Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I caught a few streamers playing this last week and it looks really good, plus it's $30 so it's hard to say no. I know nothing about Warhammer but hitting rats in the face with a hammer looks fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Elpato posted:

Being in Beta, however, I crashed out of the victory screens of the missions the majority of the time, so my level is very low. I read somewhere that it's a known bug, but I missed out on a lot of loot. I did manage to roll for two pieces of gear tonight, though, by NOT clicking on the satisfaction survey at the end of the match. Apparently it's breaking the GUI in some cases and causing the game to crash before I could get XP or loot.

Ahh I've been getting this half the time too, I'll try skipping the survey at the end and see if that helps tonight.

I bought a key yesterday, which for $1.50 is like renting the game.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

I've yet to get a full game in tonight since patching the hotfix. Random crashes, connection to Steam errors, random returning to Inn. :(

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Skandranon posted:

I don't know how it was for you, but of the crashes I experienced, they managed to fix those within the first day the beta was running. So I am impressed with their speed on that, and the beta served it's purpose! I don't think you really understand what a public beta is for. It's not a demo, it's not about YOU at all. It is so they can collect data at a large scale that they were not able to in their labs. They will then work through that data and fix bugs. If they are able to push out changes as fast as they were during the beta, I am fully confident they will fix the majority of issues.

I'm sorry your stint as an unpaid QA worker wasn't as fun as you hoped it would be.

I was pretty impressed they got a hotfix out after day 1 of the closed beta, but I ended up getting just as many crashes/fatal errors after the hotfix anyways. I kind of agree with dtkozl, I'm a little skeptical they can get everything cleaned up in a few weeks.

I still plan on picking this up, but it won't be day 1 anymore and I'll wait a bit to see how it fares.

• Locked thread