Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

This looks pretty drat cool, I hope it is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

L4D has VS for only No Mercy and whatever the Farmhouse was called iirc. Airport and whatever the third one was didn't get added for a long time.

I think VS for at least one map would be key, since it was fine on L4D. Most people just did No Mercy anyways

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Played around a bit as witch hunter, pretty rad game. And just like with l4d I have to constantly save my teammates rear end.

Stop running ahead you loving tool.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Buy a key on g2a for like a dollar

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The keys are literally a dollar. I think I'm OK.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I can see this game going places, its been very fun thus far.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

lmao

never fail to disappoint me reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/3nni2m/this_beta_feels_more_like_an_alpha/

"how dare this beta test have issues"

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Is this beta over or can I shoot some rats with my hoard of one shot pistols when I get home?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Where were these poison arrows last night when we needed them

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

dtkozl posted:

I really thought this game was a pile. Sound, music, writing, and narrative are complete garbage. That is my opinion but I would suggest to those wanting to get it on day one be wary, it is a buggy mess in beta and it is going to take more than until the end of the month to fix those problems.

Drythe posted:

lmao

never fail to disappoint me reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/3nni2m/this_beta_feels_more_like_an_alpha/

"how dare this beta test have issues"

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Pre-order beta progress doesn't save to the release.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Stanley Pain posted:

Not giving access to your beta(s) when you pre-order a game is kinda stupid in TYOL 2015 ;)

lmao

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

No different than getting a tank spawn when you get out of the elevator on No Mercy

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

You could only run faster than them if you weren't backpedaling and were green health iirc.

Not something a group of people who are inexperienced would often be at. And if you are experienced then a tank wasn't too much of a threat as is, same as I expect this game will become.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

And a lot of spots where they could knock you away from the group pretty easily. Plus tanks had the ability to hit debris towards you which was an instant incap.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Trudis posted:

I played on nightmare for the first time tonight and got dual drakefire pistols for the dwarf, which I didn't even know was a thing. It uses no ammo, instead relying on the same overcharge mechanic as the wizard. Left click is fireballs that can be rapidly fired a bunch of times before heating up, right click you charge a massive short range blast with both pistols drawn. It may be my new favorite weapon.

Holy poo poo. That certainly answers the question of 'are there items that change how a character plays'.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Lol everyone is gonna farm the first map before the game releases then

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

They are L4D players who haven't learned about the game yet.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What do Tomes and Grimoires do

Grimoires also reduce the entire party's max health and once dropped disappear forever. The dice they give you is a guarenteed face however.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

People don't understand how to melee with the wizard and the beam staff makes you more melee oriented unless you want to overheat instantly. The beam staff however is loving incredible, it ruins specials.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Wizard tip: your overheat will only kill you if you cast at maximum heat. So when you hit max heat, let it drop one tick then cast again. It allows you to never have to stop shotgunning with a beam staff. If you are less than 100% it just sets you back to 100% without killing you.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Also if you have a lull low hp and have a healing item. Overheat, kill yourself, and have a teammate get you up. Having someone pick you up sets you at 50% and if you heal after you usually end up at max hp

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

When throwing bombs and fireballs, jump first in order to lob it into the dead center of a group, thus hitting more rats.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

rezatahs posted:

Honestly it's a shame that the elf has already picked up a bad rap thanks to every scrub picking her up right away because she is really drat good when you know how to play her. What popular thing can I blame her popularity on? Hipsters?

MLG Pro Snypa 420weedlord boner hitlers

Fans posted:

The Bright Wizard is by far the least popular among pubbies and I am fine with this because a good Bright Wizard can carry hard.

God they are so good at area control and single targeted damage.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Learn how to use your sword and stop relying on the staff also helps. If you play beam wizard you are forced to learn your sword.

That, along with learning how to abuse not exploding means you can burst a lot with the shotgun then be steady bursts afterwards and never explode.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I want a god drat flaming sword.

The beam is really good at sniping specials since it stuns them when you hit them.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Also holy poo poo, strength potions increase all damage, even bombs apparently. It also gives your attacks armor pen.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

gromdul posted:

How are the bots in this game? Or the game in general? The vids look great, but how does it feel to play?

They are really good at sticking together, and will snipe specials kinda like L4D bots.

Bots also will use whatever equipment you have on your characters, so even if you don't play waywatcher, equip her good items so that when you use her as a bot she has good poo poo on.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

gromdul posted:

So the goon hype will probably say it's worth the $30, and normally I wouldn't flinch at spending that on a cool game. But my income as a stay-at-home dad right now is limited to what personal possessions I sell on eBay.

Anyone want to buy some nicely painted Vampire Counts? :orks:

Not Sigmarines? Get that poo poo out of my face then

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Ganondork posted:

Is Longbow the type that shoots homing arrows? If so, I managed to get one and it's A LOT more useful. On Normal, I can 1-shot most special mobs (hooker, assassin, gatling, etc), and the charge shot is armor penetrating making armor mobs a 2-shot kill.

That's a Trueshot Longbow

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Plavski posted:

I like that they made the size difference an actual thing. I feel shorter as a dwarf, and it's weird how that can change your play. I feel way more overwhelmed as a dwarf shielder than the soldier as the reduced size makes everything slightly more claustrophobic and frantic.

If you are feeling that way you need to get more in the Dwarf mindset.

Go buy a keg.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Jimbot posted:

Kind of wish they'd remove the bits that prevent you from going backwards on the map. More than one occasion we had a member get caught by that one rat guy and pulled away practically as they were moving off that fall or ramp or whatever have you. Since the rest of the team was already off it, they couldn't do anything to save the person. Those two elements don't gel well together.

Those elements exist in L4D, you are supposed to check and make sure everyone is moving as one. Kind of like getting smokered on drops and poo poo.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Illegal Username posted:

patch just dropped

Wonder what "several exploits" means, i know of three that are being used

lol rip ammo room and under horn exploit

time to :gitgud:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kanos posted:

Also please for the love of loving god somebody explain the reason why the swiftbow and the hagbow exist, because the swiftbow does zero damage and the hagbow does zero damage over time and also has no ammo in the bargain. Her other two bows are so good and those are so bad that I'm actively confused.

The reason they exist is different play styles and purposes, however they need tuned to be competitive with the other bows.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Oh man there's a screaming bell level?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

If you cast a spell when it's maxed out you will explode and be incapped.

Between the white marks is when you can press r to vent the heat safely. Above that and it costs health to vent the heat.

That's all you really need to know. It doesn't damage you to overheat, as long as you don't cast when you are fully maxed out.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The former

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Also if you a couple rats eyeing you but cowering back kill those ficked cause the minute the see your back they charge at you

As the Dwarf (I believe?) says, they are cowards and will strike when you don't expect it.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

They don't want to get shot in the face, I don't blame them. Packmasters have balls though, those fuckers just charge you head on alone sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The gatling gunner shooting through walls really needs to get fixed

• Locked thread