Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Skandranon posted:

Friday 8am EST. Punching rats is fun (or would be, if there was an 'unarmed' weapon, now I want a Fist of the North Star mod)

Maybe whoever did this one could do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Is that about 14:00 Central Empire of Man Time?

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Not sure if this is the full download, seems like some form of pre-download that's missing files.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

There we go, another ~12 gb to download. Chilling in the Vermintide mumble channel in the meanwhile.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Could be bugs in the non-tested ones though.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Bogarts posted:

Hard is not much harder than normal and gives much better loot.

Filthy lies, standard skaven hits for almost a full block of health and Hard removes like 90% of healing items and potions (including starting kit) :argh:

Then again, normal mode is perfectly good at loving you up if you make mistakes / just spawns a shitload at the wrong time.

The top two difficulties gotta be loving merciless "get hit 3 times by a skaven slave = dead"

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah okay I can see higher level equipment and trinkets helping out a lot, as for differences I've noticed just tonight on Normal you can pretty much *not* go into a building/room-behind-a-door without bumping into some sort of stash of potions, health-kits, ammo bags or bombs (or any combination). On hard we were scampering for stuff like ammunition between the fixed spots and health... well maybe if we were lucky there'd be one potion or health kit in between the event rooms/finale.

The difference is big enough that you could easily have 1 more difficulty mode jammed in between normal and hard (veteran?) with either just the item changes or the skaven buffs of hard.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

If the dlc Ratcatcher character isn't voiced by Charlie Day I'll be disappointed :colbert:

And yeah, playable super hammy Blood dragon / Von Carstein Vampire characters would be amazing :drac:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Oct 18, 2015

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I must drink BLOOD; Just not rat blood. It's disgusting. Here piggy piggy piggy~

In other news, according to steamspy Vermintide is up to 28 000 owners, give or take.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Anyone getting strong X-Com: Apocalypse soundtrack vibes from the Skaven horde music?

A little less industrial and more subdued than X-Com though, thinking mostly of these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Miho2Db2wWM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-XxsJdrZf4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXIWn_aEdJ8

That soundtrack is strangely fitting to the Skaven :iiam:

e: Only a matter of time before these fuckers gets added as an alternative encounter to the Rat Ogre:

(lol chest vulcan)

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Oct 18, 2015

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Azerban posted:

I like the strategy of getting a person to hit the horn and speed potion jump back on the platform you came from, allowing the group to form on the easily defended infinite ammo box a tiny way back.

Time to move up from Hard. :allears:

As we found out yesterday, you can still get hosed up in there, but mostly if the guy fails the jump.

I imagine a poison grenade getting in there would get nasty too.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I keep saying Snatcher for the Pack Master, Hooker Rat is a coming DLC special enemy (:gonk:)

Speaking of enemies, my wishlist!
Clan Skryre representin'
Warpfire-Thrower: Napalm flamethrower dudes with a lasting DoT effect. Big explodey backpack, lots of lightSFX and noise - short-ranged. A deadlier but more fragile Rattling-gunner. Lieks popping up in confined areas.
Warplock Jezzails: Snipers, Warpstone bullets. Very fragile, but likes scampering along roof-tops to snipe at you. Inaccurate first couple of shots with some tell-tale soundeffects, but will start hitting (and hard) after 1-2 shots. Fourth is a headshot for loads of damage. Take cover/Snipe back!
Doomwheel: More like a Rat Ogre counterpart. Big rear end wheel of poo poo coming your way. Big rear end resilient wheel that can crush you, surprisingly fast, and it shoots lightning too. Soft squishy crew inside that can be shot from the sides though.

Clan Pestilen:
Plague Monks: Stormvermin replacement, screams curses at you, goes into frenzy and are pretty drat tough. Melee DoTs. Maybe some sort of interesting curse system where you get hit for the rest of the level by some sort of random limitation? Not armored like Stormvermin, but more of them to make up for it (also attacks faster).
Plague Censer-Bearers: Can back up Plague Monks (randomly sprinkled inside). Wields giant spike-balls of warpstone and poison. Sorta like the gloabadier but for close combat (i.e DoT cloud, hits hard). Fanatical.

Clan Moulder:
Already got most of their signature guys in, but more Rat Ogre variants to spice things up, along with actual Rat swarms and Giant Rats. Can tie people down and swarm them (sorta like assassin, but less pouncy and more "wave of rats coming at you", weak to AoE.

