Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mordja posted:

I hope one of the enemies is a Doom Wheel. :getin: but with rats.

I would be down as gently caress for this as a boss fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Saurus. Just this incredibly out of place giant aztec dinosaur.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The response to learning Warhammer has Aztec dinosaurs is usually 'gently caress yeah, bring on the Aztec dinosaurs'.

This is entirely correct. Picked this up with a buddy, going to get our other buddies to pick it up because gently caress pubbies.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I want a Blood Dragon who is just a literal murderhobo. Like, they're all expecting a knight in shining armor and it's just this crazed swordsman in a ragged old coat who just wanders from place to place looking for fun slaughters.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Alternatively, Vampire Dante. This rat-party's gettin' crazy!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Why does the Witch Hunter's starting sword have ammunition? Is there a gun attached to it?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This game is loving awesome. My Warhammer Fantasy RP group all picked it up to play together and I just got done with my first couple rounds; got a blue double-barreled shotgun for the dwarf on our first couple runs after we staggered through the sewers all at grey to escape to the coach at the last second.

I can't wait to try out all the other guys.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Jimbot posted:

What do you do against those armored rats with the polearms? There's always a dumb tooltip when I fight them but I either read it or get swarmed to death by the game. Are they immune to light attacks, melee attacks? What do I do against them?

I'd tank them with my shield and push them over while my Soldier buddy hit them in the face with a hammer, that seemed to work well.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What's the trick to the end bit of Supply and Demand? We got a couple bags back but then the game spawned multiple Gutter Runners, so that didn't go well.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Crooked Warden posted:

The trick is to treat it like beloved bag-throwing simulator Payday 2.

So just keep chain-tossing the bag while turning around to fight?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Well, that should make things easier. Thanks!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It feels like Soldier and Dwarf are best of friends forever. One takes a two hander, the other a shield and hand weapon, and together they just smash all the rats and ogres for eternity.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Skandranon posted:

I kept telling people the flaming sword was near identical to the wizard sword, but nooo, everyone was just dying to set people on fire.

If you're not a pyromaniac, I don't know why you'd even Bright Wizard.

So one of my buddies goes 'HEY GUYS! A LOOT RAT!' and rockets off after it while we're healing up. During the ensuing chaos of trying to save him, he's apologizing the whole time and we're getting chain-hung by packmasters. We somehow got out of it, but holy poo poo.

And he didn't even get Sackrat, I nailed the guy a few moments later with the crossbow.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

My very first time playing we ran into a gunner, a horde, and a Rogre as the very first special spawn we found.

We died.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The dwarf's crossbow, even if you don't get a headshot, seems to stagger a ratling gunner out of his shooting stance.

This was very helpful.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Hunter is that kind of guy who's so drab and dreary that he becomes fun, though. He is a Cool Dude.

And I like to think the Elf is actually just the elf equivalent of a teenager who's trying to play off what an ancient and powerful elf she is with all the sarcasm and passive aggression.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Snatch Duster posted:

I like how dumb the dwarf is sometimes.

"These stairs go up."

He's just really drunk. It's how he can shoot so well.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Soldier is a hero and an all around awesome guy. I'm really glad they put a State Troop unit champ in there, magnificent mustache, hat, and all.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tokubetsu posted:

She has been accused of burning a mill with someones son inside which is why he arrested her.

Also note her being an official and sanctioned wizard is why she's under arrest and being returned to the colleges for trial instead of being shot in the face.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

BadLlama posted:

Aren't witch hunters in fantasy basically like inquisitor in 40k in that each guy perscribes to certain levels of acceptable magic going from No gently caress magic -> Some magic is okay but dont go crazy -> gently caress it all use all the magics the chaos gods wouldnt have back.

They're more of the Wizard Cops. A Witch Hunter's duties include checking the licenses on College trained mages and also hunting down rogue ones or dealing with Wizard Crime.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Assuming he (or she) can get someone to back them up. Hunters aren't given nearly the cart-blanch that 40k Inquisitors are, and have to make a case for why they need troops for a situation or be forced to settle for what mercs and thugs they can hire.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm mostly just a little annoyed because I wanted to kill more rats, which tells me the game is good and fun.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Screw that, we need to call in an expert!

And a High Elf White Lion or Swordmaster of Hoeth. Really, any High Elf would do, but preferably not a Wizard.

The true hero the Old World needs.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What do the hats actually do?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

And that GW blew the whole setting up. That was also pretty dumb.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I mean it's a canon detail that the Rat Catchers have been fighting a secret, heavily covered up war with the Skaven for ages and their guilds have saved the world multiple times already.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I mean the party is already basically a high level WFRP party as it is. Champion, Dwarf Champion down a different career route, Master Wizard, Witch Hunter, and Waywatcher? We just skipped the shitfarmer tier and got right to 'Okay, your PCs can kill infinity ratmen.'

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

BadLlama posted:

I like how the Elf constantly talks poo poo about how crappy the city is that the soldier lives in. loving elves.

Like I said, the elf is an insecure teenager in a foreign land who is talking poo poo to hide that she's loving terrified and very far from her dear, sweet, time-bending and child eating hellforest.

The best part about Warhammer Elves is they act like elves do in every other setting but nobody just takes that poo poo.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

If you like sword and shield, the dwarf's shield and axe is real good.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Rat Catcher should've just been the Witch Hunter's background. Dude who got promoted up after fighting the horrid ratmen.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Not fancy enough.

They know Science specifically so they can base their fencing style off the latest in geometry and trigonometry, and their school demands they narrate their own fights to describe to their opponent exactly why it's mathematically impossible for him to win from his position.

Diestros are the exact right kind of ridiculous.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Wizard Tower owns. Best mission so far.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

He's a dwarf surrounded by grudges to settle and foes to cut in half. If he dies, it's a good doom. So why not have the time of his life and try to save the world?

Dwarf is awesome.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The dwarf just started going on about how he and Kruber were like two old dwarven heroes at an ancient hold, and Kruber responds with "I have no idea who those are, but thanks." while the dwarf starts singing and the elf tries to throw shade.

I love this game.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So, does losing any Ward lose you the end of Wizard's Tower? Because me and a friend just made it through the very end of that level with one ward like 1 hit away from dying.

Also, my first handgun for the Soldier is a blue, from that mission. I think this'll help a lot more than the blunderbuss; I needed a good anti-armor/special for when I'm using him.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also, throwing rats off poo poo is hilarious.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Then I guess I didn't need to magdump my entire pistol brace into those rats to save it at the last second.

Thankfully it was the last wave and we won moments after.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

We were doing the sewers, and come up to get to the wagon only to find a Ratling gunner camping the ladder. We kill him, then notice we're still taking fire from behind. There was a second one right behind us, also camping and putting us in a crossfire. Nearly lost the run right at the end.

Also, on Wizard's tower, I ran into a pair of Ratling gunners who killed one another off-screen trying to shoot us, I think. It's the only reason I can imagine that the characters were going "RATLING GUNNER!" and we never saw one, but found two corpses in a narrow hall later.

Warpstone, man. Not even once.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Holy poo poo, the Soldier's handgun is so much better than his Blunderbuss. I wasted a Packmaster and a Gutter Runner in a single shot. They shouldn't have lined up like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm really glad they said 'gently caress it' and gave the Hunter 48 loaded pistols like some kind of early modern Matrix lobby scene.

• Locked thread