Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
I've been in the beta since august and just noticed this thread. I can confirm that this game is loving sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

I played on nightmare for the first time tonight and got dual drakefire pistols for the dwarf, which I didn't even know was a thing. It uses no ammo, instead relying on the same overcharge mechanic as the wizard. Left click is fireballs that can be rapidly fired a bunch of times before heating up, right click you charge a massive short range blast with both pistols drawn. It may be my new favorite weapon.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

Tokubetsu posted:

Pubbies can't even do Supply & Demand on normal it's amazing. Even when you take a second to explain what needs to happen at the final part they still find amazing ways to poo poo the bed and not stick together.

It's really, really frustrating when that pubby elf (why is it always an elf?) goes off on his own to get that one farther away sack of grain, gets grabbed and killed despite being told to stay with the group, then proceeds to whine in caps as we all die that we didn't get him up soon enough.

At least he's not getting loot either, I guess.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

Perestroika posted:

Can blue pistols actually one-hit-kill clanrats on Hard and above again (without headshots, that is)? That's really only my one annoyance with the green ones I have now.

Yes, they can.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

What you guys are looking for is nightmare difficulty. That's where the loot is.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

If you stand on the beam that exists for no other reason than to help you throw it onto the one in the middle, you can easily throw it onto the one in the middle. Without jumping.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

Wait a minute...are you guys saying that pubbies...are bad?

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

Some guy I played with said his buddy is level 140+ and still getting greens.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

I had to impugn the honor of 3 pubbies just to get them off that goddamn beam on horn of magnus.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

why not play Kruber at that point :confused: Rapier and a brace all the way.
Presumably because Kruber can't get a crossbow

Also you guys are both half correct. Rapier and crossbow is the way to go.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

The special attack button is also what zooms in your view if you have a ranged weapon with hawk eye or whatever it's called.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

Unzip and Attack posted:

Same question but for the healing on weapons. Does it proc in any noticeable way that a wielder might see it other than the health bar going up?

Yeah, the screen flashes yellow and you go aaaaaaah. That means you've healed.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

There's a tweet about the December 3 DLC, looks like you can craft poo poo using ore at the altar? The picture just shows a sword or a bow icon so maybe you can't choose which weapon exactly you'll get but hopefully you can choose which character at least.
https://twitter.com/VermintideGame/status/668930929897906176

It's possible that the sword and bow could refer to melee and ranged. Perhaps the question mark includes hats and trinkets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

And what does pooping, or not pooping, have to do with gunpowder?

• Locked thread