Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
As keen as I'd be to see a bunch of new additional characters, I am also wary given that the starting cast has a ton of contextual voiced dialogue between one another / per the stages. Introducing more characters could be quarrelsome if there are issues / heavy costs to record additional / exponentially more dialogue (since you'd ideally want all of the characters to converse with one another as the cast grows.) That said, I'm hoping they can knock it out of the park and keep on rolling with new content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Pretty sure it's just the staff putting on their best worst accents and recoding dialogue shouldn't be too pricey. Even though everyone likes to poo poo on Evolve for it, the DLC characters are fully voiced and integrated. For $5 a character that you see in game if you purchased it or not? Seems like a good deal to me.

They actually just a few days ago posted a bunch of videos about their voice recording process and they're all actual professional actors / voice actors.

The Witch Hunter for instance is Tim Bentinck.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
I suspect that it is probably entirely cosmetic, but I was curious if there was any mechanical difference in health / 'toughness' between the characters--e.g. the soldier and dwarf being more 'durable' than the bright wizard and elf. I can't help but associate plate armor and the like with characters being more resilient, but I figure they're probably mechanically identical in that regard.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
I can confirm that the dice are pre-rolled, since I got the achievement for getting an Exotic piece of loot before I even loaded the dice-rolling screen. Then in that same results set I proceeded to roll 7 hits and got the Gamester achievement, so I'm not sure what the difference is there.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

Smith Comma John posted:

Who/what is this "Dory" the dwarf keeps going on about?

That's his colloquial term for non-dwarf companions.

Edit: I'm wrong, but that's the gist of his chatter--whatever the other term he busts out is.

GaistHeidegger fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 21, 2015

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

quote:

The process of selecting and developing the characters was a long and difficult process, (but amazingly fun ofc.) a few of my favorites did not make the cut, the warhammer classic rat-catcher with a small but vicious dog and the bretonnian peasant had to be dropped since Martin wanted more epic heroes.

Well, there's your response on the rat catcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

Safety Factor posted:

Doesn't mean one won't be added in later. Let me dream. :gbsmith:

They did say that there were around 50 race/class combinations they were excited about before painfully whittling down to the five we got and that they'd like to explore adding more, so there's likely to be some fun combinations that could crop up.

• Locked thread