Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I really just want a DLC character with some polearms. Though I guess since they're doing new weapon types for existing characters first, it's probably likely Kruber will get a halberd. (correct me if wrong but the Empire is big on halberds, right?)

Also an Orc mercenary would be fantastic but not possible due to there already being a dwarf in the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Finally get my third orange at level 40. It's a Sword & Shield with extra stamina, stronger push and heroic instakill on charge attacks.

Sigmar has blessed me.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Welp, Enemy Below has 4 tomes for some reason, but if you finish with both grims, 4 tomes and 2 loot dice the game crashes.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Pumpkinreaper posted:

Where all the lizardmen at?

Space

(I know that doesn't happen until later)

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Al Borland posted:

Just forged a bloodlust, stam recovered on hit, extra push mace n shield :smug:

whose sigmar's favorite now?

Too bad mace & shield is objectively inferor to sword & shield. :colbert:

I really don't like the orange shield model though because holy poo poo you're blind when using it

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Musluk posted:

I have finished that before with multiple goons multiple and we only had one multiple-crash today/yesterday at the black powder part. Also it has 3/2. Dunno what you guys encountered.

I do believe that there's a possible crash due to a physics miscalculation on levels with gunpowder placement.

It did count all 4 tomes at the end but crashed when it got to the cursed dice. I still got the loot though. We did it a few more times and the fourth tome was always there.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
White Rat isn't a particularly hard mission though? :shrug:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Finally getting an orange weapon only to have it roll 3.5% on a 3-10% trait is the worst thing.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

So they had that huge fantasy world setup, with tons of fluff, and then decided to gently caress it all in the hope that Sigmarines sell better ?

Well, Fantasy wasn't making them any money so they decided to make a pay-to-win tabletop game in the form of Age of Sigmar, presumably hoping for whales to buy absolutely ridiculous armies.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
It's really weird to me when reviews complain about the game being L4D but not as good and then proceed to list problems that L4D also had (in many cases they were worse in L4D).

Also when reviews complain about the game being too easy when they don't play past Normal difficulty. Reviewers, I don't get them. :shrug:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Strength potion-ed bombs do a hell of a lot of damage to the rat ogre, especially if they're improved bombs. Other than that, just get your blocking and dodging down and you won't take any damage unless he corners you.

Also burning tanks to death was one of the dumbest things about L4D so I'm glad they didn't take that!

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Krinkle posted:

How bad should I feel that I"m level 24 and don't have a trinket and have never even come close. Like whenever I wizard's tower with two grimiores, three tomes, and a handful of cursed die there are no trinkets even on the board and whenever I roll seven naked die, trinkets are the top three options just to rub it in.

In the closed betas I only got a single trinket. Now I have close to 20 of them, most of them green :v:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

It must be bugged then because I've definitely experienced mismatches (like being Kruber and seeing the whole world on fire).

e: Actually I'm pretty sure you're wrong anyway because the different illusions are not the same geographically. It wouldn't work. People would be walking on air or into invisible walls from other player's perspectives.

What you're saying is incorrect. Each player sees something different and that is why it's such a cool level. All the illusions have the same geometry. Where Kruber sees a house, Kerillian sees a large rock.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Bukowski posted:

If I can get 60-70 fps running L4D2 with all settings maxed out (resolution 1920×1080) on my laptop, will I be able to run this on medium high with the same resolution?

And my wireless isn't the greatest, Chivalry basically requires me to plug in the old cat6 just so I when I see my sword hit something it actually hits something. How is the netcode and is there any fancy stuff going on with the melee that would make hit detection worse?

If 60-70 is the highest you can get and not just what it's capped at, then no, you probably won't get a good framerate at medium high settings. The game is very heavy on the CPU.

Network wise, I believe all your own hits are clientside while the enemy hits may be serverside? I'm not sure, I just know that blocking is not as reliable with high latency. It's certainly still playable at ~200 ping.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Mendrian posted:

Why do people try to snipe with the elf. I like to just spray and pray medium range into a hoard before going fill blender. It's way more satisfying.

Because people will shower them with praise after they see what an MLG skillshot sniper they are

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Gordon posted:

Wheat and Chaff, what the flying gently caress is going on.