Clan Eshin:
Night Runners: Weaker variants of the Gutter Runner, but without the glowing swords and always come in small packs? Might back up the occasional Gutter Runner. Hits like a Stormvermin, but dies like a slightly beefier Clanrat.

And of course:
Screaming Bell: gently caress this horn thing to summon Skaven Swarms. This bell tolls for thee. Probably an event fight at the end of a level, summons swarms of dudes, rolls around a big plaza. Does wonky effects.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 18, 2015

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Magni posted:

Two of the levels shown earlier during conventions have destroying halfway-finished Doomwheels and a Screaming Bell respectively as set-pieces you need to do to advance the level.

Neato (although I guess they might not actually get those big rear end vehicles to work in engine). Sounds like they are saving some cool poo poo for release.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

President Ark posted:

I think the real problem with them is that they'd be much more limited in where they can spawn - you can have a rat ogre or a stormvermin patrol basically anywhere, but the doomwheel wouldn't make much sense anywhere except wide-open areas like the big plaza after the gate event on Horn of Magnus and the bell's even larger.

Thinking more as an actual boss fight to end a level, not a fight over "almost completed" IKEA set.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Halve Rat Ogre health.

Then toss in another Rat Ogre per encounter :getin:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

dogstile posted:

Someone help me out here.

I have an I5-3670k 3.4GHz
I have 16gb of ram
I have a Geforce GTX 660

This isn't amazing, I know, but their min spec is:

Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q9500 @ 2.83GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 940
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5770 /w 1GB VRAM

Why the gently caress can I not run this without it lagging like crazy on medium (i've not tried low yet)? I even turned down a bunch of the usual suspects when it comes to the settings. The optimisation seems really poor which is a shame, because I like this game a whole bunch and the games I did play with my friends despite the stuttering was fantastic.

I'm suspecting it may be a driver issue with your 660? I know my old 460 started acting up after one driver update or another when Nvidia decided it was getting too long in the tooth or something.
I have a i5-4690K at 3.5ghz, 8gb of RAM and a GTX 770 and it runs pretty much smooth as butter on high with exception for the massive burning body-piles of Skaven at like the Horn of Magnus part (to be expected) :shrug:

e: Also yeah, game still got a bunch of bugs so I expect to see varying performance across similiar computer builds.

Unrelated, but steamspy pegs Vermintide at:
Owners: 39,661 ± 5,324
That's a hefty increase in just a few days.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 19, 2015

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

President Ark posted:

It's faster and has less chances to gently caress up than the other two maps. Sure each completion might give you lower-quality loot, but you might be looking at 2-3x as many completions with a solid group or way more if you factor in wipes and resets.

Doesn't it have a more forgiving loot table too? Like I could swear it got less whites by default...

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Owners: 70,253 ± 6,934

Steadily going up by 10-20k a day before release. Games apparently on average make about 30% of their sales on pre-orders, so this is looking pretty good. Not sure if it's good enough for their budget though.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Also thats roughly 1.7 mil if its just USD. I'd say that is a pretty good chunk of change.

I don't think the developers gets much more than... 25%-40%? of the income after steam-costs, publishers cut, Games Workshop license fees and taxes.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Kanos posted:

^^ Vermintide is self-published by Fatshark.

That's a little more money for them then, and they'll probably run a healthy profit if they sell northwards of 300k. Not sure if they'll get much higher than say, Pillars of Eternity though, at least for the first year. If they got lots of good expanded material and patching this can get pretty big.

Watch L4D3 come out before christmas and tank them :v:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Only concern for Vermintide dlc is that the dev is pretty tiny, so the content stream might be slow. Seems like they want to kick things off with a free DLC though, so we'll see.

Night Goblins would be a pretty perfect enemy addition eventually, but I can see them spending like a year or two just adding more Skaven stuff.

Some sort of Zombie/Undead survival mode for (a) Halloween release almost seems given.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Mordja posted:

I dunno, 50 people isn't that small and they can always bring on contractors.

Didn't someone state that they had expanded to 11 people, from 4?

Someone being Stanley Pain.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I've seen both of those runes on blue weapons.

It seems to basically boil down to number of modifiers?
Green = 1 modifier
Blue = 2 modifiers
Orange = 3 modifiers.

