Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Just remember, playing with Goons doesn't save you from dumb loving exploits.

I had a group a couple of nights ago that wanted the new player to go kill himself so they could hide in the ammo room.

Please if I ever join a mumble channel and ask if you want to play, don't say yes if you only care about loot and can't complete Horn on hard without cheating. Especially when I tell you it's to run a new guy through some games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Fans posted:

Don't try to range the Rat Ogre unless you have a high DPS ranged weapon like the Witch Hunters Pistols. Sitting back firing your Handgun at it is useless, get in there and melee it.

I'm testing Saltzpyres pistols when I get home (now that I finally got a pair!) as I suspect they are garbage for the ogre, just like all the other ranged weapons I tested.

To reiterate how bad ranged weapons are:

Drythe posted:

I got curious and played around with the cheat engine for rat ogres. On hard, it took over 150 shots from a blue WH repeater to kill it. My blue handgun on the dwarf took around 50.

All of these are in addition to the bots hitting it, just very slowly and poorly.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

You need more shots than you could possibly carry, and then you are empty for the specials afterwards. Go hit it with an axe.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I lied about testing it tonight, and fallout 4 comes out tomorrow. Who knows when exciting science will shed light on this discussion now!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Jesus loving Christ, red text guy is worse than Irish Joe.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I wish I could be hard as gently caress and cool enough to play cata ctotd

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Look how cool I can be by insulting people who play different difficulties, loving plebs.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

the gas rat is the best rat because after he chucks a globe he A. stands on his tip toes and tries to see if he hit or not and B. does a little hop and pumps his fists if he does

lmao I never noticed that

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Except for the fact he's teamed up with a god drat wood elf.

It also doesn't need to apply to all dwarves, just this dwarf. And Bardin doens't give any fucks about anything it seems.

Drythe fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 23, 2015

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I like axes the best, as they get stuck in the rats neck sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Nope, commit more genocide on rats now please.

• Locked thread