Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

TacMan posted:

This hat appears to be made from at least 1.5 entire human skeletons, by weight.

All the extra hats are so ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

dogstile posted:

Posting this because its dumb and i'm kind of laughing at myself.

My CPU fan had died so my CPU set its clock rate way down to try and deal with it. I've fixed the fan and set it back up and the game runs fine now. My bad, game is fun.

Did the rat corpses clog your fan?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Fans posted:

Does licensing stuff like this make them much money? I can't see the tabletop game being all that profitable but they're always getting games published, quite a few of them good ones.

They count any video game revenue as accidental. They don't believe video games get people interested in their table top product which is where they make their money. They also don't believe in market research and that they set the market.

GW is dumb.

I hope they go bankrupt and sell the IP to someone competent.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

SIGMARINES FOR SIGMAR

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

DatonKallandor posted:

They literally had the entire planet blow up. Before they did they made shitload of things to make sure the setting was as dead as possible (flurry of novels killing basically all named characters, making progressively more insane and bad rulebooks at ruinous cost that literally said "if you have this book you can force the other player to use these rules", etc.). Then they replaced it with the blandest thing possible - big dudes with space marine proportions fighting generic daemons with space marine weaponry (minus bolters) - with a whopping 4 Page rulebook and no points costs or limits on any units fielded. Warhammer Fantasy is now a "roleplaying miniatures game" (because GW literally thinks their target market isn't gamers, but model collectors who buy them for the sake of looking at them), where everything goes and the rules are for you to make up.

Also remember the new rules have dumb rear end poo poo like you have a bigger mustache take an extra roll or poo poo equally retarded.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

That's only for the old pre-AoS legacy armies where their stated goal for those rules is either make them so embarrassing or unfun to play against people will stop playing those armies out of embarrassment and/or because no one will want to play with them

That doesn't make it any better, so my point still stands, AoS has new dumb rear end rules. Now amended to being dumb rear end rules for dumb rear end reasons.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

More dumb rear end GW poo poo, look at what they are charging $985 USD for: http://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/The-Vengeance-of-Azyrheim

Look at all that variety

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I really wanted to play Skaven or Vampire Counts before too.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Mordja posted:

I mean, there's nothing stopping you from playing the old game, right? Or has GW actually pulled all of those rulebooks from store shelves?

If you sell old poo poo GW will stop shipping you product, and there's still a lot of 40k players. GW doesn't let you just sell one line, you have to carry all of their products. It really fucks stores.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Illegal Username posted:

hahaha what the hell

has anyone ever bought that?

I mean, I have $3k in 40k, but I played Chaos so I was able to make all my things look different.

Those things are all just the same generic poo poo. But, yes. I guarantee there is some sad soul who bought that bundle. (Also GW bundles often don't even have a discount on them and one time I found one that costed more)

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

It's very fun

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

In an answer to early speculation, a tooltip on a loading screen stated that the spectral horses that Oleysa uses were made by the supreme grey mage or whatever of Ubersreik.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

How do you force them to grab a tome? Do they just do it by themselves?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I think I'm going to refund this game

so that I can buy the collectors edition

CJ posted:

I can understand zombies because apparently there are a whole lot of nerds who get really excited at the idea of butchering animated corpses, but i've never heard of someone wanting to kill an army of rat men. It just strikes me as a really bizarre theme to go with in terms of getting people excited to play your game.

EDIT: I know the lore is about a city getting overrun by rat men, but the developers still had to make the decision to make it a game about about a city being attacked by rat men. That's the part i find weird.

Yea, who the gently caress wants to play a game where you murder hordes of rat men driven insane by their chaos fueled drug habits and have made weapons such as gatling guns when everyone else is using flintlock pistols. That sounds loving boring. Rats who drag you away with a hook on a pole and then hang you out to die and rats who throw poison gas bombs and kamikaze you when they are close to death is utterly tiring. Thank god I can get excited about Zombie Game #257: The Undeadening

Drythe fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 21, 2015

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

What difficulty? You probably just got better. If I recall that map is just a pubbie trap and if you stick together you are fine. Pubbies however like to split up.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Supply run is a slog and the end can go to poo poo real fast. Wizard tower I believe is stick together, finish map real quickly.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

CJ posted:

