Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Dracneir posted:

g4d2*

I'll probably pick it up, everyone should hang out in the Steam group

Goon4Dead shall never die. Considering how much of a shameless L4D ripoff this game is, we might as well use the old group to arrange games for it.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Goon4Dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
This game is fun but good god it has the ugliest loading screens I've seen since 90's playstation titles

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

TacMan posted:

God drat it, just almost finished horn of gondor on hard. One guy fell too far and got incapped from falling, picked him up real quick and got hooked as we went to hop into the hole, then the two last guys got destroyed by two more hook rats so game over in the actual victory elevator.

then we stopped playing so good game design I guess?

Don't care, shot a stormvermin so hard in the face he launched over the rooftops and into low orbit

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I want a mod that replaces the Stormvermin marching chant with this.

Also bolt staff rules; I've got one with a knockback bonus which means I can hold back chumps all day and the fire bolt alternate makes me feel like I'm freaking Zeus.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
My group has run into multiple instances of Gutter Runners pouncing onto players and then levitating them high into the air.

Also Gas Rats deciding that the best place to detonate themselves is in the middle of their own comrades, nowhere near the players. Globadiers are weird.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

TheLastRoboKy posted:

On my wish-list is a Bretonnian pack with a Knight of the Realm/Knight Errant and his Man-At-Arms/Squire as characters. The dialogue between them alone would be worth the price of admission with the whole "Super nobility that has no idea how much of a prick he is and his long suffering but loyal dirt covered largely uneducated helper" interaction.

Also bad french accents.

I would love to see a Bretonnian knight, but I'm struggling to think of ways that the devs could differentiate him from the dwarf/soldier. Maybe instead of weapons he swaps out different kinds of shields that drastically change how he blocks/dodges or how he wields his sword. Then there's the issue with knights being forbidden from using ranged weapons of any kind, but honestly I'd be fine with a knight using a crossbow/bomb as long as he's desperately-shouting for no-one to look at him while he's planting bolts into a minigun rat on a roof.

Also his headgear should always consist of ridiculously-ornate helmets, all of them muffling his voice to the point of being nearly inaudible by everyone else.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
420 hurl fully-charged spears of magical fire at rat ogre faces erryday

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

BadLlama posted:

Does anyone else have problems hitting the glob thrower dude with ranged weapons? I dunno what it is but that dudes hitbox seems wonky and I have the worst time trying to hit him.

He's got a lot of superfluous clothing/equipment hanging off his body, and oftentimes I'll end up pinging shots off his backpack while trying to score a headshot.

Other than that the special rats tend to be real twitchy while pathing towards you, which complicates matters nicely when a packmaster is beelining for someone in the middle of a horde.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Blood Bowl football pads for the soldier please

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
AKA the witch hunter is the most tsundere character in all of Warhammer

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Servers are still down so I say let's speculate on potential future characters. For starters:

Bretonnian Peasant

Protected by an impenetrable field of sack cloth and poor hygiene, the Peasant harasses his enemies to ruin with a deadly combination of panhandling and grotesque deformities brought on by inbreeding.

Primary Weapon: Hoes, Rakes, other farming implements

Ranged Weapon: Crippling poverty, handfuls of human refuse

Headgear options can include different varieties of really gross teeth.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

The graveyard, and by extension the rest of the game, has a very adequate skeleton-to-map-geometry ratio. There is hardly an area in the game that doesn't harbor a shelf-skull or two.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Moor's Garden is hands-down the best map in the game. Here's why:

Skeletons.

Every nook and cranny of this map has been stuffed with bones, or bone-related imagery:

Big bones

Little bones

Even bones that wave hello

Skeletons that tell a story:

High-density skull storage units:

Skull-gates:

Even skele-animals are present, if that floats your boat:

Between this and Undertale, 2015 has proven to be a very good year for skeleton-representation in videogames.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Fatshark need to go hog-wild and just toss in more blatant l4d-style specials to further screw over players with.

Exhibit A, the Charger analogue:

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Preview of the upcoming DLC where Kruber attempts to stop the destruction of the world by taking the fight to the chaos moon itself

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
The Ratogre needs the ability to hurl unwilling clanrats at distant players. Alternatively, have the game occasionally swap out the current ogre for the hilarious-looking Age of Sigmar version with guns for arms.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I will never stop using the bolt staff if only for the sole reason that you become vegeta whenever you quaff a speed potion.

