Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dd209
Sep 21, 2015
Anyone else get a gigantic fps hit from a lot of the particle effects in the game? I turned down or disabled a whole bunch of settings but I still see drops from the 40s/50s to about 10fps when a poison globe hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dd209
Sep 21, 2015

Skandranon posted:

There is a bug where if the host switches their weapon really fast (uses mouse wheel to just spin) it will grind everyone else's FPS to a halt.

Ah, wasn't aware of that. I'm certain it's the particle effects though, as I only really notice it when a gas capsule, overcharged fireball or bomb explodes.

Anyway, finished the third map in the beta (Screaming Bell) and was surprised at how short it was compared to HoM or EoD. Whilst you lose the sense of escaping by the skin of your teeth, I personally felt it was a more reasonable level of difficulty, as you still learn the dangers of not paying attention to where everyone is without the feeling of being completely buggered if the team messes up early in the other maps. Overall I definitely found the beta very punishing on the default (Normal) difficulty, partly because of enemies that are only really a big problem if you screw up royally in L4D (Smokers) suddenly becoming a much greater headache when all you can really do is run after them or hope for a clear shot if you're playing as Dwarf or another character with slow reloads and low ammo. Reminded me of early games of Payday, except there you're forced to break up your team and cover various angles depending on luck/skill, whereas in Vermintide I didn't see any viable macro-strategy beyond "stick close together all the time or you're screwed".

• Locked thread