Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
I really thought this game was a pile. Sound, music, writing, and narrative are complete garbage. That is my opinion but I would suggest to those wanting to get it on day one be wary, it is a buggy mess in beta and it is going to take more than until the end of the month to fix those problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

Skandranon posted:

A beta had bugs? Why I never!

Yeah great job sussing out my real issue was the beta had bugs and not that there were so many they wont be able to fix them all by the time they release in a few weeks. You have a great career ahead of you as a company yes man.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Or maybe people had different experiences than you and maybe it's more to do with your setup? I mean, since all you're offering up is "THERE WERE BUGS!" no one really knows what the gently caress you're talking about. I encountered bugs, but nothing that made the game unplayable.

I understand that but I had a lot of games where the host would crash and the level would reset, so it wasn't just me crashing. There were also port and connection issues when a friend and I tried to host a game which is just stupid in this day and age. My point was for those that DID like it just to be wary about the whole pre order business because I know most people would rather have a game that works on release. I was fairly clear about that.

I think the biggest actual design flaw with the game is they are just going to have the payday 2 problem where everyone just plays one mission over and over to get new loot. It would have been better to actually copy left4dead where the missions were a little shorter but you have to play a chain of them, with of course an item drop at the end of each little mission and maybe the big roll at the end of the chain. I personally just get bored quickly when my 2 options are play the same poo poo again or wait forever to try and get a game on something else.

• Locked thread