Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So this game looks pretty fun. How well would it run on a GTX960m with an i7 5700 2.7ghz processor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Skandranon posted:

Probably fine? I have a 4990K and GTX 970, and running on almost everything on high, with no noticeable frame rate issues. 960m should be able to handle it fine if you drop a few settings.

Ok, sounds good. It is a mobile card so I was expecting a drop anyways, but this is reassuring.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I got the GMG code for an extra 25 percent off and bought the preorder at 20 bucks. I won't get to sit down and play until thursday evening though. If I'm a hitty hitty smashy smashy kind of player, would the Dwarf be a good fit?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So when Total War Warhammer comes out, they should totally do a cross promotion with Vermintide: Skaven race for Total War, Orc and Blood Dragon mercenaries for Vermintide as new characters.

You can get away with putting a Vampire in Vermintide, just make them an aspiring Blood Dragon. The strongest Blood Dragons are insanely deadly to the point of dueling Bloodthirsters, but everyone has to start somewhere.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So this game is pretty loving fun. Anyone else having really quiet audio though? I have mine set up for headphones and the master volume is at 100, but it is still pretty soft.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

What is the Warhammer god of RNG? I need to thank him/her/it for finally giving me a be staff and turning my basic fire attack into a flaming shotgun blast of awesome.

His initials are N.F.L, and his patrons play Bloodbowl. Everyone else just calls him Nuffle.

EDIT: gently caress

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So unless you have armor piercing, how can you deal with Stormvermin? It seems sword and board Kruber is not very good at fighting them.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So what do strength potions do? Just increase your damage?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Something I would like is the ability to at least push a special if you manage to time it right before getting hosed over. It sucks when a Packmaster spawns right in your face and snares you instantly even if you are blocking.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Just found out that Jesper Kyd did the music for this game. No wonder the atmosphere is so good, that guy is a brilliant composer.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So do you need to complete the missions before you can unlock new ones? Because I've only got five missions on my screen.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

stanislaus posted:

Anyone running this on a 970 and i3570k or similar? Have they improved the optimization at all since beta started?

Still waiting on Nvidia to put out some drivers for this game. It runs pretty good but there are definitely places where your FPS will still tank, especially if there's a lot of particle effects flying.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hoooooly poo poo gently caress Wheat and Chaff. The special spawns are insane on that map. On Normal, I had a rat ogre, a globadier and TWO four man Stormvermin Patrols at once. We didn't stand a chance.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Got a white Mercenary Greatsword and an arquebus for the Soldier. Headshotting Stormvermin 24/7.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Axe me a question, I dare you!

gently caress Rochelle.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So, Ork themed DLC or Chaos Beastment themed DLC?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does Olesya have spectral ghost horses or is it just a graphical error for me?

Also, Wheat and Chaff is straight up broken wrt special spawns.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Playing with pubbies when you hear a stormvermin patrol marching your way. Rather than go around, they charge headlong into six or seven of the bastards and all die.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There really needs to be some sort of split second block for hook rats or gutter runners. As it is if one comes at you in the middle of a crowd you're basically hosed. Even L4D gave you the chance to interrupt a Hunter's lunge if you timed a push right.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ravenfood posted:

Related to this, it'd be nice if, after (if) they add DLC characters that some weapons get listed as cross-class. The greatswords, handguns, and crossbows are probably the biggest examples of cross-class weapons and it'd cut down on some of the frustration of not getting any of the weapons you want. Which is mostly fine for now, but if/when more characters get added it'll only get worse.

Elaborating on that, cross class weapons could have certain bonuses regarding where the weapon comes from, like say a Dwarf handgun fires faster than an Empire Harquebus, but the Harquebus has more accuracy, or summat.

I loving love the sound that Globadiers make. It's like a steam engine from hell.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

extra stout posted:

This game looks pretty fun but I'm running lovely Vista, I know it says 7 minimum but I've ran plenty of newer games with words and stuff saying I can't before, anyone run it on Vista yet?

Does the future run on Vista to get that time machine working?

