Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Would like to join with a group. I go by kinenvy on steam it looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Yardbomb posted:

That's technically already happening in Vermintide, Kerillian refers to gutter runners with "Eshin eyes" and killing a roger gets you an achievement called "Moulderbane" and so on, but I get what you mean well enough.

Well that is cause Clans, Eshin, Skyre and Moulder sell their services to all other clans.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
From the Website Kerillian seems to have fallen for Khaine in that Carrier. So she pretty much just became a Dark Elf.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Night10194 posted:

His options will be, I am guessing, 'hates rats so much he becomes a renegade cop who lives by his own rules, which are all about hating rats', 'hates rats so much he decides to follow all the rules to get people to give him more guns to kill the rats he hates with' and 'hates rats so much it becomes a religious experience. The religion is hating rats.'

Well option 1 is confirmed. He becomes a Bounty Hunter that wants to hunt down Skaven because the Rest of the Witch Hunter Order kept telling him not to talk about it.

Sienna becomes a Battle Wizard to temper herself is one of hers.
And Kruger is Knighted and starts climbing the political ladder reluctantly is one of his.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 17, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

DeathSandwich posted:

I mean, the blurb from the website makes it sound like Saltzpyre left the Witch Hunters and is now a bounty hunter, so he's taken a pretty significant step back in the social hierarchy of the Empire. That's made up for by Kruber being knighted, I guess.

Well one of his other options is likely he ascends in the Witch Hunter Ranks and decides to make his inferiors focus more on Skaven.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We got Plague Monks and Stormfiends coming in

http://www.vermintide.com/news/dev_blog_02_enemy_plague_monk_and_stormfiend/

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Stanley Pain posted:

I think that's for Vermintide ][

Yes but I assumed this is also the Vermintide II thread.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well we now know we got Plague Monks and Stormfiends.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mzbundifund posted:

In the one class they've announced for Victor so far, he's still officially a witch hunter even though he's adopted different fighting methods as a response to the events of Vermintide 1. My guess is he'll be a witch hunter no matter what class you pick, it's just a question of the methods he chooses to employ, and I would be astonished if one of those classes wasn't very similar to V1 Saltz.

No it says Victor quit and became a Bounty Hunter cause his superiors refused to let him do stuff and tell people about the Skaven.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Saltzpyre's Jobs leaked.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Games Workshop has improved since then at least.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bogart posted:

So it'll be the gruesome foursome (and that one fucker) back again? No more additional characters? Shame.

They are effectively 15 different characters now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
And for Kerellian we know that she is a Dark Elf Shade, and I will assume a Wood Elf Waywatcher and a High Elf Swordmaster or White Lion.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

StashAugustine posted:

kerellian with the white lion getup would be pretty cool

arent swordmasters like the result of centuries of training ~in the lore~

I don't know a ton about High Elves.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
But Kerillian is a Wood Elf so Swordmaster is unlikely.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jan 30, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Digirat posted:

Halberd looks so good

Huntsman class description also mentions "the arrow and the bullet" so it's possible the sgt will get bows.

Just realized that plant thing is a Blight Tree / Feculent Gnarlmaw.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Warhammer Fantasy RP 4e is indeed on it's way and is due a little later this year. Age of Sigmar is also getting a RPG from the same guys.

And to be fair to Age of Sigmar it's lore is starting to get fleshed out and it is better then what initial impressions gave. The Malign Portents site generally has some interesting short stories and guides on the setting. Is it as good as the Old World, no not at all, but at least it's becoming interesting enough to get somewhat invested in.

Edit: All the renames are still stupid though. Just call a Dwarf a Dwarf.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mordja posted:

ill say this much, Sloppity Bilepiper owns, unironically

Thats because he is great.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
There are other gods for the order factions in Age of Sigmar and Sigmar is considered their equal. But they are much fewer and Sigmar is still considered pretty much the main one. (With the exceptions of the Dwarfs/Duradin and Elves/Aelves who tend to elevate Grungni, Tyrion, Teclis and Malekith over Sigmar.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Don't know why I did not think of Everqueen Handmaiden for her High Elf class.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Caidin posted:

Slayer Bardin is gonna be so pissed off that all of his attempts to die in a blaze of glory end with him being tied up on the side of the road somewhere.

Thats cause Clan Moulder are assholes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TaurusTorus posted:

Can you play multiple of the same character, if they're different specializations? Can I play mercenary Kruber and have foot knight Kruber in the same game?

I am pretty sure no.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Just found out about this cute little thing in Total Warhammer.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
In game Kerillian preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oXx0MgCCsg

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Handmaiden is a nicer Kerillian two of her abilities are buffs for her allies.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yay it appears I just got invited into the closed test.

Edit actually it appears anyone that pre ordered can play the closed test.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 15, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Banano posted:

i'll be waiting in the discord if anyone cares to join me

Whats the Vermintide discord.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah everyone that owns the game can play right now. Which is cool.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
seriously though what is the Vermintide Discord.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Willie Tomg posted:

here ya go.

rat discord: comes with a free black market of cat pictures

Thanks.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Digirat posted:

so who's up for some rats

I am.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Why did they make the elf part high elf and part dark elf instead of giving us Waywatcher/War Dancer/Eternal Guard?

Cause the Elves were just diffrent paths. And Kerillian made the choice to become one.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Vargs posted:

When does this test end?

I assume the 28th when everyone who preordered is allowed to play.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Madcosby posted:

So what is power? Is it essentially a gear score type thing or does increasing your power increase your damage?

I don't know I will test it out on the training dummies.

Edit seems to be the same.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 17, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lunethex posted:

Hero power is just Gear Score from games like Destiny or The Division. Difficulties are gated to these. Ostensibly.

I feel like your damage does rise from having a higher hero power rating.

I am doing more damage on the dummies then I used to. Once I upgraded all my gear with higher power stuff.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dr. VooDoo posted:

How long is the closed test going to go on for?

Until the 28th I think were the open beta starts.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Willie Tomg posted:

There is definitely some stuff that is pretty glaringly not working right, but its such an obviously early build with such skeletal non-ratsmacking systems on display it honestly feels cheap to speculate on where they could be going with it. Now on the 1st... maybe I talk a little more poo poo when we're playing a build made for primetime. I wanted proof that GWAR fans were as fun to fight as rats. They are. Feelin' pretty positive about current events, tbqh.

Yeah like I have heard text to speech voice lines in some spots. And looking from the Keep Helmgart is not fully modeled.

I imagine we will get the current version of the game on the 28th.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ravenfood posted:

I think I saw a loading screen tooltip that would imply "berserkers" were the unit style, but then I also thought +monsters was the same as "bosses" and I'm totally not sure on that at all now given that they're referred to differently in different contexts.

The training dummies are a good idea but the group knew a full-on Grey Wizard in Ubersreik. Couldn't that guy just summon up some monster illusions to beat on somewhere?

The Grey Wizard might be dead. The new mission in Vermintide had Rasknitt minions discover the Inn so they found a way around the illusion.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I dont know posted:

Yeah, but the team still has a grey wizard as the mission briefing for seeds of corruption outright states that Olesya is one.

True enough, but she might not know how to create illusion training dummies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh that big list of things. I disagree that Quick play should not let you join groups at the keep. I would rather join before the start rather then when it is already going.

• Locked thread