Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Skandranon posted:

One thing that I wanted in Payday 2 and would like here, is if you got rewards for doing missions in an unbroken streak, so if you do Ramparts->Horn->War Machines->etc without failing, you get an extra dice (up to a maximum) for each one. Gives a better sense of continuity and an incentive to get a group and stick together, instead of constantly dropping and joining.

I think that's a great idea and it shouldn't be that hard to implement. Have you thought about skyping that idea to fatshark's inbox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Skandranon posted:

I posted it in the feedback forum. Is there another way to post feedback to them?

Their twitter (@VermintideGame) seems to be pretty active, so you might get a more immediate response there, but I'm sure the feedback forum will do (if they give a poo poo, at least - and if they don't we're all doomed).

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Wooper posted:

Do you get anything for pre-ordering?

10% off, so not really worth it.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Bloodplay it again posted:

I'm using an i5-3570k at 4.2 GHz/core, 8GB RAM, and a GTX 970. At 1080p, I'm never dipping below 60 FPS, but the framerate constantly jumps around between 160 and 70 FPS.

Just so people can get a better picture of expected performance, I have the same system except for a 2500k (standard clock). I also run 1080p but use vsync and while it's generally running at 60fps, there are times when it dips down to ~40fps.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Are there any Europeans playing this? I love it so far, but it seems like it'd be much more fun with a coordinated group and the different time zones are a bit of an issue.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Thanks, that's good news. You guys using the CTS mumble as well or is there a different server (like KBM)?

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Positive stereotype of the jovial hardworking, high-functioning alcoholic perhaps? Dwarves have live figured out.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Nevvy Z posted:

This is the first game to ever give me sever hand cramps after playing. Have any of you given 360 controllers a try on this? It doesn't seem like it needs a mouse really.

I don't think a 360 controller will help with compulsive masturbation issues.Outside of aiming the precision ranged weapons, you should be fine with a controller.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
I think I'm officially done with random games. All I want to do when I take a short break from work is stab ratmans in the face, but that's more frustrating than fun when random groups can't seem to get past the second gate on sewers (hard). Why yes, letting the group get trapped in the corner by several stormvermin and not using bombs is a splendid idea and when it doesn't work, just yell at the elf and pull the same poo poo again next time.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Trier posted:

I dunno what everyone's so upset about with pubs. Sure, they're pubs, but they're not worse than pubs are in every other game. I complete most my normal pubgames and get my loot and go play hard with my friends once their NEET hard-working asses wake up. get home from work

When pubs screw up in Killing Floor or L4D, I don't really care because I don't lose nothing. If that loving mouth breather stands between me and my opportunity to roll a lovely white hagbow when my favorite character is the dwarf, I get quite irate.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Inzombiac posted:

Small bug:
If you are in the forge while looking for a game and then connect, your cursor will persist and be a REAL bitch if you have multiple monitors.

I had to drop a game because I could only turn left :zoolander:

GOOD TIMES.

As annoying as that was, I got out of that somehow. I think I just went into the menu or something.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Grondoth posted:

Everything dies and comes back as:

"They have no mercy and they're relentless. And they're seeking revenge, relentlessly."

"In a world of superlatives, these perfect warriors are the most perfect."

"These perfect warriors are equally perfect, but they're also faster than others."

I honestly can't believe how bad this poo poo is.
Is there any difference between these chapters warhosts at all, other than the color scheme and the fact that two of them seem to be using swords instead of axes?

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Kanos posted:

What do you think? :allears:

(no, of course not, also those are warhammers and not axes but the art is bad)

Well, I would've thought they'd want to create different armies to sell more models, but I guess not. I give up. GW's ineptitude has been thoroughly established in this thread alone.

As for the art, those totally look like (lovely) bearded axes to me, but I guess I should've expected Sigmar's Chosen to use hammers.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Other than the setting, what I like way more about this game than L4D(2) is that combat is actually fun. L4D(2) has absolutely bland gun play which is severely lacking in feedback. Just compare the weapon modeling and animations and also sounds in L4D to Killing Floor. I don't know, shooting in L4D just feels like turning your garden hose on a mob of loving (boning down) dogs your yard or something, whereas In this game you have ratmen cursing you right before you stab them in the throat or lob their heads off. Offering a variety of character is also a big plus in my book. Sex Robot is right, L4D is more polished than Vermintide, but I guess I don't value polish that much after a certain point - I'm certainly having more fun with Vermintide than I had with L4D.