I agree that zombies are boring and played out, but you can't deny that there's a sizable population that are into the zombie apocalypse fantasy who will buy games that have zombies in them, it has an inbuilt audience. You can't say the same thing for the rat killing fantasy. I think the idea of making a left 4 dead style game in a fantasy setting is good, and the random loot is a cool idea to keep it interesting. I just think a large problem with this type of game is that it gets pretty repetitive, and having every enemy be a rat doesn't help - even though there's some with guns and rat-ogres and stuff, they're still visually rats. I don't know that much about Warhammer lore so maybe it's great if you're a Warhammer fan, but from an outside perspective i feel it would be better to make the enemy faction the Chaos, since they had a variety of enemies like the evil knight guys, the mutant warriors, the evil mages and demons. Even if what i'm saying is completely unfounded and the rats don't get boring because they have tons of personality, i still think it's easier to sell a game where you fight lots of different stuff than a game where you fight rats, rats and more rats.

(I also think making the Brightmage playable character a 60 year old crackhead is a weird decision too)

Its refreshing to have a different thing to kill and the characters being gruff, old, and ugly.

Also as perspective, I've told multiple people at work about this game and they all say it looks amazing and love that the enemies are crazy rat men. None of them even know what Warhammer is.

BadLlama posted:

Can bots handle nightmare sewers?

Resist the urge to look around while moving fast and you should be good unless the game tells you to go gently caress yourself.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Elpato posted:

If you were expecting a young, flirtatious, girl in a robe that could be someone's waifu, that's just not how poo poo goes down in Warhammer. The world is ugly, and it's not kind to its people. Fuegonasus is a woman with power and experience, and that's cool.

Bright Wizard is my waifu. It gets pretty hot under the sheets

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Fortescue posted:

Yo, I made us an IRC channel.

irc.synirc.com

#Vermintide

Come in to hang out and help form groups in real time.

Also, talk about Vermintide while I'm at work, because gently caress work.

shout out to OP if you put the irc channel in your post~ That would be cools.

There's a steam group, and being in the chat channel is basically necessary to get into games since otherwise people have to add you as a friend.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Just walk it off

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

gently caress the elf

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

That Italian Guy posted:

Ah good to know, I was just quickly googling it and the first few hits all mentioned this weird issue, but maybe they're old stuff now.

I thought one of the patches specifically addressed this

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Bussamove posted:

But I have an axe and shield with a 35% chance that it won't use stamina on a push, which is just ridiculous.

Holy gently caress I want that

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

lmao the loading screens say when you see a loot rat ignore the plight of your teammates and charge it headon for it's glorious loot

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Is steam group chat hosed for anyone?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

It's made for hordes and normal rats, not specials. The handgun is like, the exact opposite. They will feel different.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

You put in 3 dual daggers, what were you expecting? you had a 60% chance for dual daggers.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

:rip:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The fire sword also has the obvious advantage of setting rats on fire, which causes the weaker ones to freak the gently caress out and stop attacking.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

loving dwarf

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

why not both?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

sushibandit posted:

Apparently this is a thing.

Video

Gotta get my farm on before they fix it.

Whats the summary for a dude at work?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Standing on a table on one of the tables in a tower near the boat with cause the rat pathfinding to bug out and cause them to try and path through midair, causing them to just freeze at their spawn

lmao

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

It's more important for this game because you need to be able to say "Hey I got grabbed someone come save me"

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

It just does not feel as organic as it did in l4d, witnessing the 50 odd spawn from a broom closet notwithstanding. In general, you would hear the horde spawn, and they would start arriving a few seconds later as they had to traverse the distance to you, which also meant you could see and react to the incoming horde. This also applied to specials, since they would have to reach you first, and often if you were on the lookout you could see them from a long way away and be ready.

While in some places the rat spawns feel identical, there are a lot of times it just feels very artificial. Like having a hunter rat spawn right next to you and immediately pounce on you.

I mean the game just came out, and I don't remember what L4D was like at first but Valve probably had a lot more money than Fatshark does to hire better devs.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

You people find some dumb rear end poo poo to complain about on a newly released game from an indy dev company.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Use Longbow or a Trueshot Longbow. One homes one doesn't.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The bow for the elf is really good for killing specials, her swords and daggers are good for murderizing everything else.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

One day I'll get a trinket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

People playing tanks, please stop shield bashing constantly. Use your drat charged attack.

It knocks down rats in a huge area and you don't even need to charge it all the way up. You can keep a huge group permanently stunned with it.

Use your shield bash in emergencies and stormvermin god drat it. Stop bitching you are out of stamina

• Locked thread