Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
This game is fun, I can see myself wasting a lot of time with this once it's released. I actually have a hard time not wasting too much time on the beta, especially since my core co-op group does not have access to it yet. Still find me starting it up more often than I should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So I've heard rumblings that the Dwarf has like a secret ability to his shield shove that causes what amounts to a taunt for rats hit? Is that true? He does seem like the tank class

The loading screen tips say that shoving an enemy will aggro him, your shield bash shoves a lot of enemies. It's less of a secret ability but more of a general mechanic that is not explained outside of the loading screen and that the dwarf does best.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

But the two handed hammers and axes get armor-piercing attacks even on the basic strikes, which makes more than up for the smaller hit area on single strike, especially on the hammer with which you can still sweep large areas with the charged attack.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

It seems that they are fine with people using a speed potion to jump back on the ledge, at least there was no fixes applied to that. I guess that is more 'creative use of the tools at hand' and less exploit.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Fans posted:

Or they haven't got round to fixing that yet.

Isn't one of the grimoirs in that level also beyond a ledge that you can only get to with a speed potion? The one behind the one-way rubble in the ruins of the inn. As long as they got that in there I doubt they will fix this 'exploit' as it's the same mechanic.

e:
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
exactly

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

rezatahs posted:

You just have to do a goofy Super Mario-esque side jump from the lamp post. No potion needed.

Now I feel like an idiot for not trying that.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

What rifle? the high damage, high accuracy single shot rifle? Yes, the dwarf gets a similar one. If you're looking for the blunderbuss/shotgun, I think the dwarf only gets a weaker double barrel version, you're doing half the damage but you can drop two shots very fast to make up for that.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

What counts as a man-sized target in this game? I'm sure that includes all the standard Skaven, but does this also include all the specials (except rat ogres) or only some, what about Storm Vermin? This is important as it decides if my '17% chance for insta-kill on normal attack against man sized target' dual daggers are total trash or acceptable.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Dvsilverwing posted:

Even if it counts only for normal Skaven, almost every 1 out of every 5 hits will insta-kill and although I don't play the class I can only assume the daggers attack incredibly fast. You can probably tell the difference between fighting off a horde with those daggers vs. another pair.

You're right, they certainly kill a lot faster than the normal daggers, still not sure about storm vermin as everyone focuses them as soon as they pop up, but even if it doesn't work against them, the additional 5% chance for 5% heal on the daggers is well worth it thanks to the fast attack speed. First blue I am really happy with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Unzip and Attack posted:

Hahahaha got seperated from my group by accidentally falling off a ledge and ran into a shield rat who was completely unkillable by Footman Kruber with a greatsword. As in, I couldn't damage him no matter what. I swung at him probably 30 times and never got past the shield. Tried a rifle blast at point blank- nope. Had to just let him kill me.

10/10 game

Blocking an attack gives you enough time to side-step and deal with them unless you're surrounded by a bunch of them. In that case you block and follow up with the shove+attack move to get them staggered or dead if you got a head-shot capable heavy weapon like the executioners sword.

• Locked thread