Maybe they also pull from a restricted pool of special weapons and modifiers.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Had a rat Ogre spawn out in the woods, we were flipping out trying to find it but eventually ~ventured forth~ to grab a tome/grimoire, a couple of minutes later we spot it off it off in the distance stuck on a rope-bridge where we could safely shoot it to death because we were right next to an ammo chest.

Unrelated, but we need this gal (or rather, her voice actress) to represent Kislev/Ice Sorcery. That introduction line, drat :allears:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

The blunderbuss is nice to have if everyone else is rocking anti-specials but poor anti-horde kit, and the soldier is stuck with the shield / playing on higher difficulty and you can't get into melee with a bunch of rats? Could use better reload time though.

Did find one with like 40% more accuracy, haven't tested it in combat though.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Vargs posted:

Dunno why you wouldn't just use the repeater for this though. It seems like a way better weapon against the swarm, while still being pretty good against specials.

Yeah the Blunderbuss needs a buff. Maybe turn it into more of an auto-shotty-with-limited-ammo? That or a gently caress-off-hand-cannon-with-*very*-limited-ammo.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's exactly as possible as having a dark elf and high elf in the same party, because absolutely everyone who isn't Chaos or Skaven is fighting the Chaos gods. Black orcs and dwarves are both intelligent enough to team up and fight a bigger threat.

It also needs to happen so we can have a party made up of a high elf, dark elf, dwarf and black orc and have every single exchange of dialogue be pure, venomous, scornful snark.

Didn't the High and Dark Elves end up uniting during the End Times anyways? Maybe later in the timeline.
Hmm, does that make them High Dark Elves? Dark High Elves? Hi-Dark Elves? Grey Elves? (The answer is Nazi Elves).

On adding characters/classes: They could make a mint basically recreating Magicka with all the different schools of magic wizards/sorceress/witches they could bring out.

In other news, Steamspy pegs the game at 165 000 buyers, give or take (might be at 180 000 now). The rise have slowed down a little, but it's around 10-15k a day. Seems like they made the bulk of their sales on the pre-order open-beta week.
Probably gonna hit 200 000 steam sales in a couple of days, maybe 300k by the end of november? Might get another uptick for Christmas.

400k by years end? Too optimistic?

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

TheQat posted:

there was a tiny patch just now, did they fix the bp thing?

Let's look at the steam comments and find out!

PumpkinSpicedAutism
You know what, I'm just gonna refund it. There hasn't been one Optimization fix since this game was released a week ago and i don't think the devs actually care.

.:Sneaj:.
Where is the optimization patch ? This game need optimization.

◄SargentoTITO►
Where is the optimization patch ? This game need optimization.

Smile Ohoy Fag
still n perform fixes what are u guys doing? woooooow

umadfellah?
I even logged in from my working place to say: WTF? You really did not fix exploit on black powder? God why devs do not have any balls, idiots.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

moths posted:

That was End Times, and they had crazy big-brain pilot rats grafted onto them.

I'm surprised that we only see stationary doomwheels, and almost relieved that warplock jezzails and warpfire throwers aren't in the game. (That I've seen, anyway.)

If nothing else they got plenty of fun Skaven units to add in the future.

Hmm, adding some different "basic" enemies on the higher difficulties to take the place of skaven slaves and clan rats, or enhance them with various buffs would be interesting. Kinda like how Payday switches out the lowly blues instead of just cribbing from L4D.

Getting Night runners (mook version of Gutter runners), some sort of Shield-wall-Vermin/Skaven Champion and those crazy skaven monks up in your face while Jezzail sniper-teams are crawling over the roof-tops would be pretty sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

“They play at being men. They've been trained by the Innsman to dance to music, to drink from cups, hold tiny spears and swords, even fence. I've not seen it—nor would care to.”

The picture struck the Sergeants's fancy. He envisioned himself small as a rat, dueling with rats who wore lace at their throats and wrists, slipping through the mazy tunnels of their underground cities, becoming a great connoisseur of cheese and smoked meats, perchance wooing a slim rat-queen and being surprised by her rat-king husband and having to dagger-fight him in the dark. Then he noted one of the white rats looking at him intently through the silver bars with a cold inhuman blue eye and suddenly his idea didn't seem amusing at all. He shivered in the sunlight.

• Locked thread