I don't know how well this game will run with Vista. Did DirectX 11 even exist when Vista was around?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Deathwing is probably not going to be as much a survival game as Vermintide. It's probably going to be a lot more flashy guns blazing murder the gently caress out of the Tyranids while not getting ripped apart by Genestealers kind of fun. Probably a lot more lethal than Vermintide since the basic Genestealers have rending claws that will tear through even the strongest Space Marine in no time. Think if it was an entire army of Stormvermin and Gutter Runners instead of junk clanrats.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
High Elf White Lion with long spear or great axe

Dark Elf Corsair with cutlasses and machine crossbow

Ork with Big Choppa or Little Choppa,, wide AOE on all weapons because he's a loving Orc

Lizardman with poison blowpipe and spiked club

Ogre with hands, cannot heal with medical supplies but eats rats to heal

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Playing Engines of War as the Dwarf, I accidentally fall off the side of a cliff and lose three quarters of my health at the beginning of the map. Guy playing Kruber starts a vote to kick me, but he loses, so he starts yelling in chat at us. Elf player points out that Kruber player was being a dick anyways by stealing all the ammo for his stupid blunderbuss rather than the elf's bow, and the elf player was actually pretty good. Kruber player spent the rest of the match complaining at us because he's a level 40 and we're all levels 15-25 so we obviously suck. I blow all three doomwheels and then Kruber got grabbed by a hook rat so we abandoned him until he rage quit.

This game brings out the best in us and it's all justified because everyone in Warhammer hates each other.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 28, 2015

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
For all the bad stuff in The End Times, the Skaven plan to blow up the moon and the undead toad deflecting everything before taking off in his aztec rocket ship was probably the best. That and Settra telling the other undead to gently caress off.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Why would they even need to trademark Orc? They've already got the spelling Ork and the nickname Greenskins.

I'm an idiot for not noticing earlier, but the best place to hold out at the end of Machines of War is in the cellar. No worries about ROgres down there and it's easy to defend.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Got a blue repeater gun with knockback and 50 percent faster reload. Spinning this thing before firing into a crowd of rats is hilarious.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So how well does the Mace and Shield hold up? I've tried it but I have a hard time getting a hold of the swing combo. The first two swings are hilarious because they just send rats flying, but it has pretty low damage and the only AP you get is from your shield bash.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So Kruber's warhammer, does it only do AP on regular swings? The Dwarfen hammer does AP on both normal and special swings.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I don't know what's happened to me, but suddenly I can't do poo poo with my blue zweihander. Push rats and then charge a swing, get interrupted by the one slaverat I missed with my push.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Had a game of smugglers run on Hard. Some level six Kruber sees a stormvermin patrol come marchine his way, rather than avoid them or throwing a bomb, he decides the best course of action is to open up with his repeater at point blank range. Proceeds to get stomped and the rest of the party goes down to half health trying to save his sorry rear end.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So on nightmare is the friendly fire for ranged weapons only? I imagine melee friendly fire would be awful.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Have one person with a shield prefereably tank it, if you have a strength potion chug it before tossing a bomb at the thing. It isn't armored by AP attacks will definitely help bring it down. Dodge backwards when it goes for a ground pound, always keep your shield up and at full stamina to block its toss attack. Preferably fight it in an open area rather than in a building.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I got an arming sword for Kruber, and it actually seems pretty good? Head shot and armor penetration on the charged attack and three shields of stamina doesn't seem too bad.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Coolguye posted:

A zwei has all that, more damage, and twice the reach

And less speed. I've been having trouble with the Zwei lately, but I like the sword and shield, so perhaps this will work better.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Skandranon posted:

I believe they've stated they have plans for a DLC where you find the dwarf hold that Bardin is looking for, as well as adding some new enemy races. They also are planning to release a new weapon pack soon.

Pickaxe for the Dwarf?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So Steamspy claims that just over a quarter of a million people bought Vermintide. That's alright for a 30 dollar game, isn't it?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Everyone here complaining about Horn of Magnus, while I'm trying to convince people to stop playing Man the Ramparts over and over. Yes, it is a fun map and can be done quickly. No, I do not want to play it five times in a row but you're the only people nearby running Nightmare matches, christ.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tiler Kiwi posted:

300,000 copies sold? How does that compare to their previous titles?

Their only previous game that comes close to the attention Vermintide has is War of the Roses, and it got stomped on by Chivalry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Played a nightmare Smuggler's Run. At the edge of the flooded section with the wide open space, we hear a patrol of stormvermin coming our way. The geniuses I was playing with decided to hide to the right of the entrance they were coming from rather than retreating across the water and going around. So I suggest tossing an improved bomb with a strength potion and the elf player starts to flip out (because it's always the elf player) thinking I'm going to get us all killed. The stormvermin are almost on top of us, so I say gently caress it, hock the potion and toss the improved bomb. Lands square in the middle, I get eight stormvermin kills, and the rest of the players applauded me.

The elf shut up after that.

I am also loving Kruber's Arming Sword. Headshot and AP on the special attack is brilliant for swarms. So many decapitations.

• Locked thread