Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

I'm a bit dissapointed that I may actually end up picking this up on PS4 and not PC as my computer is too lovely to run it well.

Because after doing 10+ runs on Hard Horn with 3 tomes and 2 grimoires and getting even worse loot, I decided to do something else!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

terrorist ambulance posted:

Solo? Is that possible?

Nah, wasn't solo. Nightmare with bots is certainly possible though.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Level 25. Still not a single orange.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Al Borland posted:

Please tell me they have warp throwers too.

Possibly? There's not one in game currently, but there are supposed to be enemies they haven't shown yet.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Al Borland posted:

So whats with every rear end in a top hat in existence kicking people that join their games?

How do I host so retards can't do this?

Go to advanced settings (cog icon in map screen) and change to Always Host.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Seeing all these orange items is making me very jealous.

Also I had a red helmet on my loot table once. Of course I didn't get it.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Vargs posted:

Level 31, mostly spend my time doing 1-2 grimoire hard mode Horn runs, and the only orange item I own is from crafting together 5 blues to make...a poison bow with faster movespeed while aiming, chance for increased attack speed on kill, and increased zoom distance. Welp. Not that I would ever use a poison bow even if it had perfect modifiers.

Don't use weapon types you don't like when fusing! Each slot is a 20% chance to get that type of item, so putting 3x Longbows and 2x Dual Daggers for example means a 60% chance to get a bow and 40% chance for daggers.

:ssh:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I find that the huge, almost shield level knockback on the greathammers more than makes up for their slightly lower damage than greataxes, especially on Nightmare where you just really don't want to risk taking hits.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I think that hat looks pretty cool :shrug:

The two skull trinkets also go with the theme!

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Age of Sigmar is really bad and stupid

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah the first thing me and my friends thought of when Vermintides gameplay videos came out as, "Deathwatch would be the perfect excuse to throw a bunch of chapters together for a 40k version of this".

Hopefully Deathwing will do the job if it ever comes out!

Illegal Username posted:

hahaha what the hell

has anyone ever bought that?

I know a guy who has spent probably close to 10k on Space Marine stuff. I don't think he even plays the game.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Grondoth posted:

I'm pretty sure only things with Headshot do extra damage when you hit heads.

Not the case at all. All melee weapons will do more damage with hits to the head. Probably same with ranged, not sure about that.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
They already have a vampire in the group, so a playable one would be nice.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

BombiTheZombie posted:

If you mean Olysseya then nah, she aint a vampire. She is just from not-russia (Kislev) and got gifted spectral horses by a wandering Amethyst Wizard. She is a smuggler, informant and bit of an rear end kicker according to the story, but not a vampire.

Oh. I heard Kerillian say something along the lines of "I can't believe I'm happy to see a creature as vile as you" when we made it to the escape once and figured that was a hint to Olesya being a vampire.

Then again, I suppose she finds all humans to be vile creatures.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
New map is awesome. Game is awesome.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Stormgale posted:

Another one is during The sideways bit, before you drop down to be teleported to outside the tower, to your left there will be a gap with a chest on it, drop down then drop down again to go back to earlier in the level and keep going

Really? If that's the case, one of the grimoires has a randomized location because I found one in a room down one of the corridors in the intersection just after the second tome. It was just sitting on a pile of books, the room had a strange green glow inside.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

randombattle posted:

Is it just other people's pistols or yours too? I don't think I've seen a problem with them but I'm usually Saltzpyre.

It's just for others'. Have a Witch Hunter fire his pistols in front of your face and you're guaranteed to get sub-20 fps.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
The forge is the only thing that unlocks. Or rather, it's the only thing in the beta, we don't know if there's going to be more in the full game.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Sorry to tell you, but all of those (apart from the bot pathfinding) are on the players loving up or overestimating their abilites.

Stormvermin are not a huge threat if you deal with them properly and getting caught by a patrol is 100% the players' fault.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
There can be some bullshit patrol spawns, yeah, but I highly doubt those are intended and consider them bugs.

Gutter Runner pouncing someone when you're all sticking together is a non-issue since you can just shoot/smack him before he does any real damage. Packmasters can be a real issue, true, they mentioned in the AMA that they might nerf them somehow. Even then, getting two packmasters is far from a game-over unless you're doing full tome/grimoire runs on nightmare+ in which case what were you expecting?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
That launch trailer is real cool. Saltzpyre pulling off some gun kata is the best.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Al Borland posted:

well the arming sword is an awful 1 hander without the benefit of a shield.

