write grudges on your bullets in character customization if they don't already.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Been playing a couple rounds as the dwarfo. Holy poo poo this game is fun!

Had what was otherwise a pretty good run go quickly to poo poo when split up for just a second when two packmasters and a gutter runner hit us (and then an invasion started.) This game took no time in punishing us for splitting up.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Kinda funny how much harder the first map is compared to the other two in the beta.

ahahhaa, yeah. My friends and I took all day to beat it on normal, and then when we tried the other two we cleared them on the first run.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I remember saying to some friends in-game that it feels so good to see your axe go straight into a skaven's skull.

Also when I got cornered by a rat ogre at the start of the encounter and managed to kill it (with ally help ofc) with 50% health remaining. That felt badass.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

This is my Profile, btdubs

Hope to play some games w/ goons soon.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Carcer posted:

They somehow need to make an ogre maneater playable.

ogre gut-mage so i can vomit on everyone

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Pierson posted:

That's a cursed die, three tomes and a grimoire, fffffuuuCKKKkkk yoooUUUUuuuu.

Watch as your 3 tome/2 grimoire/2 loot die only gets 2 successes, and your vanilla sewers run nets you an orange.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Coolguye posted:

Going down in this game is way WAY more dangerous than in comparable games too. I would just as soon quaff a potion and not go down.

Yeah. This game gives no fucks about how many gutter runners/packmasters it throws at you, so the longer you stay up the better.

You can still do tactical downs at the like when things are calm (best way to use a potion IMO) but waiting for two downs -> heal is too risky imo.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

as a gimli dorf my strategy with 2H weapons is to use quick attacks often and cleave into hordes of vermin. Block is pretty great if you need to buy some time or if you're fighting a rat ogre but the majority of your defense is going to be in killing targets before they kill you or keeping your distance/dodging.

So yeah it might just be a case of git gud but I might just be the outlier who likes 2h weapons.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Hoooly poo poo I really like the Wizard's Tower map. I really hope there's a lot more of that and Horn of Magnus than Smuggler's Run/Supply and Demand in the game.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Eonwe posted:

i feel like the smuggler level is bad

It isn't as interesting as half of the other available levels, that's for sure.

Inzombiac posted:

While I do like the feeling of, "I'm hosed but I will die with glory" I get frustrated with dying at the end of Horn and no checkpoints.
There have been situations that there was a no-win state for my group. That's not okay. I like all the specials as-is but Hard should not spawn two gunners and an Ogre at the same time. That's bananas.

I've been playing a lot of Hardmode lately and tbqh I don't think the spawns are all that bad. There have been occasions where my buddies and I realized that situation could have gone south super quickly, but I'd prefer a fatalistic setting if it means getting close to the finish line and failing every now and again over getting to the finish line every time.

On an unrelated note, I feel like the devs had a missed opportunity in the Wizard's Tower by not having multiple paths through the M.C. Escher room that have you walk on the walls/ceiling.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Perestroika posted:

Usually, all dice you roll for loot at the end have a 2 in 6 chance to come up with a success. If you manage to bring a tome through to the end, one die each per tome gets upgraded to one that has a 4 in 6 chance of a success. Finding a loot die does the same but upgrades it to 3 in 6, while a grimoire gives you a 6 in 6 chance, i.e. a guaranteed success.

It's actually a 1 in 6 chance to start with, if I remember correctly.

Loot die upgrade a dice to a 2-in-6, cursed loot die a 3-in-6, tomes 4-in-6, and grimoire an automatic success.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Skandranon posted:

There is no 'loot dice', anything that looks like dice that you pick up on the map is a cursed loot die. Base is 2/6

Ah okay. My bad!

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Is it only for ranged attacks? Thank christ, if it was melee then the game would be nigh unplayable. Can imagine going for a sweep over the dwarf's head and aiming a little too low, taking his head off too

They should add an End Times difficulty where this happens.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Panzeh posted:

A good shield guy is a real asset and makes everything go much more smoothly- it's just not the most exciting role.

idk about you but wading through a bunch of stormvermin that are on fire and trying to kill me is pretty drat fun. I feel sorry for the wizards and elves who don't get to have that kind of fun.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I was totally excited to get the grudge-raker. Then I saw it didn't have armor piercing and I went back to my kick-rear end 360noscope dwarf pistol.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Tell me this is a dwarven laser rifle like the moon raker in Goldeneye.

It has the accuracy of one, and it can shoot through 2-3 stormvermin at once!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Gardens of Morr is pretty awesome but have you guys forgotten about the wizard's tower already? loving illusions and M.C. Escher rooms and poo poo.

• Locked thread