They're separating the wheat from the chaff :unsmigghh:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Gordon posted:

Is that why they are so many Stormvermin there and the map is effectively unbeatable on anything other than normal?

Its difficulty is overtuned (according to devs) but it's far from unbeatable on Hard, even with pubbies. Just need to make sure you've got enough people with weapons suited for stormvermin. Having a greathammer or two is a huge help. Also make sure to always keep moving, only stop to heal because the rats never stop coming.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
They should pair the WH axe with a sawed off shotgun :colbert:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
What do they mean with tweaked barrel spawns? Is it no longer possible to do BP legit by rushing through it quickly?

Musluk posted:

There was another exploit that worked on most of the levels, let me see if it's still working.

e: nope. Nice.

As it's fixed, what was it?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Any kind of attack staggers a gutter runner, including the push.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Please tell me that's a peg-leg cannon and/or mace

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Doing Black Powder now is horrible. Pubbies can't deal with it without exploiting.

Also they moved one of the barrel spawns so it takes a little longer to do.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Drakes posted:

The default bow seems alright? Plenty of ammo for chewing through trash while somewhat accurate with zoom-in for wearing down specials.

It doesn't one-shot clanrats on hard (unless you get a higher rarity one) and it's not armor-piercing which makes it really bad in general because it doesn't clean up mobs or kill specials.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Donnerberg posted:

My life is complete.

Joining a pubbie Hard game and seeing the host only has the Easy banner up is a good indicator to get the gently caress out of that game

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Funnily enough the poison bow is the only weapon where firendly fire is a serious problem. Nothing like being in a melee only to have half your health melt in 2 seconds because your elf pubbie shot you in the back :v:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Push hits all rats in range

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

Is it just me or does the Witch Hunter's axe block slower then the rapier?

Also my friend tells me the WH's "Best in Slots" are crossbows and a 2-handed sword; but personal preference still matters obviously.

Are there just examples of weapon types for classes that are just better then other options?

Your friend is wrong. A good set of pistols is better than any crossbow for most situations. Rapier is also fantastic, 1h axe isn't bad either.

Really, the only truly bad weapons in the game are the repeater pistol and both types of swift bows.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

randombattle posted:

So what's up win the dwarf hammer and shield? It says it isn't armor piercing with normal attacks but you'll kill a stormvermin faster with the head taps then with the "armor penetrating" sheild smash.

Shield bashes do low damage and are meant to keep a large group of rats at bay while still doing some damage and not taking stamina. If you get the timing down you're basically invincible and can easily take on entire hordes by yourself.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Backhand posted:

That raises a good question; how damaging are bombs to teammates on the higher difficulties? They can be great for saving someone getting overwhelmed on Hard or below, but I always hesitate on Nightmare.

Improved bombs with a strength potion can kill your teammates from full health, IIRC (unfortunately I've only tried this one). Firebombs do a decent bit of damage also, but the bigger issue is their burn DoT which makes using ranged weapons impossible for a bit.

Unless you're running 2 grims, a regular bomb shouldn't be a big deal.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Coolguye posted:

It depends.

I mean, presuming it reduces damage (as opposed to negating it altogether), how much does it reduce it? 25% is likely completely forgettable, but 50%+ could be nice. And how long does it last? If it lasts 5 seconds, that's great. If it lasts 1 second, it's forgettable.

I don't feel like we know enough about that trait to judge it too much right now.

It blocks 100% of the next attack. Don't know about duration.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Digital_Jesus posted:

I did play with some goons the other night though and we spent the whole time doing nightmare runs and vote kicking our random pubby 4th right out front of the cart every time though. That was pretty good.

Good job being a huge rear end in a top hat, I guess!

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

How do you spawn items with the cheat engine?

You don't.

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Lunethex posted:

The only ranged weapon I can see them ever adding for Kruber is a grenade launcher as seen in Total Warhammer, other than that I don't know what they could do for him. The only melee idea would of course be a polearm of some sort.

Halberd and a regular old spear are weapons that sill need adding. It's really weird they decided to give him a falchion before a halberd, one of the most iconic Empire weapons.

• Locked thread