Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkn1o
Jun 12, 2003
Does anyone know what the Cataclysm difficulty is like? Is it the same difficulty gap as between hard and nightmare?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkn1o
Jun 12, 2003

Skandranon posted:

I think someone mentioned that Cataclysm has friendly fire, so no more dropping fireballs on your friends or shooting arrows in their backs.

That's pretty disappointing. Nightmare already has friendly fire and no respawns. Though it's usually not an issue since ranged is really only useful to pick off skaven or kill specials and they usually swarm you in hard or above difficulty. I had a blast, but I think the game could use something special on the hardest difficulties to actually make it challenging. I mean, hard is still so easy that you can run it consistently with 2 bots and 100% loot drops.

Darkn1o
Jun 12, 2003

Skandranon posted:

Greens gain a trait over whites, but no stats. Blues gain 2 traits and some stats over green/white. I suspect oranges get at least 3 traits, maybe stats, but I've not gotten an orange weapon yet.

Oranges gain slightly more stats than a blue. They do give 3 random traits as well. I wouldn't say the weapons make that big a difference. As I was still running nightmare pretty easily at 100% loot drops with a white and blue and still getting top kills by a significant amount.

Dezztroy posted:

Trinkets are going to make the biggest difference when it comes to loot, I believe. In the beta I got a fish that gave me a 40% chance to not consume healing items upon use. Getting 3 uses out of a single medkit is kind of a huge deal.

Yeah trinkets are amazing. I was wearing a blue trinket that gave 4% movespeed. Another party member had two trinkets that healed the party members around him for 20% of his healed health. He said that they stack. So if you had the orange version of the movespeed trinket and triple stacked them you could potentially have 15-18% increased movespeed.

• Locked thread