Also holding a burning spear above your head looks really cool, regardless of how much heat you're building

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
The new content is a lot of fun but it really highlights how bad I feel for the slave rats; everytime I see a wave of pinkies pile out of the sewer grates my first reaction is "Oh boy, free heals" as I decapitate five of them in a single swing.

It's like someone wrangled a bunch of larp dorks, gave them lovely spears, and then hurled them into a gladiatorial arena.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

Haven't gotten past wave 7 in Last Stand yet. Not entirely sure how we're supposed to manage 7+ stormvermin but I guess it can be done somehow.

420 akimbo-daggers-in-the-spine erryday

Leading them around the map while slowly chipping away at the horde works well, too.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

RBA Starblade posted:

Wait this game's dev is Fatshark? The Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 guys who formed from the smoking ashes of Grin? Well, that's awesome. I had no idea!

Quiet, or you'll spoil the plot-twist where it turns out that Kruber's family was surgically-implanted into his garish hat the entire time!

Also can we get some grappling-hook-based swinging mechanics shoved into this game somehow

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Kerillian's dual-dagger charge attack is pretty much the only reason I'll pick an elf; I swear it does more damage to stormvermin from behind somehow.

Also Saltpyre's "holy shitman" line will never get old.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Screaming Bell in action IRL

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I want to bring great harm to all anthropomorphic rodents

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Is this how skalm-cure works

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Space Hulk Deathwing, AKA "Vermintide in space" has just hit beta; anyone who preordered can find it buried somewhere in their steam library. Gonna make a thread about it in a couple hours if no-one has already jumped to the task.

(please don't be garbage)

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

So THAT'S what happened to the militia in Horn of Magnus.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Wizard's cock, dual daggers with backstabbery, regrowth, and whatever that trait is that boosts your attack speed is downright game-changing. Couple that with a nice movement speed trinket and a speed potion and suddenly your elven-Kenshiro brutalizing your way through Stormvermin packs.

Also when are we getting new enemies already? I'd love to see something along the lines of rat swarms as an alternate to slaves, warpthrowers added to the mix of special skaven, stormvermin variants, etc...

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
A black weapon tier, attainable only from the very top of the Cataclysm loot table after collecting all the tomes, grims, and replacing one of your weapons with a useless giant foam hand.

(The 4th trait will always be hawkeye, regardless of the weapon)

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

LUMBERFOOTS

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Tiler Kiwi posted:

e:
can you imagine that there are people that dont know rats are adorable

how can they live in this world thinking that its so hosed up

10/10 would push rats into magma chasm at the bottom of a dwarven stronghold

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I hope the rats are nicer this time around

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I'm stuck trying to figure out the worst possible characters for a Vermintide sequel:

-Gnoblar

-A High Elf, but none of the cool ones, just the guy they get to pilot the bird-chariot

-Destitute Brettonnian peasant

-A Sigmarine

-The dead guy stuck in a Black Coach

-Disgruntled Halfling Wife with a rolling pin

-Two Scrunts in a coat

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
The Boston Terrier looks good on paper with how massive it's single-target damage is, but even after the patch the Pomeranian still beats it out on overall DPS.

Wish they'd fix the yipping from looping endlessly, though.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Bogart posted:

Zeno Clash does first-person combat pretty well too, and it has Father-Mother! :D I didn't watch the other characters' review videos, do they all have special skills as well?

Zeno clash is the only game in existence that features first-person suplexes with their grappling mechanic.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
smashing rats

is good

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Bogart posted:

Did y'all play Lead and Gold? That was pretty neat.

I'm still waiting on Bionic-arm mechanics to make their way to Vermintide

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Statutory Ape posted:

just got home

played for 20 min

:)

Got you now, you NDA-violating fucker

The Fatshark kill-teams are en route as we speak

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Just posting to say that launching yourself at a Rot-helm to smack him in the face with a mid-air twin-axe swing and following it up by removing his shins while he's still reeling from the dwarven cannonball never gets old.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Willie Tomg posted:

PSA: Slayer is a reponsibility, and when you burn leap to trigger a chaos patrol on Nightmare or whatever we're calling it now and then immediately get vaporized as Chosen give you the Night At The Roxbury treatment you are in abdication of that responsibility.

Fine, but I reserve the right to leap directly in the path of stranglers and assassins in the vain attempt of looking super cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I enjoy the elf's disparaging banter as it contrasts wonderfully with her panicked dialog when she's incapacitated by specials.

• Locked thread