Basically a poorman's wanna be 2hander.

shieldless 1handers are actually great hth

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
You haven't lived until you've been the sacrificial lamb on a Nightmare Horn ammo box run only to succesfully survive until the end on your own. Shieldbashing every drat rat in the tower is the best thing and also intense as all hell. :black101:

Fighting the Rat Ogre with ranged weapons is actually the worst way to fight him. :ssh:

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Oct 23, 2015

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Al Borland posted:

what time is the game going live?

17:00 UTC, so 9 hours from this post.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Vargs posted:

Has anyone figured out how Hail of Doom (% chance for attacks to split into 2 projectiles) and Knockback (% chance to knock back on hit) work? I've got an orange conflagration staff and I'm not sure if those will do anything at all with the charge attack.

Charge attack's not a projectile so I highly doubt Hail of Doom will work, and it already has huge knockback so that trait's useless for it as well.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Red is only for hats though

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Was really hoping for a proper boss fight at the end rather than "destroy 4 chain anchors to save the city".

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
You'll all be glad to know that there are two fish trinkets. The orange one is rainbow-colored (and has a 40% chance which is incredible).

(I guess there might also be a green version, haven't seen it though)

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Al Borland posted:

the orange one is apparently 20% :saddowns:

Welp, they really nerfed it since closed beta then.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

LemonAIDS posted:

Yeah but the repeater does the same thing in a quick 3-5 shots and will kill them through a rat swarm too. The difference in kill time is basically nothing.

What? It takes significantly longer to fire off 4 shots from a repeater than it does 1 from a handgun. Not to mention the repeater is nowhere close to the pinpoint accuracy of the handgun.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
If you're running sidemissions for loot, just do Black Powder on Nightmare (switch to Cataclysm once you've got the strategy down). Each run takes maybe 3-5 minutes. Only problem is it heavily depends on luck, as getting stormvermin in the first spawn can gently caress you over since everyone is split up.

I ran through cataclysm maybe 10 times last night. Got a single orange, everything else was green or white. Yes, white on cataclysm. :suicide:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
My first (and one of two) orange was a blunderbuss.

The blunderbuss definitely needs a buff. I think making it armor piercing and kill stormvermin in one bodyshot even on higher difficulties could go a long way to making it more useful. Or the more amusing option would be to up its knockback so that it knocks stormvermin clean on their rear end.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Pitdragon posted:

A goon was saying earlier that the upgrade system decides what kind of weapon to award you based on what items you feed into it, with each item giving a 20% chance of the crafted item being a higher rarity version of itself. It seems like this might be the case, but I haven't really played around enough with it to know, anyone figure out how it works?

It works just like you described in your post.

Put sword in, sword comes out.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Stormgale posted:

Brace of pistols + Strength potion is a good way to dump ammo into a rat ogre too.

Pistols + speed potion and you turn into a loving minigun, it's so good.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Pathos posted:

I bought this game to play with a friend and he's getting nonstop "Backend Error - Wrong transition. Going from state connected connected to connection initialized." errors. I've googled it and it looks like it mainly comes up when the servers are down, though I verified the servers were up and my copy functioned perfectly at the same time he was having problems. Does anyone have any ideas? I have looked this up and come up totally empty. Just hoping someone has some experience with this?

Did he have the closed beta client and did he copy the files from that to make the full game install faster? If so, tell him to remove all the .patch0 (I think was the extension) files.

If that's not it, sorry, no idea. He should probably get in touch with support.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
The one time I roll a 7 it's a loving poison bow. :negative:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Pubbies are hard at work finding new ways to exploit the Horn finale. You can stand on the diagonal beams on the sides of the horn to get the same effect as when you sat underneath.

Why they need exploits when you have the bench and ammobow, who knows.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I ran through all the mission on Hard with a friend (other 2 slots were pubbies) on release and never had to retry a mission outside of Wheat & Chaff. :shrug:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
All of the special skaven are far more dangerous than their L4D counterparts. I don't remember ever getting killed or even taking serious damage from a spitter while globadiers will gently caress your poo poo up real bad if you don't take them out quickly. Which is a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I've played since the closed beta at the start of the month and you could always block Stormvermin if you had enough stamina :shrug:

That's usually only the case for shields though, in which case it's better to just shove them and not take the hit.

• Locked thread