Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I'm pretty skeptical since GW's attitude these days seems to be throwing their IP at seemingly random companies. On the one hand you may have something cool like the Total War spinoff, but on the other hand there's a ton of Warhammer Fantasy/40k shovelware out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Man, the effects for the fireball on Sienna is...lackluster. I had no idea if charging up was for AoE or a stronger hit since the actual fireball has practically no impact when it connects. No small explosion or burst of flame; it just kinda...blips out and you have to infer its properties from how many rats are on fire afterwards.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Bussamove posted:

A new thread means a new thread title right? Because I'm personally a fan of Vermintide 2: Finding Dawri.
HOLY SIGMAR BLESS THIS RAVAGED THREAD

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fyi one map seems to be bugged. At the end it tells you to go in small caves and take out pustules. Problem is, the last cave only has six of the seven needed. We spent a lot of time searching, but we eventually gave up. So it may be bugged or outside the cave, which is lovely map design since the prior two caves had their pustules all inside.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Need a Greater Unclean One boss that groans about how much Papa Nurgle loves you as he hugs and infects you with 15 different flesh-eating bacteria.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Stupid fluff question: would patching up a Slayer be considered a grievous insult? Or would refusing aid fall under "No, you can't just kill yourself."?

I want unique lines where Slayer Bardin is cussing out anyone who heals him.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I don’t even get why Unchained’s skill does FF. Class is going to be a pain in the rear end most the time.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Skypie posted:

Yeah I was sitting at work trying to remember what the Vermintide trailer was so I looked it up to refresh my memory. It was way cooler.

Also I feel like the cinematic doesn't really make sense for Vermintide 2. It feels like it should come after a prologue or something where the characters are captured before the tutorial mission starts
They’re all hypotheticals as to how the characters may have reacted to the events of VT1. One class is where they progress further in their current career. One is where the events affect them enough to seek out a new path. And the third is where they go kinda insane from the poo poo they saw and take desperate measures. Except Kruber, who gets some kind of happy ending :unsmith:

If we go by canon then, yeah, there’s way way they really had time to change careers. Sure, Sienna could easily go insane mid-VT2 and become Unchained, but I doubt Saltz took a break to get pissed off at his superiors and do some bounty hunting between rat invasions. There’s a reason lore in Warhammer is called fluff, after all.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Worst case scenario: Vermintide 3 takes place in Age of Sigmar :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I certainly hope the launch day patch is just a laundry list of bug fixes.

Unchained is annoying to play otherwise. Her passive is broken in a few key ways
  • If you take damage while grabbed, it still applies overcharge. I feel like they can just shut off the passive and have you take full damage while disabled.
  • "Bleeding Out" counts as damage for Overcharge. I've been revived, only to immediately explode, which I imagine will be real fun for my reviver when FF is on.
  • At high Overcharge, if you use your active the game may say "Oh that didn't count." and blow you up despite having no Overcharge. This could be a lag thing, but you still use the skill, so you're downed and still have the explosion on cooldown.
I've also heard rumors she's not getting melee buffs from her passive, but it's hard to test with dummies still broken.

• Locked thread