Badly Jester fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Oct 23, 2015

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Songbearer posted:

I CAN'T STOP TALKING LIKE SALTZPYRE

I'm admittedly rather hard of hearing, but I'm pretty sure he says "HOLY poo poo MAN, HEAL THIS RAVAGED BODY" instead of "Holy Sigmar".

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
They said there would only be a wipe in case of catastrophic failure, and since they were able to roll back to the state before someone manipulated the loot server or something the other day, there's no reason to do a wipe. If there was going to be a wipe, they would have announced it by now - the game's coming out in a few hours.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone know if there's a maximum amount of stamina you can have on a weapon? Like if I get a shield with a +2 stamina trait, will it actually only add 1?

That seems to be the case, yes. I have a blue set of shield and hammer with +2 stamina, and it only goes up to 6.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

uber_stoat posted:

What is it about the structure of the Black Powder level that makes idiotic pubbies act even more stupid that usual? Level starts, everyone scatters to the far corners of the map.

It's an open area with several different options. It's hard for pubbies to coordinate which of the barrels to go to. I'm sure it would help if you could mark objectives the way you can mark specials.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Thanks, but that did not work. On another note: Do you know how to make a desktop shortcut that skips the launcher? If I try to run the .exe directly I get an error.

What do you mean it didn't work? What happens when you click play on Steam? It should open a window that lets you choose between something like 'Start launcher' and 'Start game and skip launcher'.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
You're just not doing it right.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

They really should allow you to do something with the upgrade materials. Right now I have 13 white chunks because I am a moron and broke down a bunch of stuff when I first got the game

Well, they let you upgrade weapons with it.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Greens, sure, but at this point I'm a decent way past wanting to upgrade greens

My point was that these materials serve a purpose, and it's not a flaw in the game design that you ground up all the white items you got your hands on, much like enemies spawning behind the group isn't a flaw in the game mechanics either. :v:

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Skandranon posted:

It is a feature, but one that quickly gets left behind. Once you have all blues, it's unlikely you'll go backwards. The system needs some further tweaks to keep it working long term.

I don't think making weapons of the highest tier easier to obtain is going to help the long term viability of this game either. In fact, I think the loot system is almost causing more issues than it solves. Some people would be perfectly happy bopping rats on the head repeatedly without loot being a factor, because the core gameplay is fun (people have been playing L4D2 and Killing Floor for years, though the latter does have long-term progression to some extent). So while the addition of loot adds a bit of flavor, it has also created different expectations.
Just think about the fact that, thanks to the loot system in this game, we now have people complaining about having to play a video game for 30 minutes if there's a chance game drops poo poo loot and thus doesn't 'reward' the player. Playing the goddamn game should be reward enough.

CountingWizard posted:

I would be satisfied with better pathfinding for AI. It takes so long to complete some missions because the AI usually gets stuck on the way to the group and you spend forever waiting for them.

Since I started playing the 2h-hammer soldier, I've started urging my groups not to sit in corners and to instead full on advance through the level while cutting down the swarm of ratlings around us. I'm still not sure who and what weapon combo works best as rear guard, since most attacks move you forward instead of backwards, and attacking slows down your movement. It causes the rear guard to be left behind .

This can be solved by having two people do it; once one person needs to catch up, the other one takes over.

Badly Jester fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 27, 2015

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i realy do not understand why this game and payday 2 can look at the very well done weapon unlocking systems in COD/Battlefield type games and think an RNG is better. RNG is only better if its going to be like diablo 3 or borderlands and you get a ton of stuff all the time. Linking the loot drop to completing levels just incentivizes players to do boring rear end poo poo like running black powder 1000 times

If it was tied to experience, they'd still be doing boring/weird poo poo to maximize experience/minute (so they'd still be running Black Powder all day). As soon as there's a mechanic that somehow offers a path of least resistance, people will try to exploit it - that's what I was trying to get at in my post. But I guess fun is subjective after all, and to some people "gaming" the mechanics is as fun as actually playing the game is to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Chomp8645 posted:

Every member of the group sees the same illusion, which is based on the first person in the group to enter the area. The ones I've seen...

Kruber first: a pastoral setting

Saltzpyre first: the hall of his order (or at least some castle setting)

Sienna: a fire blasted hellscape.

Where are you getting that from? Everyone gets his own illusion, it doesn't matter who goes in first.

